• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ideas for making a gun a bit more feminine for a xmas gift?

These recent shootings have served as a catalyst for my girlfriend to get her permit and I've decided to get her a Glock 19 for xmas. It's probably a very non-romantic gift but I'm not exactly a romantic person.

Any ideas of how to make it a bit more feminine? It can't be extreme ( no pink frame)
Maybe a pink back plate?
Laser engraving of some sort?

Is engraving St Michael the archangel a bit too extreme?

A couple of years ago my wife requested an uzi for Christmas....so I added the foreward grip to make it easier to shoot; thats about as girly as she wanted it to be.
33eqxwo.jpg

I'd go the cheap route and just buy a stack of Hello Kitty sticker, she can always peel them off [laugh]

why make Glock more feminine? Leave the gun alone and just buy her some girly crap like gift cert to Victoria Secret or an AR.

Hmmm...Maybe I should concentrate on getting her a holster instead. I wonder if a G-string can support the weight.

Nothing sexier than a girl with a Glock. Except for a girl with 2 Glocks!
pe5ydumy.jpg

Last edited:
Saw some pink ribbon ammo at walmart, her mom had breast cancer. Got it just because... maybe package that with it?

Ordered her some special pink safety glasses when she got her LTC back in the MA days too.

These recent shootings have served as a catalyst for my girlfriend to get her permit and I've decided to get her a Glock 19 for xmas. It's probably a very non-romantic gift but I'm not exactly a romantic person.

Any ideas of how to make it a bit more feminine? It can't be extreme ( no pink frame)
Maybe a pink back plate?
Laser engraving of some sort?

Is engraving St Michael the archangel a bit too extreme?

If she actually LIKES pink (be sure she does!), I think the pink triggers are a nice touch. Reversible, not too over the top. http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/PinkTriggers.htm

Unless her hands are very large, please stay away from the slip-on grip covers - glocks are already big-gripped guns for most people regardless of gender!

If she doesn't like pink, I would get her a gift certificate to Fluid Graphics or Weapon Iconography - let her pick out a design that she likes and get it customized to her tastes.

Alternatively, get her a gift certificate/IOU for a good holster-maker that can make her something special for the gun. If she ever carries OWB, I LOVE the flatjack from Dragon Leatherworks. https://www.dragonleatherworks.com/leather_holster_flatjack.php

Haven't found a thigh rig that would carry a Glock without feeling like I was wearing a rappelling harness. [wink]

Girling up the Glock, in my female opinion, is unnecessary unless she is especially a girly girl. I WISH that my husband would give me a firearm for Christmas. I like the idea of the pink ribbon ammo.

Girling up the Glock, in my female opinion, is unnecessary unless she is especially a girly girl. I WISH that my husband would give me a firearm for Christmas. I like the idea of the pink ribbon ammo.

For what value of girly? I spent the weekend doing demolition and drywalling work, have significant nerd credentials, never did the dress-up thing in any of its clubbing/prom/white wedding permutations, and spent half my childhood in a barn. I also have a pink AR and would totally girl up my Glock if it wasn't a carry gun. :)

Back
Top Bottom