If anyone finds a wedding ring...

...somewhere between Groton, MA and Newburyport, MA - let me know. I lost mine and I'm sick over it. I don't know where I lost it. The last I remember is taking it off a week ago Friday night and heading in to the tent in Groton at the re-enactment. I would have put it in my bag, but I don't remember doing it. We went back there this past Sunday with my hubby's boss's metal detector and covered the camp site area - nothing. I had things to do after we got back and kind of forgot about it until I went to look for it Sunday morning.

I'm VERY depressed.... [cry]

Oh man, I'm really sorry. I don't konw what I would do if i lost mine. Mine was a cusom ring made back in the 40's. I can only imagine what it would be like.

I truly am sorry and hope that you're getting into a pair of pants next summer and reach in and find the ring. Well, I really hope that you find iit before that. But I hope that if you don't, it's really like putting on your winter coat and finding a twenty in the pocket.

Lynne said:
...somewhere between Groton, MA and Newburyport, MA - let me know. I lost mine and I'm sick over it. I don't know where I lost it. The last I remember is taking it off a week ago Friday night and heading in to the tent in Groton at the re-enactment. I would have put it in my bag, but I don't remember doing it. We went back there this past Sunday with my hubby's boss's metal detector and covered the camp site area - nothing. I had things to do after we got back and kind of forgot about it until I went to look for it Sunday morning.

I'm VERY depressed.... [cry]

I have a few you can have.

So sorry to hear it, Lynne.

It may be my fault, though... this sounds like something I pulled years ago at fight practice at MIT - I put my wedding ring and my Past Master's ring (which was a 10th anniversary present from SWMBO) in my armor duffle when I got armored up. Driving home later that night, I realized that I didn't have either ring on my hands. Turned around (this was in Framingham!) drove back into Cambridge... and found my wedding ring, but never found my Past Master's ring. Had to have another one made. :(

So I don't know if it's contagious or not... if it is, though, you'll find the wedding ring. Best of luck looking. Have you tried all your camping gear? Perhaps it fell out of a duffle bag or something in the trunk of your car?

Ross

Thanks guys. I've torn all the gear apart - took out the tent and rug we use on the ground. Torn my pocketbook apart (literally), looked in the car, but there's spaces in between the seats that I can't get to. If my bag fell over on the console and it fell out of it, there's a chance it could be in that nether region of the seat area that I can't get to....other than that, I don't know where else to look because I've looked there.

Granted, miracles do happen, but this one isn't looking too good. It figures...our anniversary is a month away and now I lose it...not that any time is good but this really sucks.

And, since a week went by before I realized it, I don't know where I might have lost it. I was in a couple different doc's offices as well as a hospital for another stress test. I'd have to put ads in 3 or 4 papers and not everyone reads papers. I've called the offices and left my name and number, but I don't think I lost it there. It's not looking hopeful.

Know the feeling Lynne. Lost my first wedding ring, a hand engraved gold ring from Hawaii, one year at the Pan Mass Challenge somewhere on the Mass Maritime campus. Never found it.

My replacement is a titanium and gold ring a half size smaller that is a royal PIA to remove. (^_^)

Back
Top Bottom