• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Linsky's Bill Passes...

If the laws are passed ill have to not comply for the short period till i move. After i move i don't care what this state does, i will sell my prebans here at a exchange for new mags though.

If such a bill passes and takes effect right away, you need to:
1. Move guns to home of a friend or relative in NH you trust. I would consider volunteering my services for this purpose.
2. Follow those guns to NH once you get through all the annoying house selling and buying stuff.

I'd seriously be interested in knowing why one couldn't name their residence a gun club? It could have very restrictive membership rules, such as only people who actually reside there can be members.

You might be onto something here. If there's nothing that says you have to have a range at the club, then why can't I start a gun club at my house?

You might be onto something here. If there's nothing that says you have to have a range at the club, then why can't I start a gun club at my house?

If things went down this route they'd find a way to stick a magnifying glass up your ass twice a year during unannounced site visits. Tying any right to a license is a recipe for disaster.

Store my firearms at a gun club?????????? That's brilliant. So when some career criminal out on bail that MA loves to let loose decides to kick in my front door when I'm home with my family I'll just, well you know...invite him in for tea and biscuits and tell him to "make himself at home" while I leave my house to go get my guns that I DONT HAVE.

Are you ****ing kidding me??

Store my firearms at a gun club?????????? That's brilliant. So when some career criminal out on bail that MA loves to let loose decides to kick in my front door when I'm home with my family I'll just, well you know...invite him in for tea and biscuits and tell him to "make himself at home" while I leave my house to go get my guns that I DONT HAVE.

Are you ****ing kidding me??
Show me a club that would even have enough space for secure storage of all of its members's firearms. My club, Pelham Fish and Game, is one of the larger ones in this region and our two clubhouses combined would not have enough secure storage for the MA members' firearms. Of course, the NH resident members would be exempt, but space (and security) concerns would make Linsky's proposal not practical. There just isn't enough room!

Better question. What is this law intended to accomplish beside sticking it to lawful gun owners?

All of Linsky's new laws serve one and only one purpose...to discourage legal gun ownership and reduce the number of lawful gun owners in the Commie-wealth. Less gun owers = less people likely to vote against the Dem machine.

Better question. What is this law intended to accomplish beside sticking it to lawful gun owners?

All of Linsky's new laws serve one and only one purpose...to discourage legal gun ownership and reduce the number of lawful gun owners in the Commie-wealth. Less gun owers = less people likely to vote against the Dem machine.

Linsky claims that the provisions in his bill all address different "problems". The storage of guns at clubs is supposed to prevent mass shootings. Of course, it won't and the real point is to make legal gun ownership more difficult.

If gun clubs are forced to store guns, many (probably most and possibly all) will cease to exist because they won't be able to afford the facilities to do this. To be able to afford it, they'll have to jack the dues so high nobody will want to join. Then the people won't have a place to store those evil guns so they'll have to sell them out of state. Further, the CLEOs in some towns require a membership at a gun club to get an LTC. So, if there are no gun clubs to join, that prereq can't be fulfilled and now nobody there can get an LTC.

In short, this provision like all of his is either very poorly thought out showing that he's stupid or it was purposefully designed with these problems. Either way, he should be utterly disgusted with himself but we all know he's proud.

Linsky claims that the provisions in his bill all address different "problems". The storage of guns at clubs is supposed to prevent mass shootings. Of course, it won't and the real point is to make legal gun ownership more difficult.

If gun clubs are forced to store guns, many (probably most and possibly all) will cease to exist because they won't be able to afford the facilities to do this. To be able to afford it, they'll have to jack the dues so high nobody will want to join. Then the people won't have a place to store those evil guns so they'll have to sell them out of state. Further, the CLEOs in some towns require a membership at a gun club to get an LTC. So, if there are no gun clubs to join, that prereq can't be fulfilled and now nobody there can get an LTC.

In short, this provision like all of his is either very poorly thought out showing that he's stupid or it was purposefully designed with these problems. Either way, he should be utterly disgusted with himself but we all know he's proud.

So how exactly will storing my guns at a club prevent mass shootings? Will the club be required have armed security to stop me from leaving with my personal property if I decide to walk out the door with my AR? Are they expected to at least have someone at the exit to monitor comings and goings and immediately notify 5-0 if I leave with something that's required to be stored?

If I decide to leave club x and join club y instead, does club x have to effect a secure "club to club" transfer of my stored personal property? How do I get my gun from the club to a range where I might be competing in an event either in the state or outside the state? Is the club storing the gun required to provide transport of my property to/from the event? If I am allowed to transport it myself, can I also transport ammo at the same time? If so, what's to stop me from deciding to stop and shoot 20 or 30 people on the way to the event?

Needless to say, such a proposal is a logistical nightmare and completely unworkable.

Excellently written! This bill also ups the ante, because it requires FIDs to become "shall issue". If passed, CLEOs would likely require FID holders to have current gun club memberships as a requirement for the newly "may issue" FID card. Theoretically, if such requirements were adopted by most or all of the CLEOs in this state, the private ownership of firearms and ammunition (even OC/pepper spray), would be effectively outlawed.

So how exactly will storing my guns at a club prevent mass shootings?

His words, not mine. I read the bill and concluded the whole thing would be completely ineffectual so I stopped there. Feel free to testify at one of the committee hearings and poke logical holes in it though. It shouldn't be too hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellently written! This bill also ups the ante, because it requires FIDs to become "shall issue". If passed, CLEOs would likely require FID holders to have current gun club memberships as a requirement for the newly "may issue" FID card. Theoretically, if such requirements were adopted by most or all of the CLEOs in this state, the private ownership of firearms and ammunition (even OC/pepper spray), would be effectively outlawed.

