• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you had to leave Mass and move north...

The whole point of tax vs not tax friendly is the overall taxes you are paying. I'd rather pay a single tax for the most part than get hit with 17 different taxes and tons of fees. MA taxes everything and it adds up to crazy amounts. RE taxes dwarf other places like NH.
And what's not fair is while you are paying all the tax burden being a property owner albeit because a judge made it so (unconstitutionally mandated I will add), the rest get a tax free ride. Forget all the liberals pouring in turning the state blue like the places they escaped from, if people have to directly feel the tax pain themselves they are less likely to vote for more. So now there is no direct correlation between what most people vote for and the tax burden realization.

And what's not fair is while you are paying all the tax burden being a property owner albeit because a judge made it so (unconstitutionally mandated I will add), the rest get a tax free ride. Forget all the liberals pouring in turning the state blue like the places they escaped from, if people have to directly feel the tax pain themselves they are less likely to vote for more. So now there is no direct correlation between what most people vote for and the tax burden realization.

If NH keeps blaming out of staters for it's problems NH is going to flush it self down the toilet faster than needed.

Why is it FL never bitches about all the "liberals" who "ruin" the state? FL appears to be getting more traditional conservative despite a massive influx of people. But NH residents bitch, cry and moan about people looking for liberty by moving to NH because they seek to escape the bullshit.

Let's make a deal, NH. MA can take back all it's liberals. But you get yours back. Maura Healy will now be NH's AG. And good f***ing luck you'll need it. NH born and raised. [rofl] You already have your loser a**h*** coward and NH born and raised governor f***ing up the state and making it a joke. Let me guess. MA's fault? [rofl]

NH blaming incoming residents for it's liberal leans is intellectually lazy.

If NH keeps blaming out of staters for it's problems NH is going to flush it self down the toilet faster than needed.

Why is it FL never bitches about all the "liberals" who "ruin" the state? FL appears to be getting more traditional conservative despite a massive influx of people. But NH residents bitch, cry and moan about people looking for liberty by moving to NH because they seek to escape the bullshit.

Let's make a deal, NH. MA can take back all it's liberals. But you get yours back. Maura Healy will now be NH's AG. And good f***ing luck you'll need it. NH born and raised. [rofl] You already have your loser a**h*** coward and NH born and raised governor f***ing up the state and making it a joke. Let me guess. MA's fault? [rofl]

hattip3.gif

Im getting tired of pointing out the reddest towns every election are the border towns where all the Massh*les end up. People whine about how SNH is turning into North MA but thats the most consistently red part of the state.

NH's problem is 95% homegrown. Talk to your kids about whats going on in their school. Take an hour to talk to their teachers and the admin people at their school. Find out what theyre reading on FB. Watch the tv shows and movies theyre watching. Figure out what their classmates see as cool and what opens them up to shunning. Im sure it'll be eye opening. (NH peeps will do none of this because its easier to complain about boogeymen from MA on the internet)

Leftists gravitate towards the education system and the media because theyre smart and know its the most efficient way to change society. A teacher interacts with hundreds of impressionable future voters every day. Millions are exposed to TV and the internet every day. Teachers plant the seeds and the media keeps it fertilized and watered. MA transplants are a drop in the bucket.

We closed on our new house in NH two weeks ago and have accepted an offer on our MA home.

Bought in a great neighborhood with lower taxes compared to surrounding areas. Every person we’ve met so far has been very pro gun, conservative with a live and let live attitude.

NH had had a lot of pro gun / conservative bills pass recently to help preserve liberties.
Also just voted to send the election results to a full audit.

This coming Saturday is when we will move in full time. I can’t wait.

Last edited:
NH's Senate delegation is an embarrassment. Either the state voted for two loons suitable for office in California or they are weak as kittens about addressing voter fraud. I know it's the later, but seriously, come on guys. You know people voting in two states using their vacation residences and college students have been major sources of fraud and have done f*** nothing about it for years. Same with all the voter machine oddities which have taken how many months to do even a cursory audit about? NH is going to look like VA in a few years with the same crap attitude against dealing with feckless GOPe types, Libertarian vote siphons that achieve nothing (take over the GOP from the squishes instead guys), and taking it up the ass from sleazy DNC lawyers & cheats.

You might want to clarify that statement to denote that you're talking about off-limits places in Texas, not New Hampshire.

New Hampshire has one carve-out in state law, Massachusetts has 3 (including nearly anywhere that hints at being a school or airport of any sort, including the waters offshore of Logan.
Thank you, yes, I mean TEXASS. Just edited the post.

