Idaho becomes the Fifth state to allow Firing Squad executions, would You volunteer ?

I understand why people don't like the idea of gov having power to execute. The problem is what do you do with people who can't contribute to society. We cannot jail them all.
I didn't know that executing people who can't contribute to society was on the table.

I recall a society about 80 years ago that engaged in that practice, based on their definition of "useful to society".

I don't think I'd care to emulate them, nor associate with those who advocate the same.

The typical chudcel reply. Equating antiracism, or anything they find disagreeable to communism. Don't think you could even define communism, chud.

Using a racial epithet for Caucasians is not antiracism. It's racism. Throwing KKK in there just reinforces that.

Also a general reminder "antifa" is closer to fascism in practice than those they claim to fight against.

Depends on the crime.

Murder in the 1st degree of a child, yes

Assault where the victim is permanently damaged, yes

Jay walking, probably [smile]

I would do it if it weren't for the chance that I would be firing a black. That is BS. First of all, you know when you shoot a blank vs. a real round. I'm not going to waste my time and gas and go through all of this process just to shoot a blank.

Scenario:

You're home watching a show on tv with your pregnant wife. You being security conscious have cameras ALL over the place, so when two men break down your door their faces are streamed to the cloud and the alarm company dispatches police to your place, but when they arrive, the two men are just finishing the rape and one of them guts her like a deer as the police rush in. She dies in your arms and your unborn baby inside her.

The men surrender and the video and physical evidence, plus the apprehension on scene, there's absolutely zero chance of any error in who did what. They confess to 287 other rape/murders, mostly kids between 5 and 10 (including cannibalism!) and provide ids and locations of most of the corpses. They're sentenced to death.

Remember. These men have been raping, murdering and eating their victims for DECADES and the proof is absolutely incontrovertible. Hell, you didn't even NEED cameras because they video taped themselves doing most of the murders. The oldest murders were on Super-8 film!

I won't take the job of pulling the trigger, unless the victim(s) were family/friends, but I have no issue with the death penalty. I do have an issue with the standard of proof used. I do think there should be solidly incontrovertible, physical evidence, not "he said, she said" evidence.

IANAL
I concur. I would add that the penalty for lying during a death penalty case by prosecutors, defense or witnesses should be extremely severe possibly the death penalty.

I would do it if it weren't for the chance that I would be firing a black. That is BS. First of all, you know when you shoot a blank vs. a real round. I'm not going to waste my time and gas and go through all of this process just to shoot a blank.

You might want to RE-read and edit your post

What’s next…a return to beheadings? Crucifixions? What the actual hell?!?

The best way to settle whether society at large wants the death penalty is a return to public execution. Free live stream with an online poll for method or commuting the sentence.

There are way too many cases where innocent people have been convicted. You can let people out of jail, and compensate them for the illegal incarceration. There's no coming back from the death penalty.

There have been a couple of cases in the news recently where wrongly convicted men were released after 30-40 years in prison. Family dead or dispersed, no real skills for life on the outside. That can't be undone either. In cases where cop or prosecutor misconduct can be proven any surviving ones should serve the remainder of the original sentence.

i'd give it a go...and aim for the head to see if i really mattered or i could have stayed home. how much does it pay?

The problem is what do you do with people who can't contribute to society.
I think a few hundred million people found out what happens when their government decided they couldn't contribute to society in the 20th century.

Not a road anyone with a brain should be interested in entertaining for any reason.

too many examples of flawed prosecutions for me to act as a Government agent in that manner

I also have a issue with shooting something that is not trying to harm my person or those around me.

No matter how nice they make it for "lifers" in prison, they are still living every day deprived of liberty and freedom, and there is no greater punishment than that

That is why I love the fact that the Colorado SuperMax prison exists and is constitutional.

I went to HS with a POS, I had trouble with him from Jr High on, one day I had enough and beat the living daylights out of him.

That POS spent most of his Senior year in Billerica, He still managed to graduate and his shop ( we were a Voke) gave him a standing O when he got his diploma.

After HS he was frequently arrested for drugs, B&E, etc etc

He killed the sister of one of my drinking buddies, it was brutal crime

My friends Mom died of a broken heart after her daughter was killed, my friend drank himself into an early grave too

I had all the press clippings from the trial, I promised my friend more than once that as long as I was alive I would oppose any parole or effort to get out.

One day I start digging for information on the POS, I find the smallest mention of him in a prison newsletter type thing, where someone on the outside is publishing prisoner stories.

And that became one of the happiest days of my life.

Seems the POS was having a hard time down in Norfolk, he was complaining the CO's were giving him infractions for no reason, etc etc etc.

Oh woe is me!

He offed himself, probably by hanging.... the POS suffered for a good 20 years behind bars then checked out.

Like I said, it was a happy day at my house when I read that.

I'm quite happy, even now knowing he was not getting off easy by a needle in the arm or a bullet to the chest.

No thanks, want no part of that......unless the guy is some confessed murderer/rapist who victimized someone I know.

In that case, give me some 12 gauge incendiary rounds and let me have some state sanctioned fun.

"You mind if we dance wit yo dates?"
I think a few hundred million people found out what happens when their government decided they couldn't contribute to society in the 20th century.

Not a road anyone with a brain should be interested in entertaining for any reason.
Turks, Germans, Russians, Cambodians, Rwandans, Syrians, Chinese, Japanese, and yes, even Americans murdered nearly 100 million.

No one is too civilized to fall into evil.

I don't understand why killing someone painlessly is so complex. Just put the subject out with propofol, and inject the lethal drug (can be ordered from any veterinary drug supplier with the correct credentials) once the target is out. One hit with propofol and you are out cold and fully under (BTDT). This is one of the protocol vets use on dogs at their final visit.

I don't understand why killing someone painlessly is so complex. Just put the subject out with propofol, and inject the lethal drug (can be ordered from any veterinary drug supplier with the correct credentials) once the target is out. One hit with propofol and you are out cold and fully under (BTDT). This is one of the protocol vets use on dogs at their final visit.
They don't do it because it can't easily be monetized. There's a ton of ways to OD people without pain.

I didn't know that executing people who can't contribute to society was on the table.

I recall a society about 80 years ago that engaged in that practice, based on their definition of "useful to society".

I don't think I'd care to emulate them, nor associate with those who advocate the same.
I would support capital punishment for limited situations, BUT I don't trust the government to handle it right.

People who say they will do this, even with special circumstances like child molesters, worry me. And I doubt they have ever seen combat.

There are basically three types of people that join the military.
. People that consider themselves patriots. Want to serve their country. .
. People motivated by financial gain, lack of options, desire for training, education and advancement.
. Sick f***s that hope someday they will have a chance to kill people. Preferably brown people.

I never once fired on someone because my government wanted me to or told me they deserved it. They were shooting at me and mine.
If the government determines that they want to to put a bullet in someone, they can do it themselves. Hell, I think death penalties should be carried out by judges and prosecutors. If you are so damn sure someone should be killed for the benefit of society, have the balls to do it yourself. Don't be a pussy and ask someone else to do your hard work.

Could I pull the trigger? Yeah, and I would sleep like a baby. But I am not doing it for a government that has shown time and time again that they are capable of great incompetence and great evil.

Don't we have all sorts of colonies all around the world? Islands in the Pacific we gobbled up in our early imperialist years? Do what the British Empire did, send all the undesirables to somewhere on the other side of the world to fend for themselves and far away from the motherland to cause any troubles.

Back
Top Bottom