If you could control all gun laws and legislation. How would you run things?

Hello everyone :)

The question is one many of us dream of. And it's the ability to bend the gun restrictions and laws at a whim and make America the pro 2nd country it's supposed to be again. But it might not be so simple as many would think. And a lot of compromise is needed to fairly decide things. But if you could just bend or change all the gun laws that are in place right now. What would your idea country look like in terms of gun laws? Would any laws be in place? How would the vetting proccess be run?

Here are some of the notable changes i'd make.

1. All states operate under the same gun legislation. Either something is allowed in all 50 states or it isn't No more of this state level bullshit where some states are allowing democracy and some aren't. Their will be a universal gun protocol. A set of things allowed and not allowed. It will be what is applied to every state, every city and ever jurisdiction. Don't like it, secede.

2. No more machine gun license. Machine gun licenses will be renamed into LTC-A+ and no application process will be had. Rather an upgrade system. It has always been silly to pretend machine guns are somehow not a gun that the people should have the right to own. And it is the core building block of the 2nd amendment to begin with. It is what keeps us from being a tyranny. We cannot supersede this liberty. If our boys overseas are dying with that gun on their back at 16. They better have the right to protect their own interests when they get back home with said gun. So instead we will have an LTC-A+, sounds complicated but I think it's simple. Just think of it as a machine gun license that you get from being a long term card holder and not just from f***ing the sheriff's daughter.

The LTC-A+ is aquired after a citizen lawfully holds their LTC-A for the 6 years without a mishap proving they are safe and sensible enough for the upgrade. It can also be obtained by any veteran who was in armed combat. They will not need to wait the 6 years. Once it upgrades to a LTC-A+. It's the same as a machine gun license. Those who already have a Machine Gun license will simply be changed into a LTC-A+ via mail or local police station. Those who have had a LTC-A already will only have to wait the amount of years remaining for the LTC-A to expire to upgrade. (Mental Health analysis may apply). This rule will supersede every other rule.

3. All guns made prior to 1979 weather full auto or not will be classified under curio and relic. Allowing a curio and relic card holder to obtain one. Even if it is a machine gun.

4. No more mag caps

5. No more barrel length restrictions.

6. Bump Stocks will remain illegal until you obtain an LTC-A+ then they are legal again. For a regular LTC-A. They will remain illegal.

7. No assault weapons, rifles or shotguns are allowed to be open carried inside of a public dwelling. None are to be carried into shopping areas, malls, private property, store fronts or in parks and government buildings. Every state is an open carry state, However we do not need anyone bringing an assualt rifle into trader Joes. It's just the sign of a man with a little willy. Store Owners are allowed to dispar you from carrying on their premises. (This part is the compromise part)

8. Fundamental Gun Course 101 will be taught in all elementary schools accross America with a AP Gun 2 being taught into middle school and high school to prepare children for handling a weapon and being safe with one.

9. You cannot take away someone's right to keep and bear arms over non violent or non gun related offenses. For example trespassing, speeding, wreckless endangerment, marijuana possession, firework possession. However violent offenses like rape, assault or domestic violence will be grounds to consider revoking one's rights. DUI or any other non violent or non gun related offense. No more of people losing their rights to carry because they were drunk driving or because they got caught with some pot.

10. No more local police deciding weather or not a card holder get's their license. If they pass the universal background check and mental health check. They get the license.

11. All applicants for any firearm license will go through a mandatory mental health check, and federal and local and national background check. This is not negotiable and applies to everyone. Current card holders must go for mental health check ups every 2 years. This involves a councilor accessing your mental health professionally. No mentally ill people or criminal should carry firearms. We can all agree to this. (Mental healthy check does not include non violent social disorders like Anxiety, Bipolar disorder, autism or things like OCD or hypertension disorders. But does include mental problems such as scitzophrenia, mental retardation, or split personality disorder)

12. You are required to register all your firearms with the federal database. This is only to locate and ease law enforcement in finding armed perps based on gun serial number and trace any weapon back to it's owner faster. (Use the same discression you do now)

13. Mass Shootings or Terrorism involving firearms or lethal weapons will result in death penalty. The perpetrator will be hung within 5 days. No trial, no proccess. Evidence will be submitted via security camera or eye witness. The killer we be taken and hung. No 2 years of tax payer dime feeding them. quick and fast.