Libertarian vote siphons that achieve nothing...
They did achieve at least one thing -- our 3rd and 4th party candidates for US senate succeeded in swinging the election to Maggie Hassan in 2016.
NH's Senate delegation is an embarrassment. Either the state voted for two loons suitable for office in California or they are weak as kittens about addressing voter fraud. I know it's the later, but seriously, come on guys.
Fraudsters are really going to have to ramp up their efforts if they're going to block Chris Sununu from deposing Maggie Hassan in the 2022 senate race.

When I lived in ME the frigging excise tax was a giant source of aggravation. Buy a used car from a dealership, show up at the town office with all of the paperwork, and they look up book value. If book value is higher than what you paid , guess what you pay tax on. They tax you for money you didn't spend; A, and B; (unless it has changed since then) the rate decreases for 5 years, then remains constant. Now that I don't live there I can laugh at my buddy who is still paying something like $600 per year in excise tax on a 20 year old Land Rover.
It's been gutted. Now BB only, and the rate seems way lower. When we moved here, our 2012 Civic was way over $250 in MA, and like $130 in Maine, including the registration same year.

We have three vehicles, and total on all three was under $200 this year.

Car insurance is half what it was in MA. Cost of food lower. Good food options. Lots of farms and fresh veggies.

And better working options for my line, vs NH. There, I'd be commuting into MA if I had to warm a desk.

Hour north of Portland is mostly safe. The sprawl of the stupid has moved an hour west.

And completely ignore the Free State Project.

57% of NH residents were not born there: but only about a quarter of those are from MA. And the above specious argument implies every person on this forum MA -> NH is a Liberal.

I just applied for a new job at my company. If I get it, I will need to relocate to NC when sh*t opens again. If it happens, I will probably keep my place in MA and wait to sell it.

I love NH. I love being in the middle of all the tech companies, universities and good hospitals in MA.

But f*** the North East. Taxes are retarded. I could get a 15% paycut, move south and live better.

NC has annoying guns laws. Better than MA, but annoying. On the bright side, western NC has awesome motorcycling and the Outer Banks is great for beach vacations.

NC has annoying guns laws. Better than MA, but annoying. On the bright side, western NC has awesome motorcycling and the Outer Banks is great for beach vacations.

Their income tax gets up there as well. I lived in Harnett and Cumberland counties for 10 years split into 4 different periods. I really like the state and if I hadn't just bought land in Coos county, it would still be on my retirement locale list. Lots of hiking, biking, fishing opportunities. World class medical care is available, great in state schools, modern amenities. Great people if you stay away from the dumpy towns, crime filled areas, or Cary.

And the above specious argument implies every person on this forum MA -> NH is a Liberal.
My wife's family is in MA, so I know plenty of people there who aren't liberals (and are gun owners), but the plain truth is, if you have people migrating from a blue state and people migrating from a red state, most of the liberals are going to come from the blue state. That's just simple math. And MA is one of the bluest states in the nation, #6 including D.C., according to Gallup. CT, where I'm from is #7, but I'm not a liberal, so obviously it's not everyone from a blue state.

OTOH, my brother and his wife are diehard lefties who think Obama walks on water. They left CT for FL a couple of years ago to escape the high taxes in CT, but good luck trying to convince them that the high taxes have anything to do with the policies they support and the politicians they vote for. They've never seen a government program they don't like, but when I suggested that maybe there was a correlation between that and their tax burden, my S-I-L spit at me "Bullshit! There are plenty of rich people who can pay for it."

And there ya go.

I have no doubt they're working hard to destroy FL as we speak.

I’m on a .33 acre. 10k in tax. Soon as my boy has his diploma , I’m the f outta here.
People are much nicer south of the Mason-Dixon line. It can be a shock to the most cold hearted bass turds from the Northeast. Need more liberty minded folks moving this way to cancel the libtards that think the policies they vote for can work if they just get the right people to run it.

I hear the flys and mosquitos are so bad in NH people often don’t even go outside in their yards. Any truth to that? Any residents care to elaborate?

I hear the flys and mosquitos are so bad in NH people often don’t even go outside in their yards. Any truth to that? Any residents care to elaborate?
Massachusetts has a longer black fly season; Overall, mosquitoes are worst near wetlands, that's true everywhere in New England. I dose my driveway drainage with BTI (kills only the larvae of mosquitoes, black flies and a few types of midge), but I'm looking forward to lasers, even if it means wearing sunglasses at night.
they are mildly annoying for about 3 weeks.
The peak hits right around June 1st, but that's why houses have screen porches and men have cigars (and Picaridin)

Last edited:
N
Massachusetts has a longer black fly season; Overall, mosquitoes are worst near wetlands, that's true everywhere in New England. I dose my driveway drainage with BTI (kills only the larvae of mosquitoes, black flies and a few types of midge), but I'm looking forward lasers.

The peak hits right around June 1st, but that's why houses have screen porches and men have cigars (and Picaridin)
That’s not too bad at all. Wish I lived in NH!

Back
Top Bottom