If you could control all gun laws and legislation. How would you run things?

All these long winded responses.

2A. That's it.

Unless you shoot somebody, you can own anything and carry anywhere. Including bars, planes, and Costco.

On planes? Seriously? Maybe only private planes. After DB Cooper and 9/11 we should know how that always ends. Unless we also keep like 10 armed guards tax payer funded on the plane. Which seems unecessary.

On planes? Seriously? Maybe only private planes. After DB Cooper and 9/11 we should know how that always ends. Unless we also keep like 10 armed guards tax payer funded on the plane. Which seems unecessary.

Are you serious? Terrorists perpetrated 9/11 using box cutters. Not guns. If anything, we should move towards allowing concealed carry on planes considering how many states have moved towards "shall issue" licensing and constitutional carry since 2001.

I want to elaborate a bit. Because I worded things wrong. This was more of a "If you are controlling things, what are you going to change to appease everyone". I made my list with the intent to compromise things and make a system everyone can agree upon. Which is impossible in fairness.

But I would like to add, Mike had the most sensible idea imo. And it's what I agree with whole heartedly. I think those mentally ill or criminals should be banned and everyone else should have what was meant to be instilled in the bill of rights. Weather it be a tank or a machine gun.

As for the media's 1st being infringed. The 1st can be bent. I can't say the N word on the news, anchors can't say anti semetic rhetoric. We have no free speech. don't forget that. If your free speech causes harm to others. It's not free speech. and quite frankly, glorifying killer manifestos on the morning news right after spongebob cartoons is not the way to run things. I stand by that.

You don't understand the concept of the First Amendment. There's no laws preventing you from using racial epithets publicly. Sure, there will be consequences, but those consequences will come from you becoming a social pariah.

The text of the Constitution should be our guiding light and not bent to suite the whims of those in power.

Airlines can regulate guns as they see fit, not a 2A issue. Long as .gov not involved. You're creating issues that don't exist. Not having shitty gun laws doesn't limit property rights.

-Mike

I think those mentally ill or criminals should be banned and everyone else should have what was meant to be instilled in the bill of rights. Weather it be a tank or a machine gun.

But if someone goes to prison, they're supposed to have "paid their dues to society" and have their rights restored as a free American, right? If they're so scary that they can't have their rights as a citizen, should they be out and about? And where do you draw the line? A lot of people are criminals, doesn't mean that they stabbed or shot someone,e we've seen on here in articles the BS that makes someone a PP

In a world where everyone is supposed to be "equal".
The Gun is the great "Equalizer"...

I even think crazies and lunatics should have the right to a firearm. They'll never make it past the age of 16...

Gun laws erased. All of them.

Murder, robbery, threatening are illegal anyway. Doesn’t matter if it’s a gun or a shoe.

All citizens have the right to own a gun for self defense. All.
Criminals too. Hookers should be able to defend themselves from an abusive John or pimp. Drug buyers should be able to protect the self from other scum bags. If someone is that much of a threat, execute them instead of releasing them.

You want some restrictions? Fine. Permit required for any weapon not classified as offensive or defensive. Sporting arms may be regulated, full auto may not be infringed. (And I like Fudd guns more than EBRs)

How? Im literally advocating machine guns to anyone. You are advocating for Jeffery Dahmer and MS-13 members buying tommy guns from vending machines. I am far far right. But you gotta be realistic. I agree with Mike.

I know you likely mean well, but you might want to think through some of your ideas.
The problem with mandatory mental health screenings is, who is doing the screening? The medical and mental heath professions have always been anti. If you allow the AMA to declare people unfit, you will see an increase in numbers of people with mental issues that you would never have imagined.

Federal registration is a horrible idea and the first necessary step towards confiscation.
Mandatory firearms training doesn't fly with me. There are a ton of people in this world that will never be comfortable with firearms. Don't force them to try. Make it an elective if you want.

There really is no reason for licensing at all. The Constitution pretty much covers it. It is just a way for a state to generate revenue while pushing a political agenda. And PP doesn't fly with me either. If a man commits a crime and serves his sentence, shouldn't he be able to protect his life and the lives of his family members? It's a basic human right.
If he is a danger to society, wtf did you let him out of prison for in the first place?

If the 1st hurts the 2nd. Im willing to bend it. Its common sense that glorifying murder to our youth is not ok. f*** the alt left media.
I reflexively nut-punch people who propose common-sense gun laws. You do realize that's a Democrat talking point, right?

And for the second time in two days:
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 10.21.05 PM.png

Highly advised you save your next post for your 30th birthday.
Seven years lurking on NES would do you good.

I know you likely mean well, but you might want to think through some of your ideas.
The problem with mandatory mental health screenings is, who is doing the screening? The medical and mental heath professions have always been anti. If you allow the AMA to declare people unfit, you will see an increase in numbers of people with mental issues that you would never have imagined.

Federal registration is a horrible idea and the first necessary step towards confiscation.
Mandatory firearms training doesn't fly with me. There are a ton of people in this world that will never be comfortable with firearms. Don't force them to try. Make it an elective if you want.

There really is no reason for licensing at all. The Constitution pretty much covers it. It is just a way for a state to generate revenue while pushing a political agenda. And PP doesn't fly with me either. If a man commits a crime and serves his sentence, shouldn't he be able to protect his life and the lives of his family members? It's a basic human right.
If he is a danger to society, wtf did you let him out of prison for in the first place?

Yeah, this is pretty true. You're right. I guess I didn't think many on the list through. Thank you for being nice and explaining it. God bless all of you :)

You don't understand the concept of the First Amendment. There's no laws preventing you from using racial epithets publicly. Sure, there will be consequences, but those consequences will come from you becoming a social pariah.

The text of the Constitution should be our guiding light and not bent to suite the whims of those in power.

That's not true, they will arrest you on grounds of a hate crime if you say anything racist or anti-semitic hate speech. They really bend the rules of 1st amendment all the time if it digs into something that effects other people. I think in a realistic world i'd allow anything to be said under free speech but it's already not how it works.

I just think them pushing the manifestos and killer's idealogies to the world. It gives the killer some big motive to do it. I know it's hard without infringing on freedoms of the press. But I think the ends justify the means to make it so they can't report on it. They can in their personal time on their own personal timelines or video blogs. But on national syndicated TV. I don't agree with it. It's clear that it drives killers to do what they do.

Let us not forget that Trump is completely against most forms of syndicated media. Fake news is a huge chunk of his campaign. Because he is completely against their ability to manipulate and brainwash the American people. News outlets are run by liberal alt left hollywood pedophiles and they push this bullshit rhetoric of anti gun, pro pedophilia into our youth's brains. I don't think that equates to one person saying one thing. Free speech was instituted to allow the people the right to speak their minds. But when you got an entire network of enemies of the state conspiring to push legislation that infringes on our other amendments. I think it's essential we limit that ability to polute the American people. Just think of how many alt left antifa demonstrators are the way they are because the entire media network told them for years that Trump was a racist, homophobic pig. It's just mind washing propoganda rhetoric. It's not designed for any other purpose then to steer beliefs and ruin the country.

Hey, at least you are thinking! I will be the first to admit, I didn't always understand "common sense" gun rights.

Yeah, I think I have gotten so used to the system in place that I can't even think of the government not controlling us anymore. A world of sorts is so taboo that I can't even imagine it anymore. It's kinda sad in a way. But after listening to many of the replies. I realize their is no need to change laws if the laws don't exist. And my initial list was still too much government interference. I guess I was just trying to split it up the middle and make the left happy like a politician. But f*** the left. They should have never been implemented to begin with. Guns are not a privilege, they are a right. Not for those who are approved by a higher entity but just of the people by the people. It's the only amendment that protects all others. Yet it's the only one riddled with authoritarian systems in place that limit law abiding adults from using it and abiding by it.

I apologize for the rushed list. I was on my way to a wake when I wrote it and I do agree that many of them are senseless.

Lol compromise? Why the f*** would you need that if you controlled everything?

Erase them all.

Then just say "Killing people not allowed unless self defense, home invasion, arson, or thieves. Don't fire guns in the air or late at night unless you live in the middle of nowhere. Don't collect a shitload of explosives where it would kill your neighbors if it went off" No age limits other than minors under 18 must have guns (if any) provided by parent or legal guardian.

Additionally- no more prohibited person bullshit. Gone. Completely. If you're too dangerous to own a gun wether by criminal act or state of mental health being poor, you sit in jail or are institutionalized as appropriate.

The end.

-Mike

I like Germany's law (from what I heard) - no one can be charged with a crime for injuring someone committing a crime. So if you're robbing someone's house, you have no rights.

But when you got an entire network of enemies of the state conspiring to push legislation that infringes on our other amendments. I think it's essential we limit that ability to polute the American people. Just think of how many alt left antifa demonstrators are the way they are because the entire media network told them for years that Trump was a racist, homophobic pig. It's just mind washing propoganda rhetoric. It's not designed for any other purpose then to steer beliefs and ruin the country.

Why is it better to have the government steering beliefs? Because without a free press, that's what you get.

And "we" need to "limit that ability to polute [sic] the American people?" What happens once Mr Orange is out of office and President Buttigieg and his supporters are the new "we?"

No thank you. Our Founders knew exactly what the hell they were doing when they conceived of 1A, and I'll trust them over you every time. Thank God CONUS is safe from the whims of idealogues, whichever side of the spectrum they're on.

Again. Stop digging. Lurk and learn.

Why is it better to have the government steering beliefs? Because without a free press, that's what you get.

And "we" need to "limit that ability to polute [sic] the American people?" What happens once Mr Orange is out of office and President Buttigieg and his supporters are the new "we?"

No thank you. Our Founders knew exactly what the hell they were doing when they conceived of 1A, and I'll trust them over you every time. Thank God CONUS is safe from the whims of idealogues, whichever side of the spectrum they're on.

Again. Stop digging. Lurk and learn.

Ironically one thing he's forgotten is Trump has used 1A to great success. If people are not allowed to openly
shit on media sources, etc, or thought is constrained, peril will result. I don't like MSM bullshit either but the idea of .gov regulating media to that degree is an invitation to tyranny.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom