If you had to leave Mass and move north...

NC is pretty far off from the paradise, you know. I really would not say it is soo much better than MA.
I understand. But it is a step in the right direction.

I save a lot of money, as much as possible, so living cheaper would be great, even if it is not a constitutional carry paradise. The job would mean a pay raise and moving down south wouldnt trigger a pay reduction, I already confirmed with HR, in writing.

I work in tech, which means I will never be too far from some Liberal sh*thole.

There is no such thing as paradise, but this post is probably going to hurt a lot of NC invested ass.
i`ve been to Durham many times, and looked around too. Dunno. I do remain at my opinion on this.
There are some nice places around TN, but, as population grows, and migration flows toward TN - it is probably not gonna last.

i`ve been to Durham many times, and looked around too. Dunno. I do remain at my opinion on this.
There are some nice places around TN, but, as population grows, and migration flows toward TN - it is probably not gonna last.
That is the cancer of society.

I don't expect any place to survive as a "paradise", so I did the cost benefit analysis and made my decisions based on that.

To stick more on topic that is gun laws relative to NH v. ME:

ME is much more Fudd than NH meaning gun laws are fine if it's not my bolt action/shotgun being regged out of existence. The Fudds are the worst because you think they are helping 2A but they are not at all. A state full of Fudds and ultra-wealthy liberals.

Whereas in NH you still have ardent 2A supporters and a fighting chance of making something happen in the State house. They got Constitutional Carry, the ERPO attempts twarted, and strong signs that the line is drawn.

NH by a landslide.

I just applied for a new job at my company. If I get it, I will need to relocate to NC when sh*t opens again. If it happens, I will probably keep my place in MA and wait to sell it.

I love NH. I love being in the middle of all the tech companies, universities and good hospitals in MA.

But f*** the North East. Taxes are retarded. I could get a 15% paycut, move south and live better.
What part of NC? I gather some parts are more "woke" than others. Would living in SC or TN be possible?

What part of NC? I gather some parts are more "woke" than others. Would living in SC or TN be possible?
The company is in RTP. So it has to be Raleigh, Durham or somewhere around there.

I was looking at the top corner of SC, near Charlotte NC, but just over the border. That would be too far.

But I have to go through the interview process first (which is tough AF) and see if it will definitely need relocation or not. The job posting says to be on site when everything reopens.

I just applied for a new job at my company. If I get it, I will need to relocate to NC when sh*t opens again. If it happens, I will probably keep my place in MA and wait to sell it.

I love NH. I love being in the middle of all the tech companies, universities and good hospitals in MA.

But f*** the North East. Taxes are retarded. I could get a 15% paycut, move south and live better.

I just applied to a job that makes like 2/5 of my current hourly rate. But since it's not in the northeast it's not a problem.

But I have to go through the interview process first (which is tough AF) and see if it will definitely need relocation or not. The job posting says to be on site when everything reopens.
your career path has 0 chances of getting 100% remote? that is too bad if so. i am 100% off, remote, since, well, i think 2007. wife`s job and relatives are the only limiting factors now.

Neither, ME sucks and NH is going blue fast. When I choose my freedom home it isn't going to be a place that'll be free for the next 5-10 years.

your career path has 0 chances of getting 100% remote? that is too bad if so. i am 100% off, remote, since, well, i think 2007. wife`s job and relatives are the only limiting factors now.
I am 100% remote today. Most of the company is remote, we encourage remote work, but some jobs require to be in the office to lead certain teams. Also, most of the company is based down there and being 100% remote is tough for growth.

That being said, sometimes jobs that are remote get posted with the incorrect location. I dont know why, I gave up trying to understand why, it just is what it is. One time we couldn't get the correct position name on the posting, it was a mess getting a team to fix it.

I am 100% remote today. Most of the company is remote, we encourage remote work, but some jobs require to be in the office to lead certain teams. Also, most of the company is based down there and being 100% remote is tough for growth.

That being said, sometimes jobs that are remote get posted with the incorrect location. I dont know why, I gave up trying to understand why, it just is what it is. One time we couldn't get the correct position name on the posting, it was a mess getting a team to fix it.