On the upside, that should make it easier to fight in court.

At least it'll be alot easier to confiscate them if they're all in one spot.

Well, If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would speculate that this is the real purpose of the proposal. However, I don't think Linsky is that smart. I figure he did a couple of sessions with 'concerned citizens' game up with a grab bad of ideas and through them in a bill to see what would get traction. The 'store at a gun club', as noted in many above comments, is unworkable. I think he is really only interested in getting his name out there because he is interested in higher office.. god help us.

In the meantime, we will be subject to immediate arrest and confiscation, loss of our jobs and loss of paycheck, not being able to pay mortgage and other bills, wife getting pissed off and filing 209A restraining order while we sit in jail or prison, kids growing up without us, expensive divorce with judge hearing only her side of it, credit trashed, complete financial ruin, lifetime felony criminal record, good luck getting decent job when or if we get out of the hoosegow, etc. Shall I go on?

So how exactly will storing my guns at a club prevent mass shootings? ...

Trying to reason your way through that bill is painful... since it's clearly not designed to do anything else other than discourage gun ownership - Linsky's dream is a total gun ban.

The bullshit argument that people on that side use to justify this type of bills is that most killings are crimes of passion where a delay between wanting a gun and being able to get a gun would help the wannabe killer cool down and get over his/her anger issues. Similar to the waiting period when acquiring a gun, etc.

Just typing that made me feel slimy... but that is the kind of logic that Linsky will preach as the gospel and his believers will mindlessly repeat.

Last edited:
Well, If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would speculate that this is the real purpose of the proposal. However, I don't think Linsky is that smart. I figure he did a couple of sessions with 'concerned citizens' game up with a grab bad of ideas and through them in a bill to see what would get traction. The 'store at a gun club', as noted in many above comments, is unworkable. I think he is really only interested in getting his name out there because he is interested in higher office.. god help us.

I think that you are right. If you google this bill, there is a Will Brownsberger page that comes to the top of the list. In his thankful summary of the bill there is, in pleasing font, a bullet point about off-site storage of bad guns. At a glance this would seem reasonable to most voters. Dig a little deeper...

The logistics of an "Approved Storage Facility ."

If it were monitored by an employee , then we are restricted access via the Armorers schedule. Most gun clubs have zero employes , none have a hall monitor to count guns.

It can't be a big vault like a dungeon , because that let's every member and guest have access to every members rifles.

Who's responsible for accountability ? " Let me have Joe's rifle , im taking it home to show it to my cousin"

What if I sell it? Does the club need copies of FA10's ? What if I belong and shoot at 3 clubs ?

What if I just decided to ignore it ? Will they be able to fund a statewide database to cross check compliance and account for every registered rifle in the State ?

It goes on and on .... "Stupid "is a deep deep pit.

I'm not sticking around to find out. I'm moving to Austin, TX on August 26.

I'm sick and tired of politicians in this state targeting law-abiding citizens with bureaucratic nonsense.

(If something passes before then, I've got a buddy in NH who's willing to hold onto things for me until I move)

Last edited:
all my guns will go to my house in NH and I will follow shortly after Linsky is a Rump wad.

I'm not sticking around to find out. I'm moving to Austin, TX on August 26.

I'm sick and tired of politicians in this state targeting law-abiding citizens with bureaucratic nonsense.

(If something passes before then, I've got a buddy in NH who's willing to hold onto things for me until I move)
Austin is the liberal cesspool of TX.

I know some people have other reasons to leave this state, and I'm fed up with the bullshit as much as anybody. I'm really not trying to shit on people who are leaving, but thank god this wasn't the sentiment 238 years ago:

The British are coming! The British are coming!

Let's run away to New Hampshire!

The anti crowd wants you to leave. They'd probably even help you pack your bags. Don't give Linksy the victory he really wants by turning tail and running away.

I know some people have other reasons to leave this state, and I'm fed up with the bullshit as much as anybody. I'm really not trying to shit on people who are leaving, but thank god this wasn't the sentiment 238 years ago:

The anti crowd wants you to leave. They'd probably even help you pack your bags. Don't give Linksy the victory he really wants by turning tail and running away.

i'll remain a contributor to comm2A once i leave this wretched communist shithole.

also if you recall from your history books--our founding fathers had a better option than to leave the state. we all know what they did. that's not exactly an option right now. proof: run outside with your rifle, if you're the only one in the street go back inside.

This political battle is fought in every state. If MA goes full Linsky but VT/NH stay sane, over time the people will realize the bullshit that Deval/Martha/Linsky/Creem/etc. are feeding them...

And when the British came, the opposition did not try to storm the fortified Boston positions of the British - the battle was fought in the woods along the path the British had to travel and was won when the British failed to control the rest of the country, forcing them to go back home empty handed. One has to choose the battles one invests in to win the war... and personally, I'll be putting down roots in NH soon. Will still be very active in MA, but I feel that the place where I can best make a difference with my vote is NH at this time. Plus, I'd rather raise my kids in one of the saner states in the region.

And nobody should be shitting on pro-freedom people that are leaving or on people that are staying - at the end of the day, everybody has to make their own decisions. Worry about the mindless masses of the gullible and willingly unemployed that are voting to take your freedoms away instead.

JJ4, I second your opinion.

We must never give up, no matter where we live.

You guys can keep it. I will enjoy my PMAGs, suppressors, new glocks at normal prices, and the boxes of ammo getting delivered to my front door by the pallet load in the next few months (hopefully weeks) when I move north.

Back
Top Bottom