If the S&W M&P handguns are so good, why are so many up for sale?

I don't have to spend an extra 100.00 on my G17, its a nice 5lb press right out of the box.... and if you pay 600-700 for one your on crack.... contact my friend's Sparky's or Bob @ Webster Lake Sporting on rt 16 in Webster MA

I bought an M&P9 full size as my first gun. I then got an SW1911 as my 2nd and realized I didn't suck at shooting nearly as bad as I thought I did. So, I sent the M&P off to get a trigger job. In the meantime, I tried a Sig.

When I got the M&P back, the trigger job was well done but I realized I still didn't like it. One issue was the the M&P hit the top of my thumb and would wear away skin after enough rounds (my thumb was injured years ago so this is a problem for me) and I just wasn't accurate with it.

The end result is I sold the M&P and got a P229 and I'm glad I did. The M&P is a good gun and all but it's just not for me.

So, I'd agree with those who said that people buy them as a first gun because they're a good deal right now.

I received three (gen 3) HI-caps with my rebuilt G17 at Webster Lake Sporting, Cost was under 500.00

supply and demand. God bless the PRM where you have to pay 700 for a 10+ year old gun that you can get for under 500 brand new in the free world

How is the trigger on the ones sold in free states such as mine? I'm considering a M&P .40c but I haven't decided yet. The others in the running are Sig 239 and Springfield XD sub-compact

Well I dropped the hammer today. I purchased a M&P .40c. He didn't have it there, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. We did all the paperwork I paid and got the serial# so I could squeak in under the rebate deadline of today. So I'll mail in and get $50 and 2 free mags.

Oh and I get the free state trigger pull.

Last edited:
supply and demand. God bless the PRM where you have to pay 700 for a 10+ year old gun that you can get for under 500 brand new in the free world

[rofl][laugh2] - i was up in Maine and saw brand spanking new Glock 19 / 23's for $389!!!!! maybe they were used... the highest price I saw was $409, but I didn't look at the model.......

can't wait to retire and leave MA!

Stupid and cheap? that's a bit harsh. Who cares? you dont like the gun, get rid of it. It's your $. I couldnt hit my way out of a wet paper bag or even hit a bus with an M&P I once owned. Even if it was right in front of me. Must I go a get a trigger job to justify that I'm not cheap or lazy, No! I'll just get rid of it. And speaking of cheap, spend the $15 and go green

Well, for many of us it's the other way around. I'd rather spend the $600 on an M&P with a Burwell trigger job than $600 on a MA 3rd gen Glock because I can't shoot any Glock very well.

It's been mentioned before, I have shot both the M&P Mass version and own the free state version, there is big difference. I agree with the post about not being able to miss with the free state version.

I liked the M&P's so much I bought 2. No it's not a S&W revolver trigger, it wasn't designed to be. What they are at least for me is very accurate and very reliable option in a crowded semi auto market.

Back
Top Bottom