• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you had $700 to spend?

LOL. I just went through this exercise. I started looking at a used G27 with three mags and night sights for $700. I love my Glocks but couldn't bring myself to paying that because of the dumb arse Mass laws that make new ones non-compliant and put the used ones at a premium. Also looked at the M&P, Sigs, LCRs and even a Seecamp but nothing seem to fit what I was looking for. I was waiting for the S&W .380 body guard to make the MA list but decided against .380.

I ended up with a used S&W 1911 in excellent condition with some upgrades. I did not have a 1911 in my collection and always wanted one! Shoots great and looks great. My new BBQ gun.

BTW a week later I bought a Ruger 10/22. I wanted one of those, had the extra cash and there was a sale. Thank God the one gun a month bull never passed.

If I was spending it now, a Sig P239 in .357, or BA's P220 and a bucket of ammo (though I'm not sure $80 buys a "bucket" of .45).

But if I could wait a while, I'd hang on and save up a bit more in hopes of MassMark doing the PTR group buy

Since others have started eroding the slippery slope, I'll jump in with both feet. Most people I've seen at the range would be better off skipping the new gun and spending $200-$300 on some good training, with the rest devoted to practice ammo.

Ken

Since others have started eroding the slippery slope, I'll jump in with both feet. Most people I've seen at the range would be better off skipping the new gun and spending $200-$300 on some good training, with the rest devoted to practice ammo.

Ken

Good point.

Sig 1911 is 950$$!! I just priced it. That does not include the 60 bucks tax!! You'll never get one for less than 700 not even used.

I've only sold one gun, and that was a Sig 1911 (C3 Revolution). I just did not like the damn thing.

I now have a S&W 1911SC and a S&W 945 and they are da bomb! Picked up the 1911SC in almost new condition for under $700.

IMHO Sig has this bad habit of adopting a standard and then making it non-standard. They try to improve on history and that just does not work well in my experience... at least for them.

Cheers,

Rich

That's a tough one.

My favorite gun to shoot is my CZ452. You can buy the rifle, the scope & rings, and probably 5 bricks of ammo for about $700.

Back
Top Bottom