Ideas for vehicle holsters needed

Make sure it’s secured. One of the points in the Miami FBI shootout was one or two agents put their pistols of the seat for ease of access and lost them when the car collided.

I like behind the passenger seat in the map pocket.

Yeah, Harrell's analysis of that shooting pointed this out - the pistol slid off the seat and was never found afterwards:

There should be no reason you have to take off your pistol while youre driving. If its too uncomfortable to manage you need a new holster and belt system.

Car holster rigs increase the likelihood you forget your pistol and the amount of time your pistol goes into and out of multiple holsters which is when most NDs happen.

Avoid car holsters.

your pistol goes into and out of multiple holsters which is when most NDs happen.
This can't be overstated, but I'll try: drawing and holstering a firearm while seated in a vehicle (moving from one holster to another) is probably the most dangerous gun-handling you'll ever do, as you're potentially sweeping your body with poor visibility of what you're doing. You should not twice every day.

It's super easy for objects to get stuck in triggers while holstering, and in a car your leg is near the muzzle when you do.

And that's ignoring the possibility of people seeing you pulling out a gun in a parking lot.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Pictures even better.

I know it sucks when you go asking for one thing that you want and people start telling you that you don't actually want it. But there are warnings here that are worth taking seriously.

Ah, the gun handling nazis/scaredy cats come out of the woodwork.

There are plenty of car seats/seat belt combinations in a variety of vehicles that do not allow drawing of a firearm. Theres nothing wrong with car holsters.

Take your time when moving your gun.

If I’m driving for an extended period I occasionally take my entire holster off and clip it to map pocket on the side of my center console (gmc Sierra) I carry either a Glock 30 or a Shield 45 appendix in a kydex holster.

If I'm driving my wifes Explorer I’ll take my entire holster off and store it under my thigh.

This is only if I’m gonna be driving for 1+ hour, I’m usually only doing 15-30 minute trips between jobs and estimates.

I don’t usually unholster until I take it off for the day.

You might not think you care now, but if you ever are stopped for speeding, and your firearm isn't completely concealed from both windows when the officer comes to write you a ticket, you will have a bad time.
or an accident. i have a post here from years ago where i was involved in an accident and police were called. 2 cars responded and one of them walked around my vehicle looking in the windows with a flashlight. i assumed at the time he was looking for opened containers but could very well have spotted a gun if one was jarred from the impact out of it's location.

Not to make this a debate on "in your control". But I took the firearms safety class with two instructors being central Ma. SWAT members and local PD.
And they stated" as long as the firearm is within reach, it would be considered"in your control"". Now perhaps they lied, or weren't up to date on how to screw with citizens.
How some liberal judge would interpret that who knows. But, I am outside the 495 belt and don't give a shit.
:)
Your instructors didn't lie, the problem "under your direct control" it is not defined in MGL and open to interpretation. You pay your money and take your chances. When I do BFS classes I point that out and tell my students I interpret "under your direct control" as being on your person.

Your instructors didn't lie, the problem "under your direct control" it is not defined in MGL and open to interpretation. You pay your money and take your chances. When I do BFS classes I point that out and tell my students I interpret "under your direct control" as being on your person.
AIWB holster with an adjustable cant. If I need to purse carry my 45, I put the seatbelt through the strap of my bag before I click it. It's secured to me.

Since we are talking about possession in a vehicle, I would love to see a case where a LTC holder was arrested with both cocaine and a gun in the center console of their vehicle. I want to see how they can argue that the gun was not in their possession, but the cocaine was.

Since we are talking about possession in a vehicle, I would love to see a case where a LTC holder was arrested with both cocaine and a gun in the center console of their vehicle. I want to see how they can argue that the gun was not in their possession, but the cocaine was.
They would and the Marsupial judges will buy it due to gunzzz.

I’ll admit, that Vaultek Slider looks nice. I have my Ham Radio battery box in my back passenger-side floor well (I never have 3 others in my Subaru Forester) so it would not look obvious if behind the passenger seat where I could reach over. A seat back storage panel could cover it over. Maybe...

I’m also not fond of upholstering guns in cars - to many ways to f’up.

Back
Top Bottom