If not an AR what would you get

I want an M1 Garand on an AR lower.
Or was it an M1 Garand lower with an AR upper...?

Nope, I remember. It was a belt-fed fully-synthetic stocked M1 Garand with a Red Dot in .22LR...

o_O

If the hypothetical was any rifle that's not an AR/AK, then I'd get an Aug. But that's a big hypothetical because A) I probably couldn't afford it, even if I found one, and B) Maura also doesn't like Aug's, which is the underlying reason for A.

To OP: Is this question what are good alternatives in anywhere specific, or just in general? only reason I ask is because places like MA, you'll find X95's in many LGS, but some of the items mentioned in this thread are more exotic and drive premiums (not that the X95 is cheap by any means either).

My Colt, AR 9MM aside, I like the 30 caliber carbine. Tons more power than 9mm, or .45acp carbines. Lighter in weight (5 lbs.), Flash hider, Bayonet lug, very reasonably priced, pre ban magazines with plenty of availability and it's rail friendly for a red dot scope. Ammo is also plentiful. It does everything that pistol caliber carbines do. It just does everything better and it's battle proven.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom