IDPA 5/21 at HSC

Fellow Shooters,

I would like to invite everyone to come out and enjoy an exciting day of defense oriented shooting at the Harvard Sportsmens Club. The match on the 21st will include 6 outdoor stages and a stage designed for Back Up Guns (BUG). Many of us carry guns that we don't typically shoot at matches and this is a great chance to practice under pressure. The bonus stage can be shot with with a standard IDPA gun but scored accordingly. See below for IDPA definition of BUG.

Registration starts at 9:15AM
First shots at 10:00,and lunch will be available for purchase.

I hope to see everyone there!

Excerpt from IDPA Rulebook:
No reloads on the clock.
Starting position is low ready.

Handguns permitted for use in this division must:
A. Be single or double action.
B. Be either pistol or revolver.
C. Be .32 auto or larger.
D. Have a barrel length:
1. Semi-automatic, 3.8" or less (factory installed cone style
barrels with or without a barrel bushing are permitted).
2. Revolver 3" or less.
E. Maximum (total) number of rounds that may be loaded into
the handgun is five (5).

The IDPA angel on one of my shoulders is telling me to bring my Kahr PM9. But the gamer devil on my other shoulder is telling me to bring my 2 1/2" Model 66. The power of the dark side is calling me.

The IDPA angel on one of my shoulders is telling me to bring my Kahr PM9. But the gamer devil on my other shoulder is telling me to bring my 2 1/2" Model 66. The power of the dark side is calling me.

That's funny the gamer in me telling me to bring my M&P9c, the IDPA angel is telling me to bring the Ruger LCR (or the 442 if the APEX kit arrives in time).

The dark side is calling you? You bringing a Glock? I think I'll bring my G26.

I want to use my SP101... but I don't have a holster for it yet... think I can draw from mexican carry? [wink]

Oh wait... start from low ready... so no holster required for BUG?

Weather looks good so far. High of 67 with scattered showers.

Is any of it going to be in no/low light? I just got night sights installed on my carry gun (which is both BUG and SSP legal), and I've been looking for a good change to try it out.

14-8067.jpg

Bug gun stage?

All stages will be outdoors at this match. I'm hoping to see a good crowd of CDP shooters. If you have a .45 bring it out and have some fun.

I want to use my SP101... but I don't have a holster for it yet... think I can draw from mexican carry? [wink]

I do believe there is a rule that would permit this type of carry, but only if you have a sombrero to go with it... oh wait, I do believe that wearing a funky hat would not be unheard of from either you or your brother.[rofl]

IDPA looks like a ton o fun and as soon as I get my LTC, one of my first purchases will be an IDPA gun. Never been to a match but I will be showing up at Harvard to observe. I was heavily in to competitive shooting back in the late 70's and early 80's and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I'll be the guy wandering around in the background wearing a Patriots hat. I've never met any of you guys so please feel free to come over and say Hi.

Bill

I will be showing up at Harvard to observe.<SNIP>
I'll be the guy wandering around in the background wearing a Patriots hat. I've never met any of you guys so please feel free to come over and say Hi.Bill

Eyes and ears are required for spectators... Do not wander to far in the background, come on down to where the action is.

I'll be the big handsome bald guy with a timer in my hand. Actions shooters are a friendly group and if you have not been to HSC yet be prepared so be amazed...

Fantastic day to be out & a great match. Loved the BUG stage. Thanks MWT for putting this together. Gene (SO) & Bill (ASO) with help from Alan did a great job keeping all stages safe, fast & lots of fun for the squad!

Edit: helps to get names correct;-)

Last edited:
Another great IDPA match as usual. A big thanks to Carl (MD) and all the MWT crew for putting this together.

I'll be the guy wandering around in the background wearing a Patriots hat. I've never met any of you guys so please feel free to come over and say Hi.

Bill

It was nice to meet you today Bill. Hopefully we'll see you out a match once your LTC comes in.

Anyone from metro bostom need a ride?
It was a pleasure to meet you and shoot with you today.

man i didnt know i took so many videos.
i'll post them up soon as i wake up from my nap.
great shooting with everyone today in squad 3.
not looking forward to the scores though, brain was not firing on the last 5 cylinders, just the 1st.

It was great meeting some of you today and thanks for showing me around. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer but I had to bug out. . Now that I have seen what I'm missing, it's going to make the wait for my LTC even worse.

Thanks to Dave (SO) and Mark (ASO) for running such a good match with our squad. It was very enjoyable as usual and great to shoot with all the guys on squad #3

Excellent match guys. Kudos to Carl for organizing a great event, and to the SO's and ASO's for running a great match. Loved the Bin Laden stage (though proving that I'm not quite ready to join Seal Team 6).

Gene (SO) & Bill (ASO) with help from Alex did a great job keeping all stages safe, fast & lots of fun for the squad!

Actually, it is Alan, but no worries.[grin] I need to start asking people their NES usernames so that I can put names here to faces there. [grin]

man i didnt know i took so many videos.
i'll post them up soon as i wake up from my nap.
great shooting with everyone today in squad 3.
not looking forward to the scores though, brain was not firing on the last 5 cylinders, just the 1st.

That was my squad... you sure you were on squad 3? Who is this? Mark and I (Dave) were the primary SOs/

Great match had lots of fun, was a good day for my first try at idpa after doing uspsa for a year. Thank you to the saftey officers and the rest of the squad (2) for being awesome. I'm the guy who who left just before the last stage, fricking sucks, my work call that pulled me away was a guy stuck in the elevator. I really wanted to get there quickly and try to keep the Fire Department from jacking the thing up, its brand new and they dont know gentle. The real pissa is that just before i got there, another call came in that the guy was fine and it was working again.

Great match had lots of fun, was a good day for my first try at idpa after doing uspsa for a year. Thank you to the saftey officers and the rest of the squad (2) for being awesome. I'm the guy who who left just before the last stage, fricking sucks, my work call that pulled me away was a guy stuck in the elevator. I really wanted to get there quickly and try to keep the Fire Department from jacking the thing up, its brand new and they dont know gentle. The real pissa is that just before i got there, another call came in that the guy was fine and it was working again.

I was going to stop by the Cordovan when I went home to Hamel Mills. You didn't miss much, the last stage (2) sucked anyway.

...I'm the guy who who left just before the last stage, fricking sucks, my work call that pulled me away was a guy stuck in the elevator...

Now if you had shown up in full IDPA gear, there would have been fewer emergency calls in the future;-)

@BigDaddyAl, sorry about the mixup, fixed it!

Back
Top Bottom