• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If Ever You Were Thinking Of Getting Into Reloading

I started reloading less than a year ago. The Rock Chucka' is still all I'm using. I'm up to 7 different calibers now and I have no plan to buy a new reloading set any time soon. I've been shooting for over 20 years but reloading finally became a no-brainer. Yeah I'm a dope.

Flames about how much more I could get done with a turret or progressive, go ahead. I enjoy my mancave time, listening to old Sabbath or Floyd live sets. :D

still have my jr. up and running, bought in the late '70's. it'll still be bolted to the bench long after i'm gone.

Plus don't forget about the rebate you can always buy dies with it.

I took Eddie Coyle's basic class. Best investment of time and money I've ever made. Jim showed us the right way to do things and gave some reviews of equipment that saved me from making some newbie mistakes.

Too bad it took me so long to see the light. Thanks again for your efforts Jim.

I drank the Blue Kool-Aid and bought a Dillon XL650 with case feeder.
I am designing a bullet collator/feeder for it.

I have dies for 9mm, .223, and 300 Blackout, Still need to get the 308 Win dies.
I also have cases, powder, primers, and projectiles for a few thousand rounds each.

Malodave

That's a pretty good deal. I got my lee single stage (breech lock challenger kit) and while I love it, that RCBS kit has things I had to pay extra for- Nosler guide ($36), reloading tray ($7), Chamfer tool- ($14 as pictured but get yourself the nicer lyman one with the handle), and case lube pad (??).

Either way, with some careful application of frugality you can pay for your kit in about 1k rounds of 9mm (that math includes the unlisted $50 die set, primers, and powder), less for larger calibers- Basically right now I'm paying $6/50 rounds 9mm. With that said, the RCBS will be about 2x that to pay off, but has the bonus of being a more solid kit than the lee, for pistols I doubt it matters, but for larger brass I'm going to bet that the RCBS is going to hold up better due to its more rugged construction.

Back
Top Bottom