• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you don't vote like a gun owner, YOU SUCK!

Before you start, it's not my title. :D And although it's pretty obsene at times. It does hit home and make some good points. I came across this while looking for a return address for Dillon.

If you don't vote like a gun owner, YOU SUCK!

By Peter Caroline

According to most estimates, there are between 75 and 80 million adult gun owners in the United States. That's more people than voted in the last presidential election. So why is it, when there are so many gun owners, that we are not the DOMINANT voting bloc in this country? Because most of that 75-80 million are stupid, lazy, hypocritical barfbags. Well, I'd like to say something to that group.

Sure, you drive around in a pickup truck with a gunrack and some hairy-chested bumper stickers, and you talk big at the gun shop or the Legion Hall. But will you shell out 35 bucks and join the NRA? Oh, you don't agree with the NRA's stance on this or that, or the NRA is too soft on something or too unyielding on something else? Or maybe long ago the NRA didn't send you your free cap or bullet key ring on time. Well, you know what? That's a dumb cop-out and you're an a**h***. Whether you like it or not, the NRA is the only...I repeat ONLY, effective representation you have in the cesspool of Washington politics. Even the NRA's worst enemies -- YOUR worst enemies if you have the capacity to think about it -- agree that it's one of the most powerful lobbying forces on Capitol Hill. That means no one else fights your battles for you better, and if you don't understand that simple fact, you're too dumb to exist!

OK, you don't give a damn about the NRA but you still want to keep your guns. So why, in the name of all that is holy, do you vote for "gun-ban" candidates? Oh, you don't? So who does? Maybe it's all those other people who were voting while you were sucking a brewski and watching the game on TV. Or maybe you're a good union guy, and the union votes Democrat.

Some years ago, Mario Cuomo, a dedicated anti-gunner who happened to be governor of New York, described gun owners in a most uncomplimentary fashion. But the most damning thing he said about gun owners is that they don't vote, and therefore should not be considered as a factor in any election. How about that? Mario Cuomo is a liberal Democrat and, as such, is wrong about most everything, but he's absolutely right about you. And I can prove it. If you non-voting gun owners in New York State did get off your asses and vote like gun owners, obscenities like Mario Cuomo couldn't even be elected as dog catcher. The same goes for Charles Schumer; he wasn't bad enough as a congressman from Brooklyn; you dumb schmucks had to let him become a senator! What's next...Hillary?

Then there's my old home state of Massachusetts. Over one million Massachusetts gun owners must be really proud to claim Teddy Kennedy as their senator. And John Kerry, the Kennedy clone, is no better. The entire Massachusetts congressional delegation, both gay and straight, is anti-gun. And you Bay State gun owners are the dildoes that put them in office! Because you sat on your fat asses, you've got Chapter 180 -- aptly named because it turns your gun rights around 180 degrees -- and you've got an attorney general who wants to be governor and thinks every handgun is a faulty consumer product. Once again, Massachusetts gun owners, where were you on Election Day?

Look at every state with asinine, repressive gun laws and a preponderance of anti-gun politicians -- California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland...to cite several horrible examples -- and you will find enough gun owners to form an unbeatable voting bloc, IF they would get their thumbs out of their butts and vote, for a change. Jeez, what a concept!

We all know the excuses: I'm too busy, my vote doesn't count, they're all crooks and it doesn't make any difference, I gave $5 to Quail Unlimited so I don't need to vote, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well, here's the bottom line...your vote does not count if you don't use it. If you don't vote, then effectively you are on the same side as Rosie (I'm-not-a-hypocrite) O'Donnell, Sarah Brady, Bill and Hillary, Al Gore, Teddy Kennedy, Charles Schumer and every other low-life bottom feeder who knows what's best for you. If you don't vote like a gun owner, you are a butt-boy for the anti-gunners, and you bend over forward to please them.

Think about it. 75-80 million gun owners in this country; only 3.6 million NRA members, and who knows how many active pro-gun-voting gun owners. You can argue all you want about your inalienable rights. Rights are like body parts; they only work if you exercise them. And yours are looking pretty flaccid right now. If you don't vote in the next election, your enemies will elect a president who will be able to name three or four new Supreme Court justices. Which means that by the 2004 election, you will have no guns. And shortly after that, you will have no vote and no rights. And you know what? If you let that happen, it will be exactly what you deserve!

