ICE CREAM!..What's best brand/shop/stand/etc?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Unfortunately. Crescent ridge nolonger. Makes their own. Switched to bliss with there recipes. There best was coffee fudge and. Frozen pudding.

Peasefull meadow s has gone downhill in the last couple of months....
Bernie
Noooooo!!!! and NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm going to have to do recon at PM. Haven't been since last year.

Flint farm in Mansfield, think they serve richardsons.
Good place. Always crowded. Parking sucks. Mansfieldites are d-bags in general. You get an orientation when you move into town. [rofl]

Somerset is good if you want DENSE ice-cream. I know Roger's nephew. Says they reduce the amount of air bubbles in it to increase the denseness. It tastes good, but too dense for me. LOL

Back when I was a yowen, I went to the ORIGINAL Sundae School in Dennisport. Not the current location (that everyone ASSUMES is the original). They rented space in an old house/storefront down the street next to the mini-golf place.

If you go - all of those syrup pumps - used to work 40 years ago. It was a rare treat in the late 70's to watch someone make a rootbeer float from absolute scratch. They used to make their own ice-cream back then. Not sure if they do now. It's a wonder I'm not 300lbs and diabetic for all the ice-cream we ate while on a 2-week vacation annually. Like an entire hot fudge sundae every night. EVERY night.

jar

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Oh, how the heck did I forget New City Microcreamery in Hudson, MA. Their ice cream is fantastic and they have a ton of flavors that change regularly. Some can be kinda out there, but they'll give you a sample spoon of anything you want to try. They also have a speakeasy with excellent cocktails.

Arto

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erikson's in Maynard/Stow Line on 117 - on the may home from matches at Riverside :)

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Anyone been to Memories in Kingston (Kingwood, Kingsomething?) NH??? I haven't been there since right after they opened 20 or so years ago. I recall it was damned cheap and a small was something like 3Q of icecream. It was pretty funny to try and eat it all. LOL

1903Collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
In My area Somerset Creamery and Simcock Farms are probably two of the best, Simcock is nuts on a warm summer night and they got beasties for the kids to feed. When I was a kid Grey's ice cream in Rhode Island was huge around here but I don't know if they're still in business any more.

bfm

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lot of good places here. I will often run to Kimballs in Carlisle.

Melt in Salem MA is also very good. Next to Boston Hotdog.

I miss Steve's in Davis Sq.

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not that this is of much help, but for "chain store" icecream I used to love Brigham's. I don't even know if there ARE any Brighams', anymore.

Dairy Dome in Stoneham (a former Colonial Beacon gas station) used to be excellent but I have not been there in a long time. Their ice cream used be home made on the premises (they called it "dome made") but I don't know if this is the case anymore.
Closed and site is for sale

quincy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best icecream I've had recently was from crescent ridge dairy in Sharon. They make their own from their own milk

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk
Pretty sure they now buy it from Richardson's. I've had my share of banana boats there. It's Served with cardboard box tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Blake's Boston Blackout is the best chocolate ice cream I have had in a long long long time.
http://www.blakesicecream.com/2017-...spx?redirect_referrer=https://www.google.com/
For those of you who are Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge brownie fans, you MUST try Blakes.
I'm not much on ice cream at all, but I flipped when I tried this stuff.
This is correct... Blake's is indeed the best ice cream in the world. And, the best frozen yogurt (that's what I have to have due to my personal issues with lactose). Sadly, the only known reseller of the ice cream, Tyler's in Jaffrey, closed down this year and didn't reopen. Manchester is a bit far. I am still in mourning of the loss of this ice cream stand.

I tried Charlie's up in Peterborough, out of desperation. He's a nice guy and I wish him all the best. But, his frozen yogurt just wasn't the same.

[crying]

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was a kid, my father took me to an ice cream place in Merrimack NH, right near the Budweiser Brewery (Rte. 3A?) if I recall right. It was a little shack with just a couple of homemade plywood booths that had bench seats with big "wing" sides.

Years later, but still probably 25 years ago, I drove by it and it was abandoned. I looked inside and those peculiar plywood "booths" that I remembered from when I was a kid were still there.

It's probably a mall or apartments now.

Anyone remember what this place was called? I think my Dad told me they made their own icecream there. I'll have to check and see if he remembers the name.....
DW Highway (aka old rt. 3, vs. Everett Turnpike with is the new highway Rt 3), right near Budweiser has old school King Kone, still in business.

Cap'n Mike

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richardson's Almond Joy is my favorite.

For those of you that are nostalgic for Brigham's, The Ice Cream Parlour, on Beale St in the Wallaston section of Quincy was the last Brigham's Independent, and was forced to take down all the Brighams signs in 2013, but otherwise looks is the same as it did 30 years ago.

lupis42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Oh, how the heck did I forget New City Microcreamery in Hudson, MA. Their ice cream is fantastic and they have a ton of flavors that change regularly. Some can be kinda out there, but they'll give you a sample spoon of anything you want to try. They also have a speakeasy with excellent cocktails.
Seconded on New City! I am very glad it's such a long walk, or I'd be in there every night.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I really miss Bailey's as well. Really had to get the whole sundae though. The fudge was the thing there.
Don't remind me.

Some idiot has the recipe for that hot fudge and is NOT sharing it with the rest of the world. Hands down the best hot fudge ever conceived of by man. Remember it dripping down the metal (METAL!) sundae cups and pooling in the attached saucer??? I loved Bailey's. People say, "Well there's Brigham's." Yeahno! Not even close to the same thing.

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In the interest of making this an all inclusive list, there's Bedford Farms on North Rd. Bedford MA. They no longer make their own, but their locally sourced ice cream is tasty.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Here's a recipe for Bailey's Hot Fudge Sauce - Employee Directions from Food.com:

http://www.food.com/recipe/baileys-hot-fudge-sauce-employee-directions-484185?nl=email_share

Don't remind me.

Some idiot has the recipe for that hot fudge and is NOT sharing it with the rest of the world. Hands down the best hot fudge ever conceived of by man. Remember it dripping down the metal (METAL!) sundae cups and pooling in the attached saucer??? I loved Bailey's. People say, "Well there's Brigham's." Yeahno! Not even close to the same thing.

1st4040

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
when I take the family for ice cream its to Country Whip in Acushnet Ma. the coffee/black raspberry soft twist is our favorite summer treat!! Have not had this combo anywhere else I've been and I've been going there for 30 years for just that

Top Bottom