If you had to choose..

Glock for the hi cap mags as has been mentioned. I paid just under 500 for my 23 a few years ago without doing any shopping for a better price. I thnk you can still get them in the 5's all day.

Pick the gun that fits your hand better. M&P's have a removable back strap that allows them to fit small and big hands at no extra charge. They are super easy to remove and replace. When in a gun shop ask the clerk to bring out the other two back straps for you to try. If the clerk refuses, go find another clerk who will, it they refuse, go find a better gun shop.

If you live in MA glocks cost a small fortune but allow you to use preban mags. The S&W is cheap, has the back straps but has the shitty MA trigger which you WILL need to have "fixed," so factor that into the cost of the gun. I do not recall who does it but someone will be along (if not already as I didn't read the other replies) to tell you who does trigger jobs on M&P's.

If you live in a state other than MA (or NJ and CA) then it comes down to which one fits your hand better.

Tough decision. Go with which YOU shoot well and what fits YOU the best. It's really as simple as that, as you will find people that will choose either. I own the M&P9, and a Glock 26, and being in MA the pre ban hi caps are a plus. The Glock also fits my hand very well and I shoot it accurately. Unfortunately I paid a small fortune for it in MA, but I look at it as a one time purchase. The M&P is a beautiful gun, tremendous ergonomics and feel, and it also shoots extremely well. Both guns have been flawless, no malfunctions of any kind...

Glock 23. preban mags, reliability, and holds better value if its a 3rd gen or better! easier trigger jobs......oh yeah, you wanted a short version....I'll stop now!

Seems like Glock is most peoples first choice. Thanks for everyones input, I plan to rent both again and make a choice. I did think the Glock jumped a bit more, But it could have been because I shot the Glock last after 30 rnds in the M&P (Fatigue?)

If muzzle flip with the G23 is a concern to you take a look at the G23C. I have a 3rd Gen. G23C if you would like to try it.I'm on the South Shore.

I forgot to mention that my G23C has a Virdian C5L compact green lazer and light combo that you might like to try as well.It's a great combo.

I'm really torn.

Part of me wants to say the M&P because I already have a Glock 23

The other part of me wants to say Glock 23 because I already have 20 mags

Back
Top Bottom