• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If You Could Only Shoot One...

Which Caliber Would You Choose

• .22 lr

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • .38 sp

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 9 mm

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • .45 acp

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • .357 magnum

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • .32 acp

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • other

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
I squat when I pee. Is there a problem with that? [grin]

Seriously- 9mm, extremely cheap, fun and easy to shoot. Effective as defense round as I'm quite sure a lot of accurately placed holes are effective at stopping threats. [wink]

Nickle said:
I also am a better shot with an M9 than a 1911A1. I don't recommend getting into a gun fight with me, when I'm armed with an M9 or equivalent.

Why would I want to get into a gun fight with you? I don't have so many friends I can afford to lose any (even if I win, I'd lose)!!!

Nickle said:
Now, who was it that was looking for a small 9 for CCW?
Hey, have you ever seen the killer Shih-tzu my boss has running around the shop???

OK, seriously, carry on my belt is just not an option. I never know when I'm going to be climbing ladders and pulling cable, or down on my side leaning under something looking at outlets, or even finding a phone system. (some of the places our customers stick these things are not to be believed.)

Under those circumstances, I just can't keep something on the belt or in an IWB hidden... and I may well have to be lying on it at times. A pocket pistol is the only thing that will work for me. Right now, I'm using my Airweight with +Ps in it, but that's only 5 shots, and not real fast to reload. I'd rather have a magazine fed beast of some sort, and the Kahr seems to fit the bill.

Of course, if it takes me much longer to sell my Walther, Para will have time to get their new 9MM Warthog-sized semi with the alloy frame and LDA trigger approved in MA before I can afford the new beast...

dwarven1 said:
OK, seriously, carry on my belt is just not an option. I never know when I'm going to be climbing ladders and pulling cable, or down on my side leaning under something looking at outlets, or even finding a phone system. (some of the places our customers stick these things are not to be believed.)

Under those circumstances, I just can't keep something on the belt ...

You just need a deeper belt!

Taurus_Super_Yankee_Split_Leg_Tool_Belt.jpg

Anyone ever hear of these?
http://www.smartcarry.com/

Coyote33 said:
Anyone ever hear of these?
http://www.smartcarry.com/
Yup. I own one.

You ever try carrying in one of those when you have to kneel a lot? Phone tech, remember? I need to get down on my knees lots of times to get at cables, jacks, etc... and it's not easy to do when you've got a 1911 sticking into your groin. (and I still don't want to carry a 1911 in condition 1 right next to my Johnson, thank you very much. An LDA would be something else, but there's still the mobility issue - if I get another desk job, that would be different.)

Ross, I carried my M9 at the BMW MOA National (one day anyways), with 9,000 in attendance. It was in an Alessi IWB Holster and I wore an unbuttoned short sleeved shirt. I got a "professional" opinion of how well it was concealed from a friend that's a retired LEO (LT, M/cycle cop, Colonie, NY). If I hadn't showed him where it was, he wouldn't have known it was there.

Now, for those that don't know, an M9 isn't a small gun, it's a MILSPEC 92FS Beretta. Not huge, but a modest challenge to fully hide.

Nickle said:
Ross, I carried my M9 at the BMW MOA National (one day anyways), with 9,000 in attendance.
And did you pull any cable while you were there, Rog? [wink] If I'd gotten the time off, I'd have had my .45 under a Hawaiian shirt, myself.

It's when I'm working that it's tough for me to carry.

Whereas I'm a fan of the 45ACP, I've often thought what it would be like it out of a conventional bolt action or single shot rifle.........Ya know, for range and accuracy. That speculation I suppose we could save for another thought provoking thread.

If you come to the October Pumpkin Shoot, you can find out. It ain't 'conventioonal. but it is a rifle.

tommy2.jpg

derek said:
It was a joke people. Lighten up... [wink]
OK.

When you tell Beretta92D, make sure I find out too.

Or are you referring to my kidding Nickle about his M9? [thinking] Or my grousing that I can't really carry when I work?

If the former, I'll start using more smilies. If the latter... well... Anyone need a telecom manager/admin with a bunch of Nortel experience? [smile] [smile]

dwarven1 said:

Under those circumstances, I just can't keep something on the belt or in an IWB hidden... and I may well have to be lying on it at times. A pocket pistol is the only thing that will work for me. Right now, I'm using my Airweight with +Ps in it, but that's only 5 shots, and not real fast to reload. I'd rather have a magazine fed beast of some sort, and the Kahr seems to fit the bill.

Of course, if it takes me much longer to sell my Walther, Para will have time to get their new 9MM Warthog-sized semi with the alloy frame and LDA trigger approved in MA before I can afford the new beast...

Colt Officer's model is the answer. The best pocket carry around.

DSC_1098a.jpg

TBP

I didn't know there was even a poll until this post just above this one. There is also no .44 Mag option. I guess .357 will have to do. It fits a pistol, rifle, and can be used for defense, plinking, target, competition, hunting, and wilderness survival (though might take several rifle shots in some cases!).

Back
Top Bottom