I'd like to start hunting...

As I said, I found my original cert. Luckily, I had written my card number on the back. Just called Indiana DNR Law Enforcement Div. and a new card is on the way!

Wildweasel said:
No course needed anymore, the LTC and fid work for that now. (one of the wierd things that happened out of the law change in 98.)
I have plenty of places to hunt. and there are some out your way too.
(I go right down the road to a friends farm I will make sure he asks for the stocking trucks this year 8) )
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfwrec.htm

The state stocks here? Sweet. I'll sit on the back of the truck and yell "Pull". No dogs needed. :D

This is what I found, maybe it's dated.

Massachusetts
It shall be unlawful for any resident or non-resident to hunt for any bird or mammal in the commonwealth unless such person has successfully completed a hunter education course as prescribed by this section, or unless such person held a license to hunt before January 1, 1997.

Yea they do, it has been cut back some, but it is put and take for the most part out here as the Coyotes murder the birds. Want to do some coyote hunting too? The messed up part is you are only "allowed " to use 22 cal.
there are some big yotes out here.

TonyD said:
This is what I found, maybe it's dated.

Massachusetts
It shall be unlawful for any resident or non-resident to hunt for any bird or mammal in the commonwealth unless such person has successfully completed a hunter education course as prescribed by this section, or unless such person held a license to hunt before January 1, 1997.

Yep dated. Download the extracts from the link and it states the requirements. (old license , hunter safty course, FID or LTC) when they did the big law change back in 98 that change was snuck in.

Wildweasel said:
Yea they do, it has been cut back some, but it is put and take for the most part out here as the Coyotes murder the birds. Want to do some coyote hunting too? The messed up part is you are only "allowed " to use 22 cal.

Are you allowed to use 22 centerfires, or just rimfires?

Wildweasel said:

I'd like to do some of that.

What a shame. A 223 or 22-250 does a real job on them. I don't go hunting coyotes, but WILL shoot one every chance I get. I guess I'd use my Rem 600 in 308 (doesn't like like normal 600, seein that it's got a Hart barrel and McMillan stock) or my RomAK 3.

Well it ties into population density. Out east there isn't anywhere for the most part you can shoot a rifle and not hit something... only rifles we are allowed to use are .22LR for squirrel. deer hunting is shotgun with slug/buckshot.
this is a carryover of that.

Back in the 50's there where alot of hunting accidents. thus the shotgun season/blaze orange we have today.

Wildweasel said:
.22 long rifle for rifles, and not larger than .38 cal for pistols.
(good thing I never used my .243)

I've got a long-barreled Ruger Security Six I'm pretty accurate with... And I've got a couple boxes of Federal .38 Special +p+... Wouldn't mind reducing the coyote population a bit... [twisted]

Wildweasel said:
deer hunting is shotgun with slug/buckshot.
Don't forget we get to use black powder rifles during the primitive arms season. BTW you can also use BP rifles during the shotgun season too.

Adam

The last yote I saw a couple of weeks ago was definately good sized,well fed,and a beautiful coat on it. I've been thinking on raising pheasants,maybe I'll have to do that next spring. Our younger cocker has a phenomenal nose,but hates tall brush. I love watching her work a field. We haven't shot around her yet so don't know how she'll be. She is also a chicken at heart. My buff cockers got a good nose but she is older 10 and I have had a round of lyme disease with her. Even though she's better,she doesn't want to get up on things like she used to. And yes I would release the pheasants for hunting too. Something we'd considered for awhile.

The farmer down the road that lets us hunt his land always appreciates it when you take care of the coyote population. He's lost quite a few calves.

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
Fill me in on how I should hunt whitetail in New England?

Be wery, wery qwiet. [wink]

ROTFL!

I truly like this Lady!

Ross

[oops] oh gosh... :D

*whew*

I was afraid that I'd offended since I hadn't seen a reaction from you, Lynne! Don't scare me like that, OK? [wink]

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
Fill me in on how I should hunt whitetail in New England?

Be wery, wery qwiet. [wink]

ROTFL!

I truly like this Lady!

Ross

[oops] oh gosh... :D

*whew*

I was afraid that I'd offended since I hadn't seen a reaction from you, Lynne! Don't scare me like that, OK? [wink]

Ross

Offend me? [lol] [lol] Nah - I'd tell you where to stick it if you had. [lol]

It was due to my hard drive dying on me last Thurs afternoon. It was AWFUL!!! I couldn't get on line and I was shaking life a leaf! Luckily I have a friend who's a computer geek - he put in the new one and was actually able to recover most of my stuff (not all of it, but what was lost can be recreated (thankfully). It was a terrible weekend, let me tell you, but I'm MUCH better now. :D

Lynne said:
It was due to my hard drive dying on me last Thurs afternoon. It was AWFUL!!! I couldn't get on line and I was shaking life a leaf! Luckily I have a friend who's a computer geek - he put in the new one and was actually able to recover most of my stuff (not all of it, but what was lost can be recreated (thankfully). It was a terrible weekend, let me tell you, but I'm MUCH better now. :D

I know - it's like going through withdrawal!

And all that stuff that you meant to archive... gonzo. Hmm... Maybe I'll try to see about picking up a tape drive... again. (yeah, right!)

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

I know - it's like going through withdrawal!

And all that stuff that you meant to archive... gonzo. Hmm... Maybe I'll try to see about picking up a tape drive... again. (yeah, right!)

Ross

The only thing I lost that I can't get back is a chapter to the book I'm writing... I can recreate it as I still have my hand written notes (Yes, I actually still write the old way), but it's a pain having to retype it. I had everything else saved, but I hadn't saved that last one as I was still working on it... <sigh> ah well.

Back
Top Bottom