• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you had $700 to spend?

If you only want a gun but don't need one (all defensive/hunting needs fulfilled), I would get a nice safe or enough ammo to stun a mule. Maybe a .22 and some ammo for someone who is just started in shooting.

what the folder you are looking at?

I'm waiting for a RJ Martin DRT

I've got a Strider SMF waiting for me to pick up in the mail. I sure like some / most of Greg Lightfoot's stuff , Kirby Lambert , RJ Martin . Hinderer's are the balls , 3.5 flipper , I hear he's coming out with a 4 inch, That should open unbelievably. Maybe Bob Terzoula ATCF. Got a Large Sebenza -- Nice. Alright how about 2 - 3 grand , that would work for awhile , Maybe . Ha !

Last year I picked up a nice 4" S&W model 66 with 950 rounds of PMC .357 Magnum for $600.
I don't know when it was made but its got recessed cylinders, a pinned bbl, and all the parts, including the sights are stainless.

Very early S & W 66, 66 no dash I would bet. I grabbed one about a year ago for $200 . That was a deal !

My very clean Sig P220 .45cal in stainless w/ 3-8 rd.mags, box & paperwork.
I have a very clean blue, P220, 45acp Made in Germany, roll marked, problem is no box no paper work from Sig, should I try to put a box and paperwork together for it. probably help the value I bet.

Mossberg 590 Special Purpose 12ga, ammo, and a nice sling

This is exactly the wrong gun to get for most people. Its a great defensive shotgun, but you'll never use it. Its no good for hunting or any of the sporting games. So its a single purpose firearm. If you have enough shotguns so that works for you, great.

But in its place consider something like an 1100 or even a standard Mossberg pump or auto.

Just my .02

Don

This is exactly the wrong gun to get for most people. Its a great defensive shotgun, but you'll never use it. Its no good for hunting or any of the sporting games. So its a single purpose firearm. If you have enough shotguns so that works for you, great.

But in its place consider something like an 1100 or even a standard Mossberg pump or auto.

Just my .02

Don

I hunt with my 18" 870 Tactical. I'll probably bust it out for trap next year, too.

You should also realize that for a lot of people, combat is the intended primary application. It doesn't matter if you only shoot 15s with it, it matters if you can cure someone's lead deficiency with it.

Back
Top Bottom