14. Mass Shooters and their manifestos are no longer allowed to be shown or discussed on national news. To deter the motive of fame or popularity of their idealogies being spread. News will be allowed to report that the shooting has accured, and how many victims. The state and the area. But not the general city, not the location and not the killer or victim's names. To keep the motive of fame away.

This is about all I think needs to be changed. I think if the country was operated like this, It'd be a safer, happier and more free place for not only gun owners but advocates of gun legislation and safety protocol. I think we are gifted back some of the liberties that were taken but also compromise and go for the obvious and that is that all applicants and current card holders go for mental health screenings, and background checks on the national level.

What rules would you impliment or change? Would you leave it all alone?

Last edited:
Lol compromise? Why the f*** would you need that if you controlled everything?

Erase them all.

Then just say "Killing people not allowed unless self defense, home invasion, arson, or thieves. Don't fire guns in the air or late at night unless you live in the middle of nowhere. Don't collect a shitload of explosives where it would kill your neighbors if it went off" No age limits other than minors under 18 must have guns (if any) provided by parent or legal guardian.

Additionally- no more prohibited person bullshit. Gone. Completely. If you're too dangerous to own a gun wether by criminal act or state of mental health being poor, you sit in jail or are institutionalized as appropriate.

The end.

-Mike

[popcorn][popcorn][popcorn]

Re-write the Second Amendment so some shitbird judge can't twist the logic
Repeal the NFA
Repeal the GCA of 68
Mandatory ownership of M134's.
M72 ownership and use allowed for aholes who double park in Boston arteries at 5PM on a weekday, but think it's OK to do it when their flashers are on.
Summary execution for any pol and sterilization of their immediate family out to 3rd cousins who start any sentence with "I support the Second Amendment....but...."
Shock collars required for all pols and 10000 volts to the jimmies every time they say or think 'commonsense gun reform'
Civilian ownership up to and including Nimitz class aircraft carriers

How about don't write laws that you wouldn't want your worst enemy in charge of enforcing? How about the less government involvement in our lives, the better?

I'd declare every single existing gun law null and void, no exceptions and prohibit any future gun laws from ever being passed.

And for those who think that would include 2A, it wouldn't because its not a gun law, its a directive to the federal government to keep their nose out of the citizen's right to keep amd bear arms.

Hello everyone :)

The question is one many of us dream of. And it's the ability to bend the gun restrictions and laws at a whim and make America the pro 2nd country it's supposed to be again. But it might not be so simple as many would think. And a lot of compromise is needed to fairly decide things. But if you could just bend or change all the gun laws that are in place right now. What would your idea country look like in terms of gun laws? Would any laws be in place? How would the vetting proccess be run?

Here are some of the notable changes i'd make.

1. All states operate under the same gun legislation. Either something is allowed in all 50 states or it isn't No more of this state level bullshit where some states are allowing democracy and some aren't. Their will be a universal gun protocol. A set of things allowed and not allowed. It will be what is applied to every state, every city and ever jurisdiction. Don't like it, secede.

no. states rights. Texas doesn't want to be MA or CA and they shouldn't have to be.

6. Bump Stocks will remain illegal until you obtain an LTC-A+ then they are legal again. For a regular LTC-A. They will remain illegal.

no. eat shit. No to LTC A+.....Yes to "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

There is no need for any gun law beyond those words.

7. No assault weapons, rifles or shotguns are allowed to be open carried inside of a public dwelling. None are to be carried into shopping areas, malls, private property, store fronts or in parks and government buildings. Every state is an open carry state, However we do not need anyone bringing an assualt rifle into trader Joes. It's just the sign of a man with a little willy. Store Owners are allowed to dispar you from carrying on their premises. (This part is the compromise part)
no.

10. No more local police deciding weather or not a card holder get's their license. If they pass the universal background check and mental health check. They get the license.

no. get rid of background checks and mental health bs. anything from a simple revolver to a full auto AK should be available to buy at the local Ace Hardware.

11. All applicants for any firearm license will go through a mandatory mental health check, and federal and local and national background check. This is not negotiable and applies to everyone. Current card holders must go for mental health check ups every 2 years. This involves a councilor accessing your mental health professionally. No mentally ill people or criminal should carry firearms. We can all agree to this. (Mental healthy check does not include non violent social disorders like Anxiety, Bipolar disorder, autism or things like OCD or hypertension disorders. But does include mental problems such as scitzophrenia, mental retardation, or split personality disorder)

how about no? How about my medical history is none of the government's business? How about I know kids with Down's who are smarter than some 'normal' adults I know?

12. You are required to register all your firearms with the federal database. This is only to locate and ease law enforcement in finding armed perps based on gun serial number and trace any weapon back to it's owner faster. (Use the same discression you do now)
no. how about eat shit instead?

13. Mass Shootings or Terrorism involving firearms or lethal weapons will result in death penalty. The perpetrator will be hung within 5 days. No trial, no proccess. Evidence will be submitted via security camera or eye witness. The killer we be taken and hung. No 2 years of tax payer dime feeding them. quick and fast.

Fine, murder should already carry the death penalty anyway.

14. Mass Shooters and their manifestos are no longer allowed to be shown or discussed on national news. To deter the motive of fame or popularity of their idealogies being spread. News will be allowed to report that the shooting has accured, and how many victims. The state and the area. But not the general city, not the location and not the killer or victim's names. To keep the motive of fame away.

How about we don't repeal the first amendment?

If the 1st hurts the 2nd. Im willing to bend it. Its common sense that glorifying murder to our youth is not ok. f*** the alt left media.

Again. Neg reps.

A man who can only speak with the government’s permission is not able to speak. Sorry you don’t like it. Free speech is at least as important as 2A. Possibly more.

You should quit digging, muchacho.

the list is BS.

If you read through your list you can tell that by #2 you are an anti.

The second amendment is the license or what you refer to as an LTC Class A+

No registration. Sounds like Mora all over again.

And what happened to due process of law in #13? Everyone is entitled to a trial and to be heard by a jury of one's peers. You just want to eviscerate the BOR.

If someone commits a crime then prosecute that person and stop infringing on the rights of all those who haven't committed a crime.

The only part I agree with you on is the execution but the execution of the convicted should be televised in HD and very detailed. Every grunt and groan and even their evacuation of their faculties. The toss their soiled remains into an unlined hole to be buried with no honor. Televise the whole thing. Then eliminate all records of that person's life from our history and make it a crime to ever mention their name. There will be no hero to worship by other sickos.

Show anyone else what will happen if they run down that path.

Last edited:
Are you a violent criminal in jail? You can't own a gun. Are you an American citizen? Buy whatever the eff you can afford. Carry where you want, like Mass it's non-binding btu you can ask people to leave. BUT if they decide to not carry and are injured do to your sign, you're liable /story

I want to elaborate a bit. Because I worded things wrong. This was more of a "If you are controlling things, what are you going to change to appease everyone". I made my list with the intent to compromise things and make a system everyone can agree upon. Which is impossible in fairness.

But I would like to add, Mike had the most sensible idea imo. And it's what I agree with whole heartedly. I think those mentally ill or criminals should be banned and everyone else should have what was meant to be instilled in the bill of rights. Weather it be a tank or a machine gun.

As for the media's 1st being infringed. The 1st can be bent. I can't say the N word on the news, anchors can't say anti semetic rhetoric. We have no free speech. don't forget that. If your free speech causes harm to others. It's not free speech. and quite frankly, glorifying killer manifestos on the morning news right after spongebob cartoons is not the way to run things. I stand by that.

Back
Top Bottom