Thank you C-Pher.

I've served far more than my share of military duty. People thank me for it, and one of my standard responses is to ask them to vote.

Some folks ask me who they should vote for, I tell them to look at the issues, then vote their mind, not by party.

My issues are defense (my livelyhood), gun rights (my hobby) and motorcycles (my other hobby).

Thank you for posting this... Some real sobering facts in there!
I copied it in an email and sent it off to a bunch of shooter friends that I have, with instructions to forward it along!

Adam

Yea, I figured that the people around here would like to read this. The real thanks should go to the person that wrote this. It's a shame that the local papers wouldn't run and editorial like this.

And just to clarify my post above. I didn't first register to vote when I moved to MA. I registered when I first turned 18. But I mean, one of the first things that I do when I move is Register to Vote.

I know a gun owner in Texas that always votes for the Democrats. Now, they guy's fairly smart, a lawyer, owns at least a Garand and a FAL, but apparently thinks they won't take HIS guns away. Some members here know of him. DABTL.

That derserves a big "Atta boy!" I've been wondering that same thing myself. There used to be 1 million of us in this state, until 180 came along and disqualified a ton of folks. Now we've only got 194,000. So, my question is, where did the rest of the million go? Did they move? Well...there's a major possibility that a bunch of them did, but they didn't all move. Aren't they PO'd that they lost their licenses? Those that haven't done anything - guarenteed they aren't registered to vote, or, they might be, but don't get off their butts to go exercise that right.

I'm going to print that out and pass it along to a few folks that I know. Thanks for posting it C.

Lynne said:
There used to be 1 million of us in this state, until 180 came along and disqualified a ton of folks. Now we've only got 194,000. So, my question is, where did the rest of the million go? Did they move? Well...there's a major possibility that a bunch of them did, but they didn't all move.

You forgot the other choice. Some never bothered to get permitted. If the state didn't know they owned it, how can they tell if they've got it?

Nickle said:
Lynne said:
There used to be 1 million of us in this state, until 180 came along and disqualified a ton of folks. Now we've only got 194,000. So, my question is, where did the rest of the million go? Did they move? Well...there's a major possibility that a bunch of them did, but they didn't all move.

You forgot the other choice. Some never bothered to get permitted. If the state didn't know they owned it, how can they tell if they've got it?

Nickle is "spot on". I run into people all the time that tell me that they still have that old FID "for life" card and when they heard all the hoopla that 180 entailed they "just never bothered" to get a new LTC/FID! Truth be told, the LAW does NOT require them to take a class, etc. BUT MOST chiefs do when upgrading from a simple FID to a LTC and the media made it out to be a huge hassle . . . so they just don't bother!

True, many were/will be disqualified because of youthful indiscretions or DV/OUI charges over the years, but the majority I speak with tell me that they just don't want to go thru the hassle.

So, they are still gun owners . . . now illegal and unlicensed. In MA I can safely say that they never voted for their freedom, but voted for their SS benefits, union positions, etc. and they still vote that way. Almost all these people are useless to our cause, even the majority of gun club members across the state! [Lynne and I have served as Legislative Chairs/GOAL Reps for clubs and know this stuff first hand!]

I'm going to print out to read the OP later, but for those that don't know . . .

Peter Caroline is the NRA Rep for this area. I've met and talked with him a few times at GOAL Annual Meetings.

That's why it was never published in area newspapers! They would never publish something written by NRA and in our favor!!

Nickle said:
I know a gun owner in Texas that always votes for the Democrats. Now, they guy's fairly smart, a lawyer, owns at least a Garand and a FAL, but apparently thinks they won't take HIS guns away. Some members here know of him. DABTL.

Well, not ALL democrats are bad. There has to be some dem's who are pro-gun or vote pro gun. When I lived in Mich we didn't have the greatest pro-gun Rep, BUT he knew damn well if he voted against the NRA his ass wont be re-elected.

We should look at the people and their personal issues and not the party as a whole.

I couldn't agree with you more, Skald.

I referred to the guy from Texas, since he blindly votes for whichever Democrat is running. The opposite is true for some that vote for whichever Republican is running. Neither scenario is smart.

Back
Top Bottom