• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If this is true, its not good

That doesn't make any sense at all. There are estimates of 60 to 80 million guns in the U.S. and if they tried to confiscate them all (oh, except those held by the criminals of course) there'd be a second revolution.

The "estimates" are actually WAY higher than that. I have read that the estimate of firearms in the US is on the order of 220 million - or more.

NRAILA says in 1999 it was 258 million privately owned firearms.
http://www.nraila.org/issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=126

The Brady Campaign estimates 192 million:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/factsheets/pdf/firearm_facts.pdf

Take an average and maybe you get the real number. Either way I don't see anybody talking about all the firearms that nobody talks about. Battlefield take homes and lie quietly in attics and get passed down generation to generation, etc.

If your friend has some access to these Obama people he ought to suggest to them when they are done researching how Australia made it's gun confiscation program work - that they read some American history as further research. Tell them to start with April 19 1775.

If your friend has some access to these Obama people he ought to suggest to them when they are done researching how Australia made it's gun confiscation program work - that they read some American history as further research. Tell them to start with April 19 1775.

Understood [smile][smile]

Its a Delima

So. For those of us who took an OATH to protect the Constitiution of the United States when recieving our upon Enlistment in the Military and again upon reciving our Commisions.

We would have to live up to Protecting the Second Amendment rights against Agressors both Forgian and Domestic.

I think I need to Think a bit upon this

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Now, I wouldn't ever do this because personally, I think all you gun nuts are just crazy and need to grow up, get lives and stop spending money on those stupid things, BUT...

I'm sure there are plenty of people with an extra AR lower (stripped of course) lying around in their safe and an extra upper or two with no attendant paperwork which would fit well on the lower but, as of yet, has not been pinned together and thus become a rifle. Of course, as law abiding citizens you'll all "register" the rifle as soon as you can decide which upper to mount but...till then, let it rest in the quiet dark of your safe.

Lesson learned

Excerpt from http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15304

Since Australia banned private ownership of most guns in 1996, crime has risen dramatically on that continent, prompting critics of U.S. gun control efforts to issue new warnings of what life in America could be like if Congress ever bans firearms.

After Australian lawmakers passed widespread gun bans, owners were forced to surrender about 650,000 weapons, which were later slated for destruction, according to statistics from the Australian Sporting Shooters Association.

The bans were not limited to so-called "assault" weapons or military-type firearms, but also to .22 rifles and shotguns. The effort cost the Australian government about $500 million, said association representative Keith Tidswell.

Though lawmakers responsible for passing the ban promised a safer country, the nation's crime statistics tell a different story:

* Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;

* Assaults are up 8.6 percent;

* Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;

* In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent;

* In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily;

* There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

I just heard from a very good friend of mine who is very savvy to the gun laws and a 2nd Amendment buff as well.

He told me that obama already has some of his people over in Australia to find out how they implemented their gun confiscation program and how they made it run so smoothly.

I guess if this topic has come up here I must have missed it. If this is true it could mean if elected may be one of his agendas. I know obama is not a friend to the gun owner by any means and I know he will do what he can to take away our rights but I guess I never entertained the thought of him heading up a gun confiscation program here in the US.

what do you guys think? Have you heard this rumor?

Are there facts to back this up, or just anothe rinternet rumor?

Rumor or not. It is largely irrelevant as it seems extremely plausible. I fear that it is pretty much a done deal that he will be president. In all likelyhood he will probably win in a landslide. He will have the house. He will have the senate. maybe picking up a few more seats in each in the process. He will have a 4-1-4 supreme court. And he will feel as though he has a mandate from the people to do whatever he wants to.

There is sure to be some sort of bad situation that the press will go nuts 24*7 about. At that point he may have the critical mass to push through all manner of "closing the loop hole measures". I forsee:
The assault rifle loop hole.
Basically all semi rifles and shotguns
The saturday night special loop hole.
Any handgun less then (arbitrary 1k?)
The 50 caliber loop hole.
Anything over 1/2" (no provision for shotguns here)
The armor piercing ammunition loop hole.
Any round capable of penetrating more than a sheet of paper
the Sniper gun loop hole.
Any gun able to fire armor piercing ammo at extreme ranges (100+ yards)
The gun show loop hole.
All private (non dealer) sales.
The arsenal loop hole.
More than 1 rifle, shot gun or pistol. More than x ammo

The mantra of nobody needs a (fill in the blank) to shoot (fill in the blank)
We are not trying to take anybody's guns away! This is just common sense reasonable closing of very specific loop holes..

The fact that this guy with no experience on the verge of being the POTUS and C in C, should tell all of us we are not in Kansas anymore.
The annointing of the ObamaMessiah is just about here..

Last edited:
That doesn't make any sense at all. There are estimates of 60 to 80 million guns in the U.S. and if they tried to confiscate them all (oh, except those held by the criminals of course) there'd be a second revolution.

Try 60-80 million gun owners

Excerpt from http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15304

After Australian lawmakers passed widespread gun bans, owners were forced to surrender about 650,000 weapons, which were later slated for destruction, according to statistics from the Australian Sporting Shooters Association.

This is probably the biggest reason they wont try it. With estimates around 200 million, it would be easier to find and deport all the illegals than the guns.

Can you imagine running for President on an agenda that would make +25% of the population criminals?[rolleyes]

This is probably the biggest reason they wont try it. With estimates around 200 million, it would be easier to find and deport all the illegals than the guns.

Can you imagine running for President on an agenda that would make +25% of the population criminals?[rolleyes]

This in a lot of respect, and with tin foil at firmly on, is EXACTLY the reason TO do it. It is all abput power and control.

Most will just go along and follow the laws, give up their guns as the hurdles and expenses be come too onerous.

Some others, will give up most of their guns, maybe keep one, secretly and become de facto criminals.

The Elite, will keep everything they have and get what every they want, they have enough money as to be untouchable.

Divide and conquer, at some point it will become a class thing. "those that arent paying their fair share and criminals have guns. It's time we get rid of this archaic second ammendment thing, it is a relic of the past. It was badly written and was only meant to protect the armed forces of the US anyway".

It ultimately gives the Govt more power and more control..

This in a lot of respect, and with tin foil at firmly on, is EXACTLY the reason TO do it. It is all abput power and control.

Most will just go along and follow the laws, give up their guns as the hurdles and expenses be come too onerous.

Some others, will give up most of their guns, maybe keep one, secretly and become de facto criminals.

The Elite, will keep everything they have and get what every they want, they have enough money as to be untouchable.

Divide and conquer, at some point it will become a class thing. "those that arent paying their fair share and criminals have guns. It's time we get rid of this archaic second ammendment thing, it is a relic of the past. It was badly written and was only meant to protect the armed forces of the US anyway".

Yes.

I wonder if something like you detail might come to pass in this country - I think if it did however, you would see some states seceding and going off on their own.

I'll give mine back-- Bullets first.
That's the way to do it. One at a time...

I wonder if something like you detail might come to pass in this country - I think if it did however, you would see some states seceding and going off on their own.
Depending on how he does it, I think you'd see anything from 60-80 million gun owners turning into aobut 45-50 million sheep and turning in their guns. If he tries it too heavy-handedly (and why are we annointing him C in Ci already???), assuming that he does win the election, we might very well see a lot of small uprisings. I doubt we'd see a big one, but whoever gets tasked to steal the guns from the citizens probably won't be able to get much in the way of life insurance.

Depending on how he does it, I think you'd see anything from 60-80 million gun owners turning into aobut 45-50 million sheep and turning in their guns. If he tries it too heavy-handedly (and why are we annointing him C in Ci already???), assuming that he does win the election, we might very well see a lot of small uprisings. I doubt we'd see a big one, but whoever gets tasked to steal the guns from the citizens probably won't be able to get much in the way of life insurance.

Well said.

And welcome back, we missed you!

Figure with virtually full control of the press it'd be fairly easy to ask them to NOT report any sort of "Police Matters" that are part of an "ongoing investigation".
With regard to just about any size uprising that HAD to be reported on just label them as "right wing extremists", a cult or a gang war.

Put on the usual suspects of: the neighbor, "Gee Bill was always such a nice guy! I lived next to him for years! I never would have known he was part of a cult! Thank God the police took care of him before he came after my family!".

The co-worker "He was always wierd, I just never felt right about that one".
His mother' He was always such a good bot, I know he's innocent!"..

Blah! we've seen it all before! They were whackos! Glad there gone!

Figure with virtually full control of the press it'd be fairly easy to ask them to NOT report any sort of "Police Matters" that are part of an "ongoing investigation".
With regard to just about any size uprising that HAD to be reported on just label them as "right wing extremists", a cult or a gang war.
However, there is one thing now that wasn't around before - the internet, and specifically the "blogosphere". Coverups just are NOT as easy to do.

However, there is one thing now that wasn't around before - the internet, and specifically the "blogosphere". Coverups just are NOT as easy to do.

Agreed. not as easy.. At least right now.
Just put on your tinfoil hat for a second..

Don't we need some common sense regulation of the internet though? Look at all of these internet predators and terrorist promoting websites! We must close the pedophile/ terrorist/ hate speech/ right wing extremist loophole!!!
It's for the children!!!

Don't we need some common sense regulation of the internet though?
We need to have a permitting system, so we can check out the backgrounds of internet posters. I think that $100/year is a reasonable fee... we can have a graduated permit system, too. One that allows you to only post on sports and celebrity topics, and another, unlimited one that allows you to post on anything. Call that one an All Lawful Topics permit.

We need to have a permitting system, so we can check out the backgrounds of internet posters. I think that $100/year is a reasonable fee... we can have a graduated permit system, too. One that allows you to only post on sports and celebrity topics, and another, unlimited one that allows you to post on anything. Call that one an All Lawful Topics permit.

And all computers, Blackberries and other devices with internet access must be registered.

Those with FIOS or similar "high speed" access must be on an Approved Internet Roster (AIR) and can be sold only to those with Class "A" - Access licenses. [rolleyes]

I would ask your friend to substantiate the rumor.

Obama is clearly no friend of ours. But there is no way he would try something like that.

And all computers, Blackberries and other devices with internet access must be registered.

Those with FIOS or similar "high speed" access must be on an Approved Internet Roster (AIR) and can be sold only to those with Class "A" - Access licenses. [rolleyes]
Now that would kick ass...[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom