• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDPA Granby Bow & Gun Club

How hard is it to make it through a match if you have never done one before?

Do you find most people welcoming or is it too competitive?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How hard is it to make it through a match if you have never done one before?

Do you find most people welcoming or is it too competitive?

It is not hard to make it through a match, just be safe. Just tell staff you are new, they and your squadmates should be welcoming, offer advice, coaching, etc.
I have NEVER felt unwelcome or been treated with anything except courtesy and friendliness at any IDPA, USPSA, or Steel challenge match, anywhere in NE that I have shot. No one cares how fast you shoot, or how accurate, as long as you do it safely.
Show up, have fun, and be safe, and then watch your money disappear as you go to more and more [grin]

Just shot the USPSA match at Granby this past Sunday. The guys are great and very welcoming. Like said above, just let them know your are new and they'll help you out.

Every match I've shot, everyone has been more than willing to offer advice or help. Shot with a couple GMs in my squad a few weeks ago and they were great for insite. No egos. Its a great shooting community.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking/hoping. I am going to try to get a hall pass from the boss so I can attend this one.

Just a reminder, we are running our monthly IDPA match tomorrow, June 17th at Granby Bow and Gun Club 85 Chicopee St. Granby, MA.
Registration starts at 915, 10AM start time. Registration is $20 which includes 5 stages, a raffle stage and water. Round count is about 100.
Granby has been working hard on improving their pistol bays. The ground has been raked and is even and they have been putting mulch on the backstops.
Anyone who wants to help with setup please be there for 8AM, otherwise come have a fun IDPA day!!

Back
Top Bottom