If Hillary get elected how long will it be until gun confiscation?

I like the optimism, but it really does annoy me how many people of the gun, on this forum and in my daily life, keep saying "Gun confiscation will never happen". It can and it will if we don't work to shift the electorate in this country somehow. If Hillary wins this election which she likely will, the Republican party needs to have a serious reflection on how to WIN, not how to appease a tiny subset of religious voters...

In the meantime, 8 years of Hillary Judges, and several Senate and House races which will likely go blue (politics is cyclical) and you've got an easy formula for very bad gun laws. Everyone forgets that the AWB HAPPENED here.

I like the optimism, but it really does annoy me how many people of the gun, on this forum and in my daily life, keep saying "Gun confiscation will never happen". It can and it will if we don't work to shift the electorate in this country somehow. If Hillary wins this election which she likely will, the Republican party needs to have a serious reflection on how to WIN, not how to appease a tiny subset of religious voters...

In the meantime, 8 years of Hillary Judges, and several Senate and House races which will likely go blue (politics is cyclical) and you've got an easy formula for very bad gun laws. Everyone forgets that the AWB HAPPENED here.

I think if conservatives joined the 21st century they could eliminate the democrats. As you mentioned if they were more accepting of alternative lifestyles and freedom of choice there would be no need for democrats.

The GOPe has made it clear they aren't an opposition party. They cuddle on the couch with the DNC leadership and fight their conservative base as mortal enemies.

An out right gun confiscation will never happen in the US. It would require door to door raids of people's houses. I don't think too many people will be willing to do that, after thousands of them end up getting killed while raiding people's houses.

However having your gun rights being nickle and dimed away is real possibility. A little law here and little law there and sooner or later you have firearm laws that resemble the UK's.

An out right gun confiscation will never happen in the US. It would require door to door raids of people's houses. I don't think too many people will be willing to do that, after thousands of them end up getting killed while raiding people's houses.

However having your gun rights being nickle and dimed away is real possibility. A little law here and little law there and sooner or later you have firearm laws that resemble the UK's.

It wouldn't be a collection, just a felony to possess after x date...then ranges disappear, gun culture disappears, etc

This. Not too many people would be signing up for that job.

I think a lot of us would feel that if the .gov wanted to take my ability to defend my life and freedom, that the people that ordered it and, and the people effecting it... Better have their life insurance up to date.

It wouldn't be a collection, just a felony to possess after x date...then ranges disappear, gun culture disappears, etc
Hundreds of thousands of NY and CT residents indirectly told their state governments to F off and became felons. They still have their "assault weapons" even though they are felony to own. A law is just words on paper without anyone willing to enforce them. I don't think there are enough people willing to enforce them.

banning guns and imposing more restrictions and regulations isn't going to stop crime. People commit the crimes not the guns. not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.

When i was a teenage, four friends of mine we killed execution style. The were bound and gagged and each got a round to the back of their heads while lying face down. I don't recall a single emotion I had at that time as to wanting the gun destroyed. I wanted the shooter destroyed and I do recall wishing that one of my friends had a gun so they could have defended themselves against this monster. I believe my thoughts were the thoughts of a normal person given the circumstance.

You have to punish the criminals and make prison a place where you do not want to go no matter what...So bad that you wouldn't even risk it. The mentally insane need to be institutionalized.

Not all mentally defective people can operate or interact with society. It sounds cruel but that's just the way it is.

If there is no consequence then there is no deterrent for these people to not commit these crimes.

Then you take away our right to defend ourselves by imposing gun free zones. Brilliant....

Gun free zones get people killed.

Shelter in place = victims in waiting.

The "Australian System" wouldn't work here. As I understand the Ausie govt just took the firearms from the populace as they the populace didn't have the RIGHT to own firearms since they were a British colony at on point. Hillary seems to keep forgetting that most anti's do that pesky little document called the Constitution that says or at least what the SCOTUS has said is a right like
freedom of speech and other parts of the bill of rights.

Last edited:
The "Australian System" wouldn't work here. As I understand the Ausie govt just took the firearms from the populace as they the populace didn't have the RIGHT to own firearms since they were a British colony at on point. Hillary seems to keep forgetting that most anti's do that pesky little document called the Constitution that says or at least what the SCOTUS has said is a right like

I don't think she forgets...I just think they don't care that those documents you mention limit the governments authority. They believe they are above the law and those precious documents do not apply to them.

Everyone has the natural right to self defense and thus the right to own firearms regardless of where they live. Whether the government of that country recognizes that right or not is another story. The US Constitution did not grant anyone rights, the Constitution restricts the government from interfering with those rights.

Last edited:
Hildabeast is switching her rhetoric.

As Nick Gillespie noted earlier this month, the anti-gun pundit class, in the face of the legal ability to carry weapons increasing along with gun violence hugely decreasing, is for whatever reason more and more willing to boldly suggest a nation without guns.

Today, Hillary Clinton switched from "common sense gun safety" to an apparent call for some sort of mass government forced buyback of at least certain weapons.

Here is the video if you can stand to hear her shrill voice:

[video=youtube_share;JctBYrIaKvY]http://youtu.be/JctBYrIaKvY[/video]

The questioner mistakenly believes there are no more handguns in Australia. And Hillary seems to think there are no legal issues involved in government efforts to restrict gun rights or institute forced buybacks; no mention of the Second Amendment and I suppose in her mind if she gets four years of picked Supreme Court justices, in effect we won't have a Second Amendment. Some sort of mandatory government buyback of weapons is, she said, "worth considering on the national level if that could be arranged."

Now, the actual situation vis a vis guns in Australia isn't as simple as the apparent media image of a nation where the government rose up in anger at gun violence and ensured that no guns exist and then everything got better because of that. (Here's a lot of the legal nitty-gritty.)

Australia is not a country without guns, by any means, and its vaunted gun homicide reductions were on pretty much the same downward trend before its beloved post-buyback new gun law regime in 1996.

But it seems to be true that personal defense is not considered a legitimate reason to be licensed in Australia, whereas the U.S. Supreme Court in Heller declared that self-defense in the home via common weapons is an inviolable constitutional right.

While it's hard to say what Hillary thought she meant by saying what she said, we see in the minds of her questioner and her fans that Australia has certainly come to mean "land where the government took all the guns."
https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/16/hillary-clinton-willing-to-look-into-a-s

They don't need to go door to door. Why bother, as I said, they are in for the long haul. They will outlaw a bunch of weapons and sure, you can hide them in your basement or bury them in your backyard until you die. Can't take them to the range, can't do sport shooting or hunting. All you can do is hide them and be a criminal by default.
'

One thing about the UK and Australia and many European countries - you do not have the right to self defense, period. If someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, you have to run away. If you grab a baseball bat and hit the person, you will be the one going to prison.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/20985-self-defense-in-the-uk-is-illegal

www.askthe.police.uk, a website sponsored and operated by the government’s Police National Legal Database.
Question 589: Are there any legal self-defence products that I can buy?
Answer: The only fully legal self-defence product … is a rape alarm.

Back
Top Bottom