• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Idaho becomes the Fifth state to allow Firing Squad executions, would You volunteer ?

Let me make sure I understand this. 10 guys line up, aim at a guy, and shoot. 3 of them get handed real rounds. the rest get blanks.
Could I sign up for this? Don't think I'd want to. If I pulled the short straw like in our jury system, I'd do my duty.

Certainly cheaper than lethal injection.

No thanks. I did my part in helping the US gov't kill people. I maintained equipment that was part of the USAF mission of dropping bombs on people. That's as close as I'll come to killing for the gov't.

Also, I don't trust the court system to get a good conviction for death penalty cases. There seems to be enough reasonable doubt often enough that I can't support the death penalty.

That said, I also might make an exception for diddlers. Though, from what I've heard, dropping them in general population along with dropping that they are a diddler seems to bring a measure of brutal justice too.

i dont think the government has the right to kill anyone.

Scenario:

You're home watching a show on tv with your pregnant wife. You being security conscious have cameras ALL over the place, so when two men break down your door their faces are streamed to the cloud and the alarm company dispatches police to your place, but when they arrive, the two men are just finishing the rape and one of them guts her like a deer as the police rush in. She dies in your arms and your unborn baby inside her.

The men surrender and the video and physical evidence, plus the apprehension on scene, there's absolutely zero chance of any error in who did what. They confess to 287 other rape/murders, mostly kids between 5 and 10 (including cannibalism!) and provide ids and locations of most of the corpses. They're sentenced to death.

Remember. These men have been raping, murdering and eating their victims for DECADES and the proof is absolutely incontrovertible. Hell, you didn't even NEED cameras because they video taped themselves doing most of the murders. The oldest murders were on Super-8 film!

I won't take the job of pulling the trigger, unless the victim(s) were family/friends, but I have no issue with the death penalty. I do have an issue with the standard of proof used. I do think there should be solidly incontrovertible, physical evidence, not "he said, she said" evidence.

IANAL

Well GIF

I’m torn between should the responsibility be assigned like jury duty, or should the market the hell out of it. Advertise the individual and his crimes and then auction off half the ”tags” to the highest bidders, the other half go into lottery like western elk tags. The actual execution would be PY per view. All funds go to victims estate. /S

Back
Top Bottom