IDPA match at Harvard- August 23

Metrowest Tactical presents IDPA Turn Up the Heat Match!

Date: Saturday August 23, 2008
Shooting Time: 10:00am - ~2:00pm
Registration Start: 9:15am,
Safety briefing: 9:45am,
First shot: 10:00am
Fee: $20
Stages: 5 outdoor stages (scenario and skill stages)

Lunch will be available for puchase at about 12:00pm

Checklist of what you should bring to events:
~Plenty of water/drinks!
~ Pistol (needs to fit in IDPA box) or Revolver (max barrel 4")
~ ONLY Strong side belt holsters that cover trigger guard
~ At least 3 magazines or speedloaders
~ Magazine/Speedloader carrier or holder
~ Concealment Garment (shirt, vest, jacket)
~ Eye & Ear Protection
~ 150 rounds of ammunition

PM me if you have any questions! (I won't be around Aug 10-17)

Last edited:
Bump!

Looks like we'll have a bunch of new shooters coming to this match. If you haven't tried IDPA before and have the equipment- come and have some fun shooting with us.

IWB holsters are permitted. See below link for more information on holsters, equipment. But wrt IWB holsters the rulebook says:
"ALL VERSIONS OF THE IWB STYLE HOLSTER ARE APPROVED FOR IDPA COMPETITION."
But read the rulebook for other restrictions wrt holsters, etc.

Come to a practice when you get a chance. It's best to attend a practice first anyway.

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

Last edited:
Shot today for the first time... great time. Everyone was very supportive and very quick with all of the tips and instructions.

Tons of fun. Can't wait for the scores!

Thanks to everyone involved in running the match today including the SO's!

Hanwei

Hanwei- please tell me you and De have practiced a bunch before. You guys did great for your first match! WOW. I keep looking at your Long Skills results- that is so good! When I saw the times and the points down I was amazed. Are you sure you shot 6 rounds at 75 feet?? LOL

Results will be done shortly. Posted on the MWT Yahoo Group. If you aren't on in the group PM me your email I'll send you the results.

Thanks for coming- I'm glad you had fun!

Hey Dave,

Hehe... thanks! De and I have taken advantage of the HSC Wednesday IPSC practices a few times over the past few months...(something we're grateful for)... so we've had a few dry runs at shooting stages. We just figured it was time to attempt a real match!

PM incoming.

Thanks again for running the match!

Hanwei

Hanwei- please tell me you and De have practiced a bunch before. You guys did great for your first match! WOW. I keep looking at your Long Skills results- that is so good! When I saw the times and the points down I was amazed. Are you sure you shot 6 rounds at 75 feet?? LOL

Results will be done shortly. Posted on the MWT Yahoo Group. If you aren't on in the group PM me your email I'll send you the results.

Thanks for coming- I'm glad you had fun!

We have shot a few times on Wed night IPSC...I think I need to swap my G19 out for a G34 though. I think I'm going to be a little limited with it.

I had a fun time. Time to join IDPA.

I will be transferring those videos Susan took of us.

If I post them, would some of you guys mind commenting on how to improve?

Thanks to everyone at MWT for a great shoot, I met so many people can't remember everyones name, all were helpful and friendly, great first experience for IDPA. Look forward to another one. I have to get my IDPA application in the mail first thing Monday morning. For those of you who are thinking about trying it and are a little hesitant. JUST DO IT. you won't be sorry, or feel intimidated at all. Thanks to all.

Welcome to the new shooters. Sorry I missed the match, I'm out of state for a cousin's wedding. paracarry, you can join IDPA on the website rather than through the mail if you want.

IDPA

Join on line, its much simpler. It took me 4 weeks to get it done.

3 weeks my mail, long story, and they sent my paperwork back.

Did it on line, box in the mail the next day, with my cap book etc.

JimB

We have shot a few times on Wed night IPSC...I think I need to swap my G19 out for a G34 though. I think I'm going to be a little limited with it.

I had a fun time. Time to join IDPA.

I will be transferring those videos Susan took of us.

If I post them, would some of you guys mind commenting on how to improve?

De- a G17 or G34 will give you an edge I'm sure, but the G19 is a great gun and you did very well. Glad you showed up. For your first match you shot it very well with no procedurals. (See.. it's not that hard to retain mags!).

I'm no expert but I'll be sure to offer any help I can. From seeing you in practice you certainly have the fundamentals in place. Post them and see what people have to say. IMO splits, tranisitons and draws come from lots of good practice. I'm only guessing but I bet your biggest improvements (initially anyway) will come from running the COF smoothly and clean. This will yield more improvement than a G34 would. Things like mentally KNOWING exactly how you will do everyting... shooting while moving, reloads, etc. all should be done without any conscious thought after the buzzers goes off. I'll never forget the first time I saw a real Master level shooter run a stage.. I was all pumped to see him. I watched him like a hawk but after I was kind of let down. Didn't look like anything spectacular. Until I saw he time/shots! Best time and all great shots. Sometimes when shooters look like they are going real "fast" it's often not the case- you just see lots of wasted motion. Fast shooters look real smooth so the "speed" isn't readily apparent. This is just my thought...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom