• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If an employer's policy says No Firearms in the building. Can I legally Conceal Carry?

I agree, but not everyone knows that. Many people approach those arguments thinking how it works in their home State.
That was the whole point of the no snacks at the theater explanation. She's an officer in the army....educated.....she was explained what binding and non binding signage means and that the state the video was taken at was a non binding signage state.....she was being a liberal pig headed c***.

You don't have to make excuses for liberal pig headed c***s 😂

That was the whole point of the no snacks at the theater explanation. She's an officer in the army....educated.....she was explained what binding and non binding signage means and that the state the video was taken at was a non binding signage state.....she was being a liberal pig headed c***.

You don't have to make excuses for liberal pig headed c***s 😂
I guess she was educated in a nice Liberal University where critical thinking is not taught and discouraged.

You'd be surprised how many army officers fit that description.
No I wouldn't, I knew a few.
I retired from the Army Reserve a few years early when I realized all my O6's (Full Bird Colonels) voted for Barry because of their careers and most of them were Infantry/MP's.
Don't even get me started on AF/Navy Officers.

My former employer was no firearms. Used to lock my piece in a safe in the car. One day had the wife's car with no lock box. Oh well, concealed is concealed. No problems. Didn't make a habit of it but had no choice that day. Wasn't going to drive home, dump the piece and drive back. The policy also supposedly covered the parking lot. Screw that.

You'd be surprised how many army officers fit that description.

The Army is full of dumb officers.

I once heard two IN majors debating about whether there are seven continents, or eight. And they were both deadly serious. One was a Delta operator with a mustard stain, the other a SAMS graduate.

Neither, it became clear as we listened, understood geography.

No.

Work is at will within their policy.

I can't go around saying whatever i feel like saying.

Same applies to carry...if the policy is against it....then it is what it is.

Same thing applies here... but we can carry :)

No I wouldn't, I knew a few.
I retired from the Army Reserve a few years early when I realized all my O6's (Full Bird Colonels) voted for Barry because of their careers and most of them were Infantry/MP's.
Don't even get me started on AF/Navy Officers.
I did officer basic course with a female LT that got her bachelor's in human sexuality. She was a liberal twit. To decide the honor grad winner and the commandant list for graduation every event is graded (I know you know this but for the non army folks reading).....any type of fail and retest is automatic off the running for honor Grad and commandant list. She failed weapon Qual and had to re fire 6 times before she qualed. All the way back from the range on the bus she was bitchin about how she had 100s an all her exams and this one thing takes her out of the running and that too much emphasis is put on weapon Qual. I got sick of hearing it and said "the army puts quite a bit of emphasis on putting copper jackets through the center mass of our enemies......the troops you lead should as well so ......if your going to lead troops some day you may want to start putting some emphasis on it as well".

She hated me.

I'm also a mustang....was enlisted 12 years before ocs.

If you CCW, make sure that nobody knows you are a gun guy.

I ran my mouth about have a LTC one time.

Since then I was frequently bump frisked by somebody in authority.

I never did CCW at work.

I my line of work I get "felt up" by customers and employees alike due to close working conditions.

If I ever did CCW they would notice.

I loved the job so I never CCW to lose it.

If you do decide to CCW at work, be prepared to be fired.

Pick you battles carefully.

I am trying to follow this because I have similar thoughts and concerns at my job. Even if they feel it, what can they do? Ask you to strip? And then fire you for your refusal? That sounds like a golden ticket.

No, you are not going to collect money in court because your company fired you for violating their weapons policy. This is MA.

Last edited:
I am trying to follow this because I have similar thoughts and concerns at my job. Even if they feel it, what can they do? Ask you to strip? And then fire you for your refusal? That sounds like a golden ticket.
Under what legal basis would it be a golden ticket, assuming of course, you are not a member of a protected group.

The truth is a company is a GREATER risk not banning carry, as employee actions while on the job are in many cases the responsibility of am employer. Much cheaper to replace employees lost in a mass shooting that dealing with any case of an employee using a gun in defense. But, highly trained gun carriers are generally present to protect CEOs of large companies, especially ones with large public profiles like the FAANGs.

No, you are not going to collect money in court because your company fired you for violating their weapons policy. This MA.
Yeah, probably not, but I think there's people who could spin it.

"After bumping into our employee, I felt an object in their waist that felt like a firearm. I pulled them aside and after asking if they were carrying a concealed weapon, they refused to answer and to demonstrate that they were not carrying, so we terminated their employment."

"My supervisor kept rubbing themself against me. Afterwards, they pulled me aside and told me to take off my clothes. I refused and they fired me."

I did officer basic course with a female LT that got her bachelor's in human sexuality. She was a liberal twit. To decide the honor grad winner and the commandant list for graduation every event is graded (I know you know this but for the non army folks reading).....any type of fail and retest is automatic off the running for honor Grad and commandant list. She failed weapon Qual and had to re fire 6 times before she qualed. All the way back from the range on the bus she was bitchin about how she had 100s an all her exams and this one thing takes her out of the running and that too much emphasis is put on weapon Qual. I got sick of hearing it and said "the army puts quite a bit of emphasis on putting copper jackets through the center mass of our enemies......the troops you lead should as well so ......if your going to lead troops some day you may want to start putting some emphasis on it as well".

She hated me.

Lol. What branch? And more importantly, was she hot?

I was FA as an E-type, IN and MI (in a rifle battalion) as an O-type. I served with a grand total of three women. I'll never know how many better Army stories I'd have had if I'd have become an MP or something.

She hated me.

Thank God I was in Infantry Units until the end, no females. I'll never forget standing in the chow line in Basic at Ft. Benning, circa 1989, when a pregnant O4 walked by in maternity BDU's. As stated previously I was an old man of 33 yrs old and my Drill SGT, SSG. Saunders almost lost his mind. Later he went on an epic rant to me about women in the Army. [rofl] He was about my age.
Don't get me going on AF Officers and firearms when I was stationed/lived at Westover ARB for 2 yrs..

Under what legal basis would it be a golden ticket, assuming of course, you are not a member of a protected group.

The truth is a company is a GREATER risk not banning carry, as employee actions while on the job are in many cases the responsibility of am employer. Much cheaper to replace employees lost in a mass shooting that dealing with any case of an employee using a gun in defense. But, highly trained gun carriers are generally present to protect CEOs of large companies, especially ones with large public profiles like the FAANGs.
Correct, unless you work for some Mom and Pop Company, they'd be crazy to allow/encourage employees carrying firearms on their property.
Way too much liability.

"After bumping into our employee, I felt an object in their waist that felt like a firearm. I pulled them aside and after asking if they were carrying a concealed weapon, they refused to answer and to demonstrate that they were not carrying, so we terminated their employment."

"My supervisor kept rubbing themself against me. Afterwards, they pulled me aside and told me to take off my clothes. I refused and they fired me."
That's exactly how I think it would go down.

They wont even as you to strip.

They'll just say "lift up your t-shirt an inch so we can see if you have a gun".

That is no strip search.

If you refuse they'll know you are lying.

[rofl] [rofl2]

Dude, this is Massachusetts. Every judge you draw believes that Gunz ‘r Bad!

Moreover, this is an at will employment state. They can fire you for any reason or no reason (the few limitations being discrimination against certain protected classes).

Finally, if they think you have a weapon, do REALLY think they are going to search you themselves? Of course not. They will simply dial 911, say they think an employee has a weapon, and the po-po will show up. The police WILL search you and it will be established that you were carrying outside of company policy and the company will fire your behind. You won’t have any legal leg to stand on to sue the company.

[rofl] [rofl2]

Moreover, this is an at will employment state. They can fire you for any reason or no reason (the few limitations being discrimination against certain protected classes).

Finally, if they think you have a weapon, do REALLY think they are going to search you themselves? Of course not. They will simply dial 911, say they think an employee has a weapon, and the po-po will show up. The police WILL search you and it will be established that you were carrying outside of company policy and the company will fire your behind. You won’t have any legal leg to stand on to sue the company.

and if you're NOT carrying when the po-po search you? That'll be an interesting case in employee harassment/hostile work environment...

I have no problem telling people at work that this is a hobby of mine. I can't carry at work, so I don't, but I advertise my classes just like others advertise what they're doing on a weekend.. I tell people I'm going on a hunting trip, or I went to the range this weekend, or I went fishing.... I think it would take a lot of balls for a company to fire you for just this... Especially if you have impeccable job performance on file, and no other issues. I could see a lawsuit and some sort of settlement...

Lol. What branch? And more importantly, was she hot?

I was FA as an E-type, IN and MI (in a rifle battalion) as an O-type. I served with a grand total of three women. I'll never know how many better Army stories I'd have had if I'd have become an MP or something.
Enlisted I was infantry for 6 years trans for 6 more. As an officer I commissioned as trans and thats where I encountered this little gem of a female.....fort Eustis VA. She was a "butter face".

[rofl] [rofl2]

Yes, this is Massachusetts. Where a hot take that has no basis in reality can be the accepted narrative in perpetuity. Just have to have the right spin and hype man.

The second half, is interesting, as if I recall correctly from my limited research into internet pages (read: not reliable) if police have reasonable suspicion you are carrying a firearm, they can search you in MA. Would someone else touching something hard in my pants (giggity) and telling an officer be a reasonable suspicion?

I find it funny that my present employer is the only place I’ve worked at since high school that hasn’t told me not to carry, and for various reasons I don’t. (My risk assessment is to leave it in the truck)
All other places have had consequences ranging from fired (pretty much all) to felony (mil base, court, etc) and I’ve still carried. Judge the risk you’re taking and make your decision.

Yes, this is Massachusetts. Where a hot take that has no basis in reality can be the accepted narrative in perpetuity. Just have to have the right spin and hype man.

The second half, is interesting, as if I recall correctly from my limited research into internet pages (read: not reliable) if police have reasonable suspicion you are carrying a firearm, they can search you in MA. Would someone else touching something hard in my pants (giggity) and telling an officer be a reasonable suspicion?
You guys are basically saucing up a yarn out of nothing, an employer doesn't need pc or rs or the cops to fire you, assuming at will employment etc.

Back
Top Bottom