Ice fishing season...a little late but I finally got out.

Snowshoe hare trip canceled. Woods too icy and the dogs are getting cut up. It happens.

Going ice fishing for trout up in Lisbon nh this morning instead. Haven't been up there in years.

I went out with my SO yesterday...12 flags...4 largemouths landed...biggest one ~1.5 lbs... 15"... Nice day to be on the ice! Bright sun and decent temps! (Oh yeah...ice thickness about 9" in Franklin, MA)

Got on the ice in Pittsfield Saturday for a derby, the ice was covered in 5-6" of snow slop, it was a good thing I had my quad with me, everyone would have been miserable walking back and forth in that. Good day otherwise tho, one of the kids with us landed a pretty big pickerel. We stayed out until my 2 year old decided to belly flop into the snow/slush puddle and soak himself completely.

Drove up to lake pearl in Lisbon nh yesterday. It holds some rainbow trout but we didn't land any. All perch and pickerel yesterday. Hit shooters on the way home found some 44 mag and 45acp projectiles for the reloading bench....so that was a win.

Ice fishing In a t shirt and jeans today. 😂
Hmmm...it seemed nice to start..but wind kicked in! Got 2 bass... 12" & 13".... left as it started to rain...I checked radar weather and I thought for SURE it's a wall of rain! Go home...NOTHING...checked radar again...nope...No rain clouds!
:mad: Oh well...I was down to using dead shiners anyway! ;)

Well, I was out on the Ice at Schoodic Lake in Brownville, Me. from the 13th until the 21st fished the whole week and night sets for cusk, Not a damn flag. Even the other guys near us were having the same luck, NONE!!!

Hey Folks, It is called Fishing not, Catching!!!

Hit crystal lake in North Chelmsford this afternoon. Got some perch and pickerel on swedish pimples. I don't usually jig but there's a shiner shortage apparently.
"Crystal Lake" You must be one of those "Townies", And Baptist Pond!! Both blasts from my past. Newfields Pond later Lake Freeman, AKA Crystal lake. Do you remember "Marty's" Bait shop?

Of course I remember Marty's bait shop. Every morning I'd go in there with my dad to get shiners and there would be Louie "ya late ya late." That guy was a good old dude he'd always let me pick out some candy for free. Yes I am a townie and I refuse to call those two ponds by their current names.
That was a cool old shop. I remember when the lake drained as I grew up in Westford. My best friend totaled his 67 Camaro convertible on the turn one night following me in my 79 Camaro. He spun out and was rear ended hard by an eastbound car.

That was a cool old shop. I remember when the lake drained as I grew up in Westford. My best friend totaled his 67 Camaro convertible on the turn one night following me in my 79 Camaro. He spun out and was rear ended hard by an eastbound car.
Then you would remember Chuck's Gun Shop in the Nab area of Rte. 40? I am originally from N. Billerica, We Moved to N. Chelmsford in 1978 after returning home from The Marine Corps.

Then you would remember Chuck's Gun Shop in the Nab area of Rte. 40? I am originally from N. Billerica, We Moved to N. Chelmsford in 1978 after returning home from The Marine Corps.
Chuck’s?? Absolutely.
My very first gun, a NIB .357 came from there before I had my ‘ticket’. My .45 Ser 70 custom came from him that was built for a nearby LEO. I still own it. Bought a bunch of stuff from that garage.
Many would bring Chuck cartons of butts. He died of cancer. Lucky Stikes I think they were.
Bird dogs outside the door.
IIRC his wife was bed ridden?
His nephew on WPD lived across the street. A few of us were his targets. Good guy really, we were punks of that era. Treated us fairly. Never a dick.

Complained about how Shirley cooked his eggs down at Caesars Diner with a crispy edged egg. She just happened to be a very good friends mother.

Ya. I stomped that area kinda well

Chuck’s?? Absolutely.
My very first gun, a NIB .357 came from there before I had my ‘ticket’. My .45 Ser 70 custom came from him that was built for a nearby LEO. I still own it. Bought a bunch of stuff from that garage.
Many would bring Chuck cartons of butts. He died of cancer. Lucky Stikes I think they were.
Bird dogs outside the door.
IIRC his wife was bed ridden?
His nephew on WPD lived across the street. A few of us were his targets. Good guy really, we were punks of that era. Treated us fairly. Never a dick.

Complained about how Shirley cooked his eggs down at Caesars Diner with a crispy edged egg. She just happened to be a very good friends mother.

