If you had $700 to spend?

another vote for the White Oak Service Rifle Upper. they take 12+ weeks, so bye that time, you can save money for a lower. [laugh]

PS: i did this and they are worth the wait. [wink]

Probably put it towards one hell of a nice quality custom folder. Knife that is. Might have $ left over , might not have enough. $ 700 isn't enough for any other firearms I'm
really interested in anymore.

If I had 700 bux to spend on a firearm, it would DEFINATLEY be a 1911-style. I don't know which model/make yet, exactly, but all the 1911 models I have handled have melted like butter into my hands.

A soft sultry butter, the kind that looks at you sideways and teases you into a darkened room, with laced-sheen undergarments that cause you to.....OK, TMI. Sorry, sorry. *bristles*

K, I am ok now. *whew* (Enjoys the bucket of ice water dumped upon head) So, how about them Chicago Bears, with beers, those beers and bears, arrr!

If you have even a single gun worth more then 500.00 I would use the money on a nice safe. It's a nice way to lock up your investment; a safe with just a few guns, ammo and misc equipment can be worth a few thousand. It's also a nice place to put jewelry, documents like your social security card, birth certificate and stuff that isnt worth anything to anyone aside from you like pictures and crap.

Since others have started eroding the slippery slope, I'll jump in with both feet. Most people I've seen at the range would be better off skipping the new gun and spending $200-$300 on some good training, with the rest devoted to practice ammo.

Ken

+1

I skipped pages 4 and 5, but my answer is a question.

What do you want to do with it?

skill development?
home defense?
Concealed carry?
target practice?

how much experience do you have?

how much will you be able to shoot?

is ammunition cost an impediment to shooting more??

Not knowing any of that I'll take a stab at it.
Gen 4 Glock 17 with an advantage arms Glock .22 conversion kit.

Or maybe an M&P9 and the cheapest Ruger 22/45 you can find.

Don

Last edited:
If you had $700 to spend on a gun, what would it be?

MK9, or build my own AR-15, or a Remington 700 in .17 Fireball, or a maybe a Kel-Tec P3AT and SU-2000, or maybe a M1 Carbine or a combo of SKS and M39, or a couple H&R's, or a nice Savage in .204 Ruger, or ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom