• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you could run a gun show, what would you do different?

Also they seem to have the market corned on flatulence, I bet its about 60% of the unrepentant gun show cropdusters are above 78. The BO crew though is pretty well distributed by age, though.
And another one of these [rofl2] for the biological digs...

How about only locating shows next to either a strip club or a Chinese buffet so after you realize once again you pissed away the entrance fee on another crappy show you can at least feel like the trip wasn't a complete waste

I was in Houston on business and the convention center had a gun show and a bikini show, one ticket got you into both

Perfect score for best idea in thread...(At least one of these is a viable option with the Marlboro Show... head Rte. 20W...)

perfect-10-score.jpg

And add a proper Adult Diaper disposal in the men's room for those who take the crop-dusting attempt to a whole new level...

Got behind (no pun intended) "That Guy" before in a crowded aisle once in Marlboro...Not sure if he was moving so slow because he was as round as was tall, had the mandatory cane issued to get the handicapped parking, was old as methuselah, or just had dumped a solid heater and didn't want to mash it up...Probably was all of the above...

My gag reflex just kicked in again with the memory...

untitled.png

My idea/only half joking. Hold the gun show on an old oil rig that is its own sovereign nation. Paperwork, pfffft, using paperwork in our country is an insult...
You would then have to deal with import regulations bringing your purchases back to the US.

You could always talk to Sir Michael of Sealand.

This is how I would do things.
The people doing political booths. Be it stop Frau Maura or Vote for Diehl ect. Move them the heck away from the guys selling SS memorabilia. The reenactor in me always loves to see how much those guys are trying to rip people off on that stuff. But that is not an image that would help our efforts politically. After that, I would make a segregated area. So that means the people selling purses, jewelry, crappy Chinese knives and Jerky would be exiled to that area. It would definitely help Maybe streamline what it takes to get into the show. I'd gladly pay a $2-3 service fee to be able to skip the line and just give the doorman a ticket I bought online.

At least back 10-15 years ago, it was common to see a few guys split a single table at a gun show in "free" America. Not so much these days - probably b/c of the internet. Why wait for the next show when you can just list on Armslist or your local gun BB?

But we've had some interesting folks at shows here. Back in the day there was the Crazy Vest Guy. CVG. He did mostly the NH and north-of-Boston shows. He had a concealed carry leather vest and was always slamming his weighted monkey-paws on the table.

Then the guy that ran the big target and holster table on the far left at every show - he had his wife wearing a low-cut top for a few years, then his teenage daughter wearing the same for a few years after that. ?????

Today you've got the belly-holster guy accosting you. LOL It's enough to want to get your LTC or something to defend yourself. ROFL!!!!

The guy I see at a lot of the NH Shows is the fellow my son dubbed "Angry Surplus Guy". Has a shitpile of ammo cans, artillery round tubes, and a few other shitty surplus items. He also has this perma-scowl, as if to say "f***ing surplus, why did I buy it??"

How about only locating shows next to either a strip club or a Chinese buffet so after you realize once again you pissed away the entrance fee on another crappy show you can at least feel like the trip wasn't a complete waste

I was in Houston on business and the convention center had a gun show and a bikini show, one ticket got you into both
Now thats what I call freedom !

If it an item isn't priced it can't be displayed.
$5 admission.
FREE CHILI with extra beans
A loading area to pick up heavy-bulky items.
Jager girls!
FREE stuff. Hats, pens, lanyards, doodads, gizmos, and gadgets...
SHOW SPECIALS something should be on sale!
NO NAZI STUFF!

Don't display stuff that YOU KNOW you can't sell to us Peons, Christers why tease me with things you know I can't have. Like I ask about the Colt's your displaying and you tell me they're for LE only WTF You don't think some LEO is getting a better deal at his local Cop Supplier.

a lot of you guys nailed it with the patrons that have body odor. phew...some folks are pretty gamey. lol... a give away is the greasy hair. you can see it from several feet away and it almost always guarantees ripeness. preppers perhaps? [laugh]

This is how I would do things.
The people doing political booths. Be it stop Frau Maura or Vote for Diehl ect. Move them the heck away from the guys selling SS memorabilia. The reenactor in me always loves to see how much those guys are trying to rip people off on that stuff. But that is not an image that would help our efforts politically. After that, I would make a segregated area. So that means the people selling purses, jewelry, crappy Chinese knives and Jerky would be exiled to that area. It would definitely help Maybe streamline what it takes to get into the show. I'd gladly pay a $2-3 service fee to be able to skip the line and just give the doorman a ticket I bought online.

Line? [rofl]

Its been several years since I've seen a line of any consequence at a new england gun show... as in like, took more than 10 minutes of waiting.....

-Mike

I would make it a rule that if you have to sell something else that isn't AR part or rifles. You can sell AR's, but not JUST AR's.

Price your shit like you really wanted to sell it.

No flea market tables. I'm not going to a gun show to buy a f***ing candle. I can't go to a candle show to buy a gun so stay the f*** away.

I go back to my original suggestion of a discounted / free children’s ticket. Get more youth in to the sport.

I’d also like to see something like a validated entry ticket. If you buy something then you get a credit / refund of your entry ticket

I’d also like to see something like a validated entry ticket If you buy something then you get a credit / refund of your entry ticket
Not going to work, as there is dealer money and promoter money. One of my part-time jobs in high school was as a move in/out helper for local antique shows. The promotor's goal was for the table fees to completely cover the facility rental and for the gate to be pure profit.

I would make it a rule that if you have to sell something else that isn't AR part or rifles. You can sell AR's, but not JUST AR's.

Price your shit like you really wanted to sell it.

No flea market tables. I'm not going to a gun show to buy a f***ing candle. I can't go to a candle show to buy a gun so stay the f*** away.

Exactly. The one thing that's kept me from leaving a gun show with a gun is overpricing. Selling something for more than I seenit in stores isn't going to make a sale. Price it like you want to sell it.

And a better selection of preban pistol mags wouldn't hurt either....just sayin....

Exactly. The one thing that's kept me from leaving a gun show with a gun is overpricing. Selling something for more than I seenit in stores isn't going to make a sale. Price it like you want to sell it.

And a better selection of preban pistol mags wouldn't hurt either....just sayin....

That tactic is exactly what Amazon and WalMart use, their strategy is using the fact that you are in these places so the uninformed impulse purchaser assumes it HAS to be a good deal.

I asked a friend why he was trying to sell used equipment for more than I can buy it for new. He told me he thought there would be an unsophisticated buyer who thinks retail is the going rate for new. The flaw is assuming such a person also peruses used ads for deals.

Gun shows work on the same principle - with thousands here, someone will pay my price.

Lol, that's not happening (at least not up in MA etc) because a bunch of opportunists figured out they could dry rape idiots by flipping the mags, there was a good long window after the AWB expired where things were reasonable, but then after Obamascare II and Sandy Hook, the flippers (and the pack of newbie moron buyers who overpay out of panic and paranoia over MA laws etc) essentially ruined most of that. About the only thing that they can't really f*** up are Beretta, AR, AK, HK91/G3 mags, just because of the abundance of all of these is so much volumetrically that none of the flippers can buy enough to f*** up the market.

In the old days a gun shop would buy a bunch of junkbox glock prebans or whatever, throw the broken ones away, and pad like 10 bucks onto the price and
let it out the door for a reasonable price. That stuff is long gone now, because the flippers just bought all their shit and added another 40+ bucks onto the
price, and apparently, nippleheads are paying it.... [rofl] There was a nice guy on sigforum selling some P228 and P226 mags for decent money (like under 30 bucks a mag!) and I'd bet anything he eventually had flippers sucking him dry. Of course the flippers wouldn't exist without the buyers overpaying, which makes the buyers the Actual Toolbags (TM). (I'm not shitting on free trade here, just retards that overpay for things by 50% or more because they bought into the hype/fraud/etc of the perception of scarcity. ).

To get back to what you're talking about though, this makes it a difficult prop for the gun shops, because of the flippers sucking the market clean, it makes it
difficult to get inventory that can be sold at a non-insane price. If a dealer lists a U-notch cretin mag at $100, you're just going to think the dealer is a flaming
a**h***, even though the thing probably cost him 85 bucks, at this point (because the flippers hold all the mags).

-Mike

One huge problem is some of these dealers are not even within striking distance of the market floor on firearms. Like for example, nobody with a brain should expect to get a commodity handgun at a gun show for the Puds Gun Shop price, however.... The problem rears its ugly head though where "GunShowVendor #65,536" has something like a Smith M&P .40 on display for $150 more than puds sells it for, plus tax... that's a hard pill for people to swallow. Even for the "oh its here now I can buy it and take it home" factor. You might get someone to blow 50, or even 100 bucks to do that, but $150? I wanted to say to some of these dealers... "not sure if serious." after looking at the price tags on some of their stuff.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom