• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.

Read this yesterday, its spot on!

Maybe they can't come for them with support of the constitution but they can ban the heck out of accessories and categories of weapons like they already did with the 94 AWB and nfa which is still recognized in some states. I'm curious what the authors response to that would be, does he feel he can possess any time of firearm or accessory? not sure of my personal opinion but would like to hear others.

That was a very well written article.

Posted link to FB with selected quotes as the first thing seen.

The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.

A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.

For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.

Are you willing to die to take my guns?

Maybe they can't come for them with support of the constitution but they can ban the heck out of accessories and categories of weapons like they already did with the 94 AWB and nfa which is still recognized in some states. I'm curious what the authors response to that would be, does he feel he can possess any time of firearm or accessory? not sure of my personal opinion but would like to hear others.
Simply, YES we should be able to posses any kind of firearm or accessory.

Maybe they can't come for them with support of the constitution but they can ban the heck out of accessories and categories of weapons like they already did with the 94 AWB and nfa which is still recognized in some states.

They can do it. But that doesn't mean they can do it constitutionally. SCOTUS has ruled that individuals have the right to own guns in common use. All of those accessories are things that are commonly used both by the police and sportsman and people keeping them for self-defense.

I'm curious what the authors response to that would be, does he feel he can possess any time of firearm or accessory? not sure of my personal opinion but would like to hear others.

Clearly the purpose of the 2A is to defend the citizens against a tyrannical government. Of course they can possess any kind of firearm or accessory used by the millitary and police. How could you possibly expect the 2A to have any signifficance if that were not the case?

The 2A has nothing to do with hunting or target practice. It is about defense of self and state. Keep that in mind.

The 2A has nothing to do with hunting or target practice. It is about defense of self and state. Keep that in mind.

And when a politician starts talking about not infringing on people's rights to have guns to hunt with it tells me that they do not understand the Constitution - THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!

And when a politician starts talking about not infringing on people's rights to have guns to hunt with it tells me that they do not understand the Constitution - THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!

They get it all right...don't kid yourself. When you tell a lie often enough...

Ya im with you guys...as soon as any right is given up then taking more becomes an option to those trying to take them...there is a legitimate argument to posess anything you want as you are protected by the constitution, regardless of any laws

When was the last time anyone got so bent out of shape over violations of the 4th 5th 1st 6th amendments. I get it but Govt violates rights all the time with the majority towing the line. Folks we lay the precedent everyday that we don't care when we advocate the denial of due process for charged criminals, allow illegal searches, and advocate the arrest of protesting young people because we disagree with their message. Only difference is now the threat is against us. Welcome to the party.

Of course, Obama knows he will have a tough time pushing his unconstitutional agenda through Congress — even RINOs and some Democrats have promised to stand up for gun rights. "Will all of them get through this Congress? I don't know," the president admitted on Monday, referring to his proposals. "But what's uppermost in my mind is making sure that I'm honest with the American people and members of Congress about what I think will work, what I think is something that will make a difference."

None of the measures currently being discussed would have had any effect in the Newtown massacre. However, critics of the administration’s anti-gun agenda say the proposals have little to do with preventing violence anyway — instead, they are aimed at ultimately disarming law-abiding Americans. With outrage continuing to mount and mass resistance already building, though, it appears, for now at least, that Obama’s assault on the Second Amendment will be a tough sell.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...enda-emerges-republican-threatens-impeachment

Anyone forward this to Tax it Deval yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone forward this to Tax it Deval yet? Please everyone forward this article to everyone you know!

If you think they will just walk away after you tell them that you are mistaken. They will either drag you away in hand cuffs or stuff a gun barrel in your mouth demanding you give them up. Or both! Unless you actually plan on defending your family or our country with your guns you might as well turn them in because you will never be able to use them again. You will be a criminal either way. So choose wisely.

If you think they will just walk away after you tell them that you are mistaken. They will either drag you away in hand cuffs or stuff a gun barrel in your mouth demanding you give them up. Or both! Unless you actually plan on defending your family or our country with your guns you might as well turn them in because you will never be able to use them again. You will be a criminal either way. So choose wisely.

This and remember the our country he speaks of is very different than Obama's country. Like my old man always said when asked why do you have guns? I have a hand gun to protect myself shotgun to protect my home and a rifle to protect my country. Old saying yes, maybe overused but I do believe there is a lot of truth in those words.

Back
Top Bottom