• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Identify this muzzle device and handguard

I've shot that muzzle device. Its a stupid, ineffective piece of man jewelry.

Its heavy and expensive and diverting the blast forward really doesn't get you much. You are better off with one of these for half the cost.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-t...rect-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve-2-piece/

I've used this and it works great. Shroud removed and the brake is a pretty good brake.
Shroud installed and its as quiet as any non-suppressed gun is ever going to be. (which isn't very quiet)

al3n1__41015.1396642706.1280.1280.jpg

in terms of blast diverter on the cheap, I've had good results with the good ol Troy Claymore. only downside is it doesn't click on-off like these newer devices. if I have to shoot a rifle w/o hearing protection, I pretty much demand it has a linear comp of some sort. i've never shot one with a standard muzzle brake and hope I never do.

If I have to shoot a rifle without hearing protection, I'm going to put a proper suppressor on it.

If I didn't live in MA, I would have a collection of suppressors already and this wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately....that's not the case.

Also thanks for the kineti-tech link. I have been looking at more expensive versions of this (like the FERFRANS or the Lantac BMD, which there isn't much info on).

I've shot that muzzle device. Its a stupid, ineffective piece of man jewelry.

Its heavy and expensive and diverting the blast forward really doesn't get you much. You are better off with one of these for half the cost.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-t...rect-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve-2-piece/

I've used this and it works great. Shroud removed and the brake is a pretty good brake.
Shroud installed and its as quiet as any non-suppressed gun is ever going to be. (which isn't very quiet)

al3n1__41015.1396642706.1280.1280.jpg

Is something like this OK for MA AWB, considering it has threads on the front of the brake?

Yes. Read the law. To paraphrase, it prohibits a threaded barrel which can be used to mount a flash hider.

Its not a threaded barrel and you can't mount a flash hider to the end of the brake.

Don

i have the Fortis Blast Shield and like it alot. Very easy on off, good for range, and god forbid HD. but its a great look. Get the barrel and handguard length and width right and it will fit right inside nicely. Also, it is not threaded which complies with MA

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

If I didn't live in MA, I would have a collection of suppressors already and this wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately....that's not the case.

Also thanks for the kineti-tech link. I have been looking at more expensive versions of this (like the FERFRANS or the Lantac BMD, which there isn't much info on).

Back
Top Bottom