Oh great it's another "Let's make this about Brocc" thread

:rolleyes:

To stick more on topic that is gun laws relative to NH v. ME:

ME is much more Fudd than NH meaning gun laws are fine if it's not my bolt action/shotgun being regged out of existence. The Fudds are the worst because you think they are helping 2A but they are not at all. A state full of Fudds and ultra-wealthy liberals.

Whereas in NH you still have ardent 2A supporters and a fighting chance of making something happen in the State house. They got Constitutional Carry, the ERPO attempts twarted, and strong signs that the line is drawn.

NH by a landslide.

I wouldn't necessarily say Maine is more Fuddy because there's a lot of gunsmiths and manufacturers in Maine like Windham and Sellrain making ARs and AKs. Maine is a vastly more rural state, however, so gun ownership has a different purpose. There's about the same amount of people in each state but Maine is much, much bigger and far less densely populated.

NH south of Concord is basically a M*sshole refugee camp with a very similar culture to red Mass towns. Maine is a different world and there's a vast wilderness along the Canadian border that NH simply doesn't have except for Pittsburg.

I would move to NH simply for the fantastic outdoor activities. I'm in NH every weekend anyway. I'm either hiking, skiing, winter hiking, camping, fishing, you name it. Better service, better roads, friendlier people, lowest violent crime per capita in the country. Country eating 😋. Low taxes and guns are just icing on the cake.
After living there for a while you'll get to hate tourists.

Neither, ME sucks and NH is going blue fast. When I choose my freedom home it isn't going to be a place that'll be free for the next 5-10 years.
If you stay away from the cities there are no issues.
You can't compare liberal shit holes like Portland, to rural Maine. They might as well be different states.

New Hampshire tax burden will always be lower than Maine because it's such a little state. More compact means higher efficiency. Fewer large hospitals, fewer miles of roads, less of everything for basically the same population numbers.

Gun laws? It's a wash.

I would look to move out of New England completely. There are better states in the middle of the country. You don't want to move up here then have to move again in 10 years.

I just applied to a job that makes like 2/5 of my current hourly rate. But since it's not in the northeast it's not a problem.

I asked one of my guides in Kentucky as we were driving around and saw no police detail on highway construction. He said, they don’t do that here and average pay for PO is around 30k a year. He was also excited about his brand new condo he paid $150k, considered high end for there. It’s all relative however lots of things are not.

wife found a small (824 sq. ft.) log home in W. VA. yesterday. 2 outbuildings, RV pad/hookup; lots fairly new, real clean, new HVAC etc...on 54 acres....taxes....$70/mo. My kids 4 bed/3 bath pretty new place in the 'burbs in TN is $1400/yr....and he has 3 classes coming up with John Lovell (Warrior Poet Society), as the culture there is sooooo very different, though perhaps what the northeasts was back when the Constitution was just a dream.

Doens't West VA routinely win the poorest state in the country contest ? Not a big deal if you're broke too...but coming from the Northeast you might qualify as the richest family in town ;-)

Is there a penalty upon sale for those years of current use?

Not that I know of or have seen, but I am in the buying side-not selling.

The current use tax status passes along with the land from owner to owner. Whoever pulls it out of current use eats a small penalty.

Doens't West VA routinely win the poorest state in the country contest ? Not a big deal if you're broke too...but coming from the Northeast you might qualify as the richest family in town ;-)

That's more of a LA/MS thing. Consistantly worst in most categories. WV is still pretty bad off--pretty state though.

A friend of mine sold his house in Maine about five years ago when he got a job transfer to Oklahoma. He pocketed $160,000.

He called a RE agent and told her he was looking for a small house with a two car garage. She asked what his budget was and he said, “$110,000.”

There was a long pause. Thinking he was too low, he was about to respond that he could spend more.

”Sir, the most expensive house in town is $96,000.”

Move somewhere where when times get tough the locals plan on killing and eating the communists.

Drive around during election season, look for bernie signs, take notes, i bet you've got a few months worth of good high fat content meat living within several blocks of you.

Back
Top Bottom