• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDPA Stage Question??

Just a quick question regarding stages in a sanctioned match. Is each stage sanctioned as well? Should I expect to see the same stages as shown on the IDPA website. With experience will I know the course of fire for any given stage?
It sure must help to know ahead of time that I have to engage T1,T2,T3 with two to the body from P1 then move to P2 and engage T4,T5,T6 and then to P3 for T7,T8 or WHATEVER the case may be. Thanks for letting me ramble.....

All stages in an IDPA sanctioned match are approved by the Area Coordinator. I know some top shooters who do not pay attention to previously published CoF's because it is not unusual for the stage to be built on the ground different than it appears on paper. This may be due to size limitations of the bay the stage is erected on; maybe a prop that was planned to be used doesn't work reliably; etc. What will matter is what is said on the stage briefing and walk through.

Back
Top Bottom