Ice fishing boots

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a new pair of boots this year for ice fishing. I currently have Mickey Mouse boots that are warm but they are heavy as hell and sprung a leak late last season so I am looking for recommendations on a warm waterproof boot. Would like to spend in the 100 to 200 range.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I wear my hunting boots. Field and stream rubber boots,1000g thinsulate with a nice pair of socks.
This will be my second year with them, and no problems or leaks yet. Only about a hondo.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wear a pair from and by cabelas, pac boots(trans Alaska 3) they are so warm, waterproof, and keep me dry all day. I also just ordered a pair or MUCK boots for hunting they have great reviwes, so i figured id give them a try, they arnt cheap but you get what you pay for.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a pair of soreles (sp?)
Warm as hell and the large HT creepers at dicks fit the perfect. Also I put some 3/8 hex head self tapping screws in the heel and toe tread for extra traction and they are thick enough not to penetrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newtron

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was thinking about the Muck boots but I was wondering how hard are they to get on/off? The Cabelas look heavy.
Mine slip on and off easily, and they aren't very heavy; I can wear them all day. Very comfortable, too.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Any well insulated, waterproof boot plus the added heat from a pair of those chemical, air or shake activated toe warmers. Toasty Toes is one brand.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Also I put some 3/8 hex head self tapping screws in the heel and toe tread for extra traction
I did that too with my Mickey Mouse boots, it makes a huge difference.
Yeah, the boots are heavy, but you can stand on the ice all day long and the cold never penetrates through the sole.
Also, we ride our sleds and ATV's out to the Bobhouse site, so we're not really doing a lot of walking around.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
they are heavy, but if your not planning on playing flag football on the ice they will be the best ice boots you ever own. i dont even worry about my feet getting cold anymore, with those trans alaska 3 i have to shed everyother piece of clothing i have on becasue when your feet are warm, your warm. no sweat or moisture at all in the boot. ive had them 2 years and only wear ice fishing no defects no falling apart, ive had no problems. the liners are replaceable for 30 bucks. If you go with any of these boots mentioned here you sould be good to go.

And i have to steal this quote from another member(forgot who) "pay once cry once" you get what you pay for"

I will give a review of the mucks i just ordered when they come in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Mickey boots already looking to move on to something else. Couldn't fit creepers on them either. Good price thought but heavy as hell if you do a lot of moving.

With the temperatures the way they've been the season may be a short one. I remember last year people in my area on ice before Christmas.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It looks like those Kamik icebreaker boots are sold out of everything but size 3.... The Kamik Hunter boots seem to be basically the same thing though so I might get a pair of those.

I used my hunting boots last season and I wasn't real happy. They are waterproof but have a leather exterior (Wolverine brand, don't know the model). In slushy conditions the leather would absorb lots of water which I think made the boots get colder than they normally would. They are good boots, just not for sitting in deep snow/slush.

Most everyone I talk to is just tickled by this "indian summer".... I hate it... I'd rather have decent tracking snow and frozen ponds [thinking]

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Sorels with no socks. Seriously, socks restrict blood flow. Throw some of those foot warmer packets in your boots and throw some brandy and beef stew in yourself.

Top Bottom