Identifying Sig Mags

Not to get too far off track but anyone have problems with Sig mags chipping easily? Small problem (but still annoying) is every mag I have used in my P226 has wear marks with the finish chipping on both sides at very specific places. All of these mags were new and in perfect condition when I got them. Any idea what is causing this? Could it be the maglula loader I use or something inside the pistol scraping them? It is a little tight the last half inch or so before the mag locks in place but nothing too unusual. Here is a pic:

Sig%20Mag%20Wear%20Pic%201.jpg

That same wear pattern exists on all the mags. Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread on this [smile] Any ideas?

Yeah when you use something it doesn't look new anymore...

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind.

The problem is these mags have barely been used and it seems to be the only gun I've seen chip/scrape the mags so quickly (even after 1 trip to the range). I honestly don't care how they look, they're just mags, but wanted to know if other people with sigs see the same thing and if it indicates a rubbing issue with the gun. That way I can send it back to sig under warranty to take care of it before it becomes a more serious problem that actually matters. If its not an issue then I remain a happy P226 camper.

As for prebans, I personally wouldn't lose sleep over it but maybe I'm reckless. As long as it has no date or LE marks, explaining to the police why it is a preban if you are ever unfortunate enough to have to use it will be the least of your worries. Getting ones with older features and designs wouldn't hurt though.

I've not seen chipping on sig mags like that, but then again im not that familiar with the finish on the newer cripplemags. Rubbing and wear is normal on the sides and tower but not usually in chunks like that.

Back
Top Bottom