• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IDC Firearms - Clinton, MA

Been in the shop four times, each time without leaving empty handed. I've bought from others shops but this is the only shop I seem to find something I like/want every time I am there.

Brother, I hear you loud & clear. Two handguns and a can of M855. I'm afraid to go back... [laugh]

Great people to do business with. I bought a P220 from them a couple of weeks ago and have gone back a couple more times since. Very friendly, down to earth, and were happy to order Swedish Mauser ammo for me.

Was that a sale or is that their regular price. Will be going by there sometime next week

I'm not sure if it was a special sale or not, my friend who has a house in York called me from Cabelas and asked if I wanted one or two at $99 each,he purchased two and now wishes he purchased more, these were new in the box with bayonets and ammo pouches, I'm kicking myself now for not getting one, you can hardly take the wife out to dinner for $99. Good luck, I hope you can get one..

I'm not sure if it was a special sale or not, my friend who has a house in York called me from Cabelas and asked if I wanted one or two at $99 each,he purchased two and now wishes he purchased more, these were new in the box with bayonets and ammo pouches, I'm kicking myself now for not getting one, you can hardly take the wife out to dinner for $99. Good luck, I hope you can get one..

Of course, had you been a green NES member, you could have bought as many Mosins as you wanted when we did a group buy two years ago - IIRC, mine was about $63 delivered, with matching bayonet.

Of course, had you been a green NES member, you could have bought as many Mosins as you wanted when we did a group buy two years ago - IIRC, mine was about $63 delivered, with matching bayonet.

That's a great deal. it sure beats $99 and a trip to Maine, kinda makes me want to go green..

After a considerable amount of research I settled on which semi auto I wanted. Beretta 92fs. Had the day off so I decided to go to IDC and see what they had. Had a great talk with the guy behind the counter, he was nice enough to let me ramble and talk gun for a while. Found out we know a number of the same people and have for many many years. Got a great deal on the 92fs, had to be ordered but should have it Monday. Found out they are expanding whoohooo. 2 thumbs up!

Stopped in on Saturday.Picked up an ISSC 22 pistol. I thought it might be a good gun for the wife to train with. The price was right. What a fun gun.
The guy behind the counter was great, patient with my tire kicking.

wow the things you find when you are looking at the classifieds.. I had no idea these guys had a shop so close to my house. Now I don't have to travel far for ammo and supplies ....

Great shop. Huge selection of used, and hard to find guns, and I can't say enough aout their customer service. The guys there are fair, patient, and extremely knowledgable.

Made my first trip to this shop today and was pleasantly surprised with how much stock a new shop had on hand. Mark behind the counter was a great guy to talk with, showed me alot of stuff and prices were reasonable. I will be back soon and often.

I stopped in yesterday just to say hi and check out the place and Marc was nice enough to put up with me and my yapping after hours so I bought 200 rounds of 7.62 ammo for my M1A..
I warned him that he'll probably be seeing more of me. Great selection and great service... BTW they are going to be moving into a new building they purchased..

Yup, moving around the corner to a much bigger space. They have an email newsletter, too- be sure to sign up when you are in next time. I think they also announced they will have a 'smith at the new location, too.

Was in there yesterday doing a trade. I'm looking forward in visiting the new setup. Once he hits the new location there will be much more. Marc said he purchased much of Ray's inventory (K&R Target).

For once, I'd like to see if I can walk out of there empty handed. I know it's not going to be the next time as I put money down on another one already.

Hi Marc [wave] You can probably guess who I am from my username and location.

Call them or stop in. They're great guys but their website is kind of, well, awful.

I don't think that their website is awful, it just needs to be finished (and kept up to date)...lol. Overall, IMO, it's a lot better than some of the other sites out there and it's also better than having no site at all. Nice little shop though. [wink]

Agreed. We need to butter them up for use in discount group buy transfers. [smile]

Or use them for the group buy when the Kel-Tec bullpup shotguns become available..................

I just got back from IDC after using them for a multi-gun transfer (a bunch of K31's) - and I had to put in a good word.

They were very friendly, accomodating, organized, and gave us a deal on the price of the transfers. The selection they had behind the counter was pretty good too. I counted a couple of Garands, a "tanker" Garand (never seen one in a gun shop before), a PTR91, a bunch of AK's of different types, some SKS'es, AR's , a few M1 carbines, etc.

Said they are moving to a new shop shortly - where they will have space to display the full inventory (said they had about 200 guns they didn't have room to display in the current shop).

I will be making trips back there in the future.

Yup, moving around the corner to a much bigger space. They have an email newsletter, too- be sure to sign up when you are in next time. I think they also announced they will have a 'smith at the new location, too.

Yes - he said they are going to have a 'smith fully integrated into the shop shortly. Since he does M&P trigger jobs I can add these guys to the list when I finally decide to bite the bullet and take care of the crappy triggers on my M&P collection.

I just purchased my first handgun from them and it was a very good experience. Offered me some thoughtful advice and didn't try to sell me a bunch of stuff I didn't need. The price was not the cheapest (and they admitted it) but it was very fair as I had been price shopping for a few weeks and knew the "market" rate. This shop is in the next town from me, so I don't mind paying a little more vs. driving an 1 hr+. Also, I liked the relaxed atmosphere. Looking forward to doing more business with the them!

I stopped in today, and seems like a pretty cool shop. Pretty good selection of handguns and long guns crammed in a small place. Amazing that they've only been around for like half a year. I met Marc and shot the bull with him for a bit, as I was the only one in the shop. He let me manhandle a few of the handguns there; there are like three or four of them on my shopping list, and I *barely* got out of there without buying one. ;) Definitely will be going back sometime -- we'll see how well my willpower holds up on a second trip. I gather they are moving to a new location very soon, and will have a gunsmith on staff.

Stopped in today to take a look around, and am glad I did. It's small (they're moving soon, so that's temporary), but CLEAN. I'm sick of gun shops that look like grandpas rummage sale. Everything was clean, well organized, clearly labeled, and organized in such a way that several people can browse the small shop without getting cramped.
Their inventory was excellent, some places only seem to have a bunch of old shotguns and bolt action rifles, but IDC has an incredible collection of excellent guns. Prices were fair, mostly on par with other shops in the area.
Staff was fantastic, the gentleman running the place (can't remember the name), was helpful, polite, and just all around great to chat with. Made me feel very welcome and was perfectly willing to shoot the shit.

All around, GREAT shop, the kind we need more of. Can't wait till they move and get more room to put some more guns out. Check 'em out!

Last edited:
The selection they had behind the counter was pretty good too. I counted a couple of Garands, a "tanker" Garand (never seen one in a gun shop before), a PTR91, a bunch of AK's of different types, some SKS'es, AR's , a few M1 carbines, etc.

The "tanker" garand was very interesting indeed. That's my first encounter too and I'm starting my researching on "tanker" garand.

I vowed for IDC too. I wishes they were there when I lived in South Lancaster. Taking the drive to Clinton brings back a lot of memories. I was in that area in 95 till 97.

I just wanted to share my experience at IDC Firearms in Clinton Ma with the community real quick. Mark and Todd provided me with excellent customer service and both men were very down to earth and knowledable. They welcomed my business with no reserve. I purchased a Mosin Nagant rifle from them and made the experience pleasant. I will definitely do business with them again in the near future. If anyone hasn't visited the shop yet I recommend that you do. Their inventory is pretty good. The shop is small for the time being but the guys told me they will be moving to a new building in the near future where they will be able to display an additional 200 firearms. BTW the Mosin 91/30 that I bought cost me $150 (includes bayonet, ammo pouches, tools, etc). It was slightly pricier than most places but the condition of the rifle was excellent (They have approximately 50 in stock still in boxes as of 6/23/2011). Check the place out if you haven’t especially if you live 1 hour and 30 min from Woburn like me hehe

Back
Top Bottom