• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If You Could Only Shoot One...

Which Caliber Would You Choose

• .22 lr

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • .38 sp

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 9 mm

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • .45 acp

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • .357 magnum

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • .32 acp

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • other

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
Stealing idea about gunsmithing books.

If you could only shoot one caliber for the rest of your life, which would you choose, and why?

(eta- I ran out of options otherwise I would have listed more calibers instead of "other")

Last edited:
That's a tough one...

I don't think I could simply drop rifle or pistol all together. If I could choose 1 rifle and 1 pistol caliber, that would make it easy. I would take 40S&W for pistol, and 308 for rifle.

If I had to drop one or the other I would still stick with the caliber I have put.

Like Adam, I'd not want to drop pistol or rifle. Pistol would be the inimitable .45 (1911) and rifle the .223 (pre-ban CAR=15)

.45 ACP 'cause it's just so darn much fun... and I have three pistols chambered for it. [smile] I'd have to get a .45 carbine of some kind, though, for hunting.

If I could keep one pistol and one rifle, .45 & 30-06. I love Betsy, my M1. She's just so much fun to shoot.

No way... Too Hard.

I want my .40, .45, .480, .454, .475, .500, and then everything from .375 H&H on up. (Ok, I could survive if I had to stop at 20mm) Oh and toss in some .308 for plinking.

BUT.... If TSHTF and I was looking to consolodate to a nice standard round, I'd have to go .45 ACP and .308 only due to availability. I'd probablty stick away a .357 revolver too just because as the previous dry up, I'd still have a fairly popular round.

Oh hell with it...

I WANT IT ALL... I WANT IT ALL.... I WANT IT ALL.... AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

If I couldn't have a pistol AND a rifle cartridge, I'd go for either a .44 mag or a 45-70. f I could have 1 of each, it would be .357 mag and .338 Lapua.

.45acp

It works here:
1911sc2.jpg

and here:
tommy2.jpg

Chris said:
I WANT IT ALL... I WANT IT ALL.... I WANT IT ALL.... AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!

OK Veruca [laugh]

I know it's difficult. And it does make you have to choose (for the most part) between pistol and rifle. Somehow I expected everyone to choose .45 acp so I'm surprised that there are a few other calibers getting votes.

I'm prone to the .45, but am currently deficient there. I love my pocket 9mm, regardless of the gender inequality attributed to the caliber (which I carried for many years before anyone heard of .40)

I also like my archaic, but very efficient 45LC for revolver/rifle.

RJ

Ohhhhhhhhhh, question SR! Can we have reloading presses as well? If that's the case I'll go for .45-70! Barn burning 500+ grain loads for the rifle, sub 350 grain loads for the revolver!

Nashmack said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh, question SR! Can we have reloading presses as well? If that's the case I'll go for .45-70! Barn burning 500+ grain loads for the rifle, sub 350 grain loads for the revolver!
You can have whatever you want, as long as it's only ONE caliber, forever and ever and ever.

Interesting to see what people have to say about it!

SiameseRat said:
come on- doesn't ANYONE want to vote for .22? [rofl]

Maybe if you lived in a completely safe society, that required NO protection, and NO hunting because animal herds thinned themselves out...

Oh wait! Isn't that DC?[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom