• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If i have Multiple addresses in 2 different towns do i report that?

Hi everyone, i have a question i can’t seem to get any clarity on and was wondering if anyone has been through something similar or knows the answer. I have my LTC in the town that i currently own my house and have my guns locked up there. I also have an apartment in the town that i work in and stay there a few days a week if i work late and don’t want to make the 90 minute drive home at 2 am and then get back to work the next day for 6 am. My question is, i want to have a gun locked up in a safe, in this second location i currently lease just incase something happens. Am i legally allowed to have a firearm in this location without informing the FRB/police. My legal address is still the one on my LTC, i just want to be able to cover my ass incase anything ever happens.
Thanks

OP: Mestchornug's post is the answer.

You have one legal residence, it appears. That's where you live, vote, receive mail, etc.
There is no legal requirement that you store your guns at that location, only that they be stored in accordance with the relevant laws (locked container/trigger lock, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom