• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDPA vs USPSA

Class of 04 and you think you should be a Master by now? Well, it can be done but it takes alot more than years put in. Dedication and total disregard for almost everything else will bring you close. I firmly believe that if our friend 9x21 wasnt a family guy with a full time job, he could have been a Master shooter by now.

For me, I joined the USPSA 4/89 decided I wanted to really focus on it and take it seriously in 1991. I had my M card issued 12.29.92

For me it took 1000 rounds a week in practice alone. 2.5 hours of dry fire every night. Out in the back yard after work working on foot work in and out of shooting boxes. I shot every USPSA match I could find I could drive to. 2 hour rides to Manchester NH in a blizzard on tuesday nights because I knew the boys at Wilson Hill would be there holding the weekly Match. Driving in pouring rain for 3.5-4 hrs to Dutches County to shoot with Yoichi Ota still in the pouring rain.

You want to get the M card? You have to work at it. I see a couple shooters that are close to puting in what it takes. Mike, Steve...keep at it, your close!

I've been shooting on average of 800-1000 rounds a week right now. My focus is on my training 100% right now. I dry fire every night and have been setting and achieving my goals. We'll see how it goes.

Pete

Now... If I could just get that last damn good classifier. [grin] My friends would not call me a sandbagger anymore. [shocked] [rofl]

Matt,
Don't try so hard on classifiers. Heck, I got moved to B in Limited with no practice but the first 2 stages of each and every match.

I've been shooting on average of 800-1000 rounds a week right now. My focus is on my training 100% right now. I dry fire every night and have been setting and achieving my goals. We'll see how it goes. Pete
Thats a lot of rounds, especially with the cost of ammo. My round count is about 200 a week, with some dry fire. But most of my training is on movement, getting in and out of positions or being ready to shoot as soon as I get into position. I have wasted alot of time charging into position only to take for ever to recover.

my 2nd area to practice is the mental game, After AFS this year, I have been telling myself to shoot slow, get your points, move fast and be smooth, the feeling of speed usually comes from to much movement. When I try to force the speed, I waste time

We all shoot about the same, the difference is how we do everything else

mike, I agree with you 100%. my focus as well is on movement drills. I too waste too much time getting into and out of position. that is what mostly separates the b shooter from the m shooter.

Back
Top Bottom