If I shot twice as good as I do I still wouldn't be half as good as he is

5 shots from an AR to center mass in under a second. Yeah, Jerry is a gun God, but holy cr@p that's fast!

View: https://youtu.be/v3gf_5MR4tE

if you shot /practiced 2x more you would be 10x better.
He makes a living shooting so i bet he would not be as good at your job as you are?
Its all good. Love watching him. Im waiting for him to slow down and start shooting for accuracy and X count with rifles...

yeah, he's phenomenal...and he's not a kid! [laugh] several years ago at a media range day at shot show, he was doing a little revolver presentation for s&w. nothing serious, not trying for a record or anything, but just wow! the entire range basically came to a halt to go over and watch him work for 10-15 minutes. i was lucky to be there and able to see that. thanks mr. radtekk for posting this, enjoyed it.

if you shot /practiced 2x more you would be 10x better.
He makes a living shooting so i bet he would not be as good at your job as you are?
Its all good. Love watching him. Im waiting for him to slow down and start shooting for accuracy and X count with rifles...
I think practice is part of it, but nature ability is what separates the good from the great... It became very obvious to me back in the days when I did SASS, IDPA, GSSF... that I could practice every day and would never be as good as the best competition... If the top talent was sick, on vacation, or someplace else I was lucky if I got a 3rd place. And this was purely on the local level... talent + dedication is a winning hand.

I gave up being surprised at what Jerry is capable of....he has to go down in the history books as the best ever.

A saw a show a while back where he won a particular national championship (probably revolver) for the 20th straight year....think about that...dominance.

Last edited:
Jerry is like David Blane. Probably part alien. There is no other way to explain things.

Lets not forget that Jerry is SIXTY SIX!!! years old!!!

I remember when he did this 20 years ago. Still mind boggling. Making a revolver sound like a machine gun.

I believe that was a 610.
In...................................................................Fotay

Yes he's impressive, but I'd like to his grouping.
A lot of people could do that while spraying the hillside.
Did you watch the video? They were all in the a zone for Christ's sake. He also has vids of shooting carry handguns hundreds of yards. He a friggin machine.....accurate and fast as hell.

Agreed. Not to mention most people can’t shoot a gun that fast anyway. Especially his double action revolver work.
QFTMFT

From what I understand Jerry uses factory trigger pulls, not one of these super light jobs that only works with loads using Federal primers. Running a fast string with a light trigger competition tuned semi auto like a 1911 or CZ is not even in the same league of difficulty as a factory revolver trigger shooting DA.

If you are really good you can have six (or maybe only 4, not sure) out of your 1911 before the first brass hits the ground. If you are really^2 good, you can have you new mag in the gun before the one you ejected hits the ground.

Good gunning runs in that family. Snake identification, not so much.

I believe that was a 610.
In...................................................................Fotay

Yup. I owned that gun. Sold it eventually. You could shoot 10 mm with or without moon clips. It would headspace on the case mouth, just like a semi.

You could also shoot .40 in which case you needed to use moon clips. I shot IDPA a couple of times with my 4" gun. Its very humbling as a semi-auto shooter who had shot IDPA for several years. I made up these powder puff reloads that barely made power factor. Very easy to shoot fast. I also had to learn to count to 6 rather than 10. ha.

Last edited:
Yup. I owned that gun. Sold it eventually. You could shoot 10 mm with or without moon clips. It would headspace on the case mouth, just like a semi.

You could also shoot .40 in which case you needed to use moon clips. I shot IDPA a couple of times with my 4" gun. Its very humbling. I made up these powder puff reloads that barely made power factor. Very easy to shoot fast.

I picked up one of the new production last....................fall?
Figured I'd grab one before the run ends again. The 4", just for stuff like that.
Its on the gut and polish list.

The counting from 6 to 10 to 8 is starting to catch up with me!

Last edited:
Not only is he fast, but he's done absolutely insane distance shots too. Like hitting a target at 1,000 yards with a revolver. Or like shooting a revolver upside down with his pinky finger on the trigger and still nailing targets at 400 yards. I could spend all day, if not days, trying this and still never make those shots.

Back
Top Bottom