Ya. I stomped that area kinda well
Yeah, After Chuck died the nephew got the property and reopened the shop as the "Yankee Sportsman" after a few years he found that it put a damper on his hunting and snowmobiling, and closed it. He has since retired from WPD and is now living in Pittsburgh, NH. and on the the NH Marine Patrol.

Yeah, After Chuck died the nephew got the property and reopened the shop as the "Yankee Sportsman" after a few years he found that it put a damper on his hunting and snowmobiling, and closed it. He has since retired from WPD and is now living in Pittsburgh, NH. and on the the NH Marine Patrol.
Correct but I didn’t know Mike joined NH.

Fished Lovell Lake for the Wakefield NH Rec Dept derby yesterday. Only pulled one smallmouth up all day but a buddy won almost $300.00 in the 50/50 raffle. They ran a great derby. Tons of door prizes, all quality stuff. Will definitely make this an annual thing...

Made it out today in the berkshires. Six pickerel, one crappie, one pumpkinseed between the three of us. The ice was plenty safe but very slick. I forgot my cleats, and the wind was challenging. Probably the last day of the season for me but I hope I'm wrong.

I know some guys have already been out for hard water season but the lakes in the Merrimac Valley took awhile before I trusted the ice. Got out yesterday on 7 inches on millvale in haverhill.
My son headed back to college today so took half day off yesterday and went out for a few hours in the afternoon. Slow day.....5 flags 2 fish....small bass and small pickerel. Weather looks good this week to put on enough ice for the bigger bodies of water for some Sunday fishing

First ice fish of the season.

View attachment 441846
Nice catch

Bringing this back up cause it’s summer, I’m home and bored this weekend.
Was able to score a XL Legend jacket yesterday but pop up shelters are still unavailable.

Got drunk and ordered one on Amazon. 8ftx8ft insulated CLAM. f*** it, ice fishing in style this winter!
I was looking at that. Sadly I only saw an Eskimo 4 person and a double unit of 8-10 last year and was impressed by them.
I know Clam has been around for a while and maybe had something to do with Ice Armor.
Id love to touchy-feely one before plunking down the coins but may end up just like you and saying F it!! I’d also like not to do “without” and not get anything as we all know getting much of anything these days is hit or miss.

I’m still waiting on a new kitchen fridge from Feb.
BTW there should be a drunk reason for returning items to the vendor. [rofl]

Took the kids out last Sunday about. 4” on the pond at the sportsman’s club checked a few other spots in town and ice wasn’t safe. I am sure a lot of ponds made some ice this week.
Decent day of fishing enough flags to keep kids interested some perch and a bunch of slime darts
View attachment 441850
Good way to lose an eye.

I was looking at that. Sadly I only saw an Eskimo 4 person and a double unit of 8-10 last year and was impressed by them.
I know Clam has been around for a while and maybe had something to do with Ice Armor.
Id love to touchy-feely one before plunking down the coins but may end up just like you and saying F it!! I’d also like not to do “without” and not get anything as we all know getting much of anything these days is hit or miss.

I’m still waiting on a new kitchen fridge from Feb.
BTW there should be a drunk reason for returning items to the vendor. [rofl]
Yeah, I tried to find one too late last year and my 2 year old made being on the ice without a shelter tough. I made up my mind that this summer I would buy one once I came across one big enough to put a cot in.

As far as a I was drunk and want to return something I bought, don't. Be a man.

Yeah, I tried to find one too late last year and my 2 year old made being on the ice without a shelter tough. I made up my mind that this summer I would buy one once I came across one big enough to put a cot in.

As far as a I was drunk and want to return something I bought, don't. Be a man.
My last BWD was a 600.00 flag pole on a Sunday. Don’t need THAT pole.

My last BWD was a 600.00 flag pole on a Sunday. Don’t need THAT pole.
That is excellent. [rofl]

My days at sea were the worst. I would pull in and head to a bar for 12 hours, often by myself, and buy everything from my phone. I would come home to a pile of shit I didn't even remember buying. [laugh]

Bringing this back up cause it’s summer, I’m home and bored this weekend.
Was able to score a XL Legend jacket yesterday but pop up shelters are still unavailable.
Updated:

Order canceled.

Should have known better not to realize that the vendor didn’t have it in stock like every other store including Eskimo themselves. Back to square one.

Back
Top Bottom