• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ICE agent sues Sig Sauer for $10M over 320 shooting himself in the leg

I read somewhere that statistics show that law enforcement have more negligent firearm discharges than civilians per gun owning capita. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true.
Well this is true we should also make note of the fact that the sample rate is functionally higher.... you have this pool of cops that basically carry a loaded gun on duty every day for X hours a shift. Meanwhile on the other side of the fence the non badged daily carry rate, while increasing, is still very minimal compared to the number of gun owners. Most gun owners in the US keep their shit stored and out of use most of the time unless for some purpose driven exercise. It's easier to point to john fudd being safer than john law. John fudd isn't touching his guns nearly as much.

would like to see acomparison of LE negilgent discharges/100K versus civilian daily carriers negligent discharges/100K .
Yeah but... who would report a ND that didn't have to? ie: that didn't shoot someone.
Those figures will never be available with any type of accuracy.

Funny how I never hear about this happening with 1911's. Every time I read about some idjit shooting themselves in the leg it's with a Sig or Glock. Not saying it never happens, just never hear about it. So much for the 1911 being outdated and obsolete. [banana]

Funny how I never hear about this happening with 1911's. Every time I read about some idjit shooting themselves in the leg it's with a Sig or Glock. Not saying it never happens, just never hear about it. So much for the 1911 being outdated and obsolete. [banana]

Wonder if it has to do with the fact that Modern striker guns might as well be single action, but without manual safeties. Especially bc every year they're coming out with lighter and crisper triggers.
Some of those Walther PPQs and Canik triggers are just too light for me to carry. Range fun yes 👍

Actually.. this guy shot himself with a 1911

If you really dive into the p320 trigger mechanism and striker safety you can see that there isn't a situation how this could occur.

Lol... One of the most famous ND videos on the internet involves a 1911. (Tex's video just cited). There's also a locally famous gunshop ND involving a 1911 likely not far from where you reside. But i guess because that guy shot his hand and not his leg, its worth less points? [laugh]

The installed user base of people carrying 1911s is basically nothing, too. It’s probably less than 5% of all carry guns, by major action type. There are likely more people carrying revolvers right now than 1911s.

Signed, a guy who used to carry colt officer’s mods. Well, and a Delta Elite, too.

Wonder if it has to do with the fact that Modern striker guns might as well be single action, but without manual safeties. Especially bc every year they're coming out with lighter and crisper triggers.
Some of those Walther PPQs and Canik triggers are just too light for me to carry. Range fun yes 👍
Installed user base. There are easily exponentially more striker guns being carried in the US vs any othee type of handgun. 1911s i would be shocked if it was more than low single digit %....

Lol... One of the most famous ND videos on the internet involves a 1911. (Tex's video just cited). There's also a locally famous gunshop ND involving a 1911 likely not far from where you reside. But i guess because that guy shot his hand and not his leg, its worth less points? [laugh]

The installed user base of people carrying 1911s is basically nothing, too. It’s probably less than 5% of all carry guns, by major action type. There are likely more people carrying revolvers right now than 1911s.

Signed, a guy who used to carry colt officer’s mods. Well, and a Delta Elite, too.

Installed user base. There are easily exponentially more striker guns being carried in the US vs any othee type of handgun. 1911s i would be shocked if it was more than low single digit %....
Oh, a heretic.[laugh2]

Anyone know if there was more than the one case against Sig that they settled?

It's easier to point to john fudd being safer than john law. John fudd isn't touching his guns nearly as much.
I always carry. Probably way more than your average LEO. And I usually clean my carry gun every two weeks or so, because IWB guns tend to accumulate lint and such, especially in cold weather when you wear sweaters and flannels etc. But i am sure you are right, most civilian gun owners probably don't carry all that often.
Wasn't there a thread about this once? Curious how often most gun owners carry.
I just don’t understand a $10 million figure? How is his leg worth $10 million if he didn’t even lose it?
I figure the idea is to aim high and let them talk you down.

This guy is claiming that he grabbed the grip and the gun went off? Why wouldn't it have gone off in the holster? Dumbass.

I just don’t understand a $10 million figure? How is his leg worth $10 million if he didn’t even lose it?
A lot of this depends on where it happened. In liberal states there is a good chance of a multi million dollar settlement. In more consevertative states juries tend to not make that kind of award. I sued the person responsible (along with the employer) for several million. What I received (Which cannot be disclosed.) was enough to repay the hospital 1 M. +, and enough to have me and my family comfortable well beyond my possible lifetime.

Advice; If you ever find yourself with a judgement in your favor or settlement purchase an annuity and have it paid out into a family trust. Depending on how things are structured it's possible to double your money.

If you need a really good personal injury lawyer in NH PM me, I had a good one.

A lot of this depends on where it happened. In liberal states there is a good chance of a multi million dollar settlement. In more consevertative states juries tend to not make that kind of award. I sued the person responsible (along with the employer) for several million. What I received (Which cannot be disclosed.) was enough to repay the hospital 1 M. +, and enough to have me and my family comfortable well beyond my possible lifetime.

Advice; If you ever find yourself with a judgement in your favor or settlement purchase an annuity and have it paid out into a family trust. Depending on how things are structured it's possible to double your money.

If you need a really good personal injury lawyer in NH PM me, I had a good one.
The only time I’ve ever sued anybody I was upset.

But I really should do is start sueing doctors..

You finally go down there after 17 years… because you can’t walk and by the time you leave, you can’t hear or see.

I’d settle for 20 bucks in a pack of smokes

The only time I’ve ever sued anybody I was upset.

But I really should do is start sueing doctors..

You finally go down there after 17 years… because you can’t walk and by the time you leave, you can’t hear or see.

I’d settle for 20 bucks in a pack of smokes
fetchimage

Back
Top Bottom