• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Identify this Magazine

Nico9283

NES Member
Just received some supposed Preban 25 round 9mm Glock mags from someone here in the classifieds. Clearly not factory Glock mags.. but they do work and I just racked a full magazine without any hiccups. But curious to a few things
1.) what brand are these?
2.) considering they’re not genuine Glock mags, did I get ripped off paying 250 for 3 of them?
3.) if they’re not genuine Glock mags, how can I be sure these are Preban?

the whole point of buying these was to have a high cap mag I can use with my Roni conversion chassis for range fun. But if these aren’t Preban, I don’t really want to be seen in posession of mags that are a felony to own.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 30
They are pre ban.

USA Magazine brand. They went out of business before the ban.

You got a deal for all 3.

I'm selling the same ones.

I figured they were 30 round.

Ok thanks, I’ll do a little research on the company just to feel confident.
And I asked for 25 rounders but I was able to squeeze 27 into it. Not sure what that’s all about lol.

Sorry for the harshness, but if you had paid $250 for 3 genuine Glock magazines, I'd have said you 'got ripped off'...

fair is fair, but if you can show me anyone selling Preban 25 round Glock mags in mass for less than 100 each... I’ll buy you a 30 rack of whatever kind of beer you like. Sometimes you just gotta pay to play

Interestingly enough, I read that USA Magazines were not very good quality.. but they cycle FMJ no problem. JHP on the other hand simply will NOT cycle. FTF every single rack.. nose of the hollow point hits too low on the feeding ramp

I almost bought a couple of these a few months ago, but couldn't find any solid reports on their function. People often dump on USA mags, but I'm wondering if they could be tweaked for better reliability. Please let us know how they worked after a proper range trip. The price is not completely absurd like OEM Glock 33rd mags are in MA, so I'm very interested. I mean, they're still way overpriced, but it's the lesser of evils on that end when people are trying to sell giggle sticks for over $300/ea.

fair is fair, but if you can show me anyone selling Preban 25 round Glock mags in mass for less than 100 each... I’ll buy you a 30 rack of whatever kind of beer you like. Sometimes you just gotta pay to play
May I ask what your intended purpose for those extended-capacity magazines is? Range? Personal Protection or Home Defense?
If for the range, they would be acceptable (but, not at that price, unless price is not a factor) because your are in no danger.
If for self-protection, where any price would be considered "acceptable" for flawless functioning, increase capacity, and unquestionable durability, then sure.

Edit: I do however feel that for the money, factory Glock magazines are the best for self-defense, even if only 10-rounders.

~Enbloc

Last edited:
I almost bought a couple of these a few months ago, but couldn't find any solid reports on their function. People often dump on USA mags, but I'm wondering if they could be tweaked for better reliability. Please let us know how they worked after a proper range trip. The price is not completely absurd like OEM Glock 33rd mags are in MA, so I'm very interested. I mean, they're still way overpriced, but it's the lesser of evils on that end when people are trying to sell giggle sticks for over $300/ea.
Maybe we should rename them, Heart Attack Sticks.
Or, Sticker Shock Sticks,
Or, Butt Rape Sticks. [rofl] [rofl]

Edited for ignorance on my part.

Again, sorry for the harshness...

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, I read that USA Magazines were not very good quality.. but they cycle FMJ no problem. JHP on the other hand simply will NOT cycle. FTF every single rack.. nose of the hollow point hits too low on the feeding ramp

Take them to the range and see how they work with hollow points. Racking is not the same as shooting. You may find that they work fine.

I’m with Enbloc in preferring factory mags for SD.

Bob

The mag release on a Glock is plastic (ooops, space age polymer....) and will be subject to additional wear from being pushed out of the way by a metal rather than plastic magazine. Similarly, a metal mag is more likely to uglify the interior of your mag well plus it is not made in Gemany, costs more than you make in a week and invisible to metal detectors.

Additionally, who made Pre-ban 25 round steel magazines for Glock 9mm prior to 1994 anyway???

I'd consider having mods delete this thread, you know... for 'legal' reasons...

They certainly don't look 26-years old...

View attachment 372759

Again, sorry for the harshness...

It does appear to be USA brand with those distinct fins on the sides and front, and unique floor plate. And as Reptile pointed out, they went out of business before 94 ban. Although, I know they made 30rd mags. Didn't know they made 25 rounders.

Just received some supposed Preban 25 round 9mm Glock mags from someone here in the classifieds. Clearly not factory Glock mags.. but they do work and I just racked a full magazine without any hiccups. But curious to a few things
1.) what brand are these?
2.) considering they’re not genuine Glock mags, did I get ripped off paying 250 for 3 of them?
3.) if they’re not genuine Glock mags, how can I be sure these are Preban?

the whole point of buying these was to have a high cap mag I can use with my Roni conversion chassis for range fun. But if these aren’t Preban, I don’t really want to be seen in posession of mags that are a felony to own.

those are USA brand they're f***ing ancient, nothing to "worry" about WRT preban status.

As to whether you got "ripped off" or not that's for you to decide. I flat out refuse to pay anything more than like $50 for a pistol mag, period end full stop, but that's a personal
thing. I also acknowledge that "market value" is far in excess of what I am willing to pay.

Forget what I said about these magazines, as I was clearly wrong.
~Enbloc

Last edited:
Additionally, who made Pre-ban 25 round steel magazines for Glock 9mm prior to 1994 anyway???

I'd consider having mods delete this thread, you know... for 'legal' reasons...

They certainly don't look 26-years old...

Oh trust me, they are that old. I used to toss tons of those things aside when rifling through mag bins at gun shops years ago. You still find bunches of them here and
there, but because they look oddball, nobody knows what they go into.

ETA: there are a half a dozen of these kinds of mag manufacturers, Eagle, USA, Scherer (glock mags only), a few others I can't remember. They made shit for Beretta, Glock, Sig, and I think even CZ/Witness guns etc.

ETA2: CDNN used to sell these things by the gobs. But people never bought them because the price was low enough to make people question the quality. Never used them myself so can't say anything on that front.

Oh trust me, they are that old. I used to toss tons of those things aside when rifling through mag bins at gun shops years ago. You still find bunches of them here and
there, but because they look oddball, nobody knows what they go into.

ETA: there are a half a dozen of these kinds of mag manufacturers, Eagle, USA, Scherer (glock mags only), a few others I can't remember. They made shit for Beretta, Glock, Sig, and I think even CZ/Witness guns etc.

So, what's the actual round count capacity? 25?

My sincere apologies to the OP... No excuses, just apologies.
~Enbloc

So, what's the actual round count capacity?

Not sure, as although I handled a ton of those things, I never actually used one in a gun. They made flush-fit mags that went in G17s and G19s, too, and I believe those were similar to OEM
capacity.

So, what's the actual round count capacity? 25?

My sincere apologies to the OP... No excuses, just apologies.
~Enbloc
OP said he was able to "squeeze" 27 rds in, so actual round capacity is, 27, I suppose.
I personally agree with you though, I would have just bought a shitload of Glock 10 rounders.

It’s kind of amusing to me to hear so many people complain about overspending 250 bucks on some fun magazines that will actually get used... all the while they’ve got 2-3 gun safes packed full of likely over 15,000 in guns that are bought and then sit in the safe until the day they’re eventually sold to make room for a new safe-queen

I bought two of those 30 rd mags for my Glock 17 back when you could not
get the Factory 33rd mags from Glock. 1st AWB, Military and LE only sales.
I still have them. Added eight Factory Glock 33rd mags and two 50rd drum
mags to my arsenal since then.

those are USA brand they're f***ing ancient, nothing to "worry" about WRT preban status.

As to whether you got "ripped off" or not that's for you to decide. I flat out refuse to pay anything more than like $50 for a pistol mag, period end full stop, but that's a personal
thing. I also acknowledge that "market value" is far in excess of what I am willing to pay.
Are the USA brand mags for Beretta 92 series any good?

Are the USA brand mags for Beretta 92 series any good?
No idea, I don’t have any berettas. But from what I’ve read, the general consensus is that USA Mags suck all together. Having one or two might be good for malfunctions training drills but that’s about it unless you get a lucky good one.

I had a couple USA mags for a Ruger P89 in 9 mm they worked pretty well don't recall having any problems with them. So either got lucky or it's a testimony to Ruger's reliabilty

Back
Top Bottom