IDPA head mounted cameras?

I got a GoPro on a chest strap, used it for motorcycle riding...you might want to check your position that looks most realistic
from a shooters stand point, either from the chest or the head strap...the head mounted camera can appear to "Tall looking"
to me, while the chest mounted strap might impede your holding your pistol at the ready....and your arms might get in the way
for viewing but have a better view of your target.

I got a contour because you can rotate the lens, and the contour roam2 is water resistant up to a meter in water without a special case. You lose some bells and whistles, but the lens rotation and water resistant outta the box without a case sold it for me

I second the Contour. I've used the Tachyon line (an older one) and the Contour. The Contour is much easier to get mounted right, and the sound is better. For anything on the water, the Tachyon is the clear winner.

I'm really happy with my Contour Roam. Two zip ties thru the brim of any hat to use the surface mount they provide and just rotate the lens using the built in laser to level it.
roam.JPG

I'd love to get a go pro for the warrior dash this summer but they start at like $200 and for something ai don't see myself using more than a few times thats to much for me

I also have a contour (the GPS model). It's smaller (possibly lighter) and better shaped than the hero for this kind of stuff. I have a mount on my paintball helmet on the strong side. Also has a headstrap that would position it the same way. About as close as you can get to your real point of view as it's only about an inch or so outboard of your strong eye.

I have the drift 720 and it works fine. Clear hd pic and good sound from internal mic. I used2 wire ties to mount to ear muffs for side mount and used velcro mount supplied with it but drilled hole in it & hat brim used counter sunk blot and made cap mount. Not as big as the GO PRO or Small as the Countor but can get it on sale at Best Buy for $79.99 add micro disc for $35. Takes good still photos and has a remote to turn it off and on. forgeting to turn it off after stage leads to lots of editing.

Not to be an ass...but... Are cameras allowed to be mounted in IDPA? There must be some sort of procedural for that

I got one of these years ago, hard to install and no wifi like the go pro

Attachments

• terminator.eye_.jpg
    terminator.eye_.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom