I would like to try the new S&W Bodyguard 380

I've already been bitten more than once by buying a gun without shooting it first only to realize that I hate it. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I've had my eye on the S&W Bodyguard 380 for some time and now that that it is finally available in the Mass, I would like to get it. However, I had an opportunity to fondle one over at First Defense Firearms and I am concerned that the grip will be too short for me to comfortably shoot the gun.

Is there anyone around Central Mass who has one and would be willing to let me shoot it? I will bring my own ammo and give you a few $$$ for your generosity.

Thanks

If nothing works out call S&W performance center and see if there renting yet...its a nice place plus you central/eastern'ers never come out to see the other side of the state, most think we don't exist ...!

I'm the same way. My pinky sits under the magazine. I didn't find it to hinder my ability to shoot it. It just feels different compared to being able to get a full grip on my other pistols. I was concerned when I first held it, but once I test shot it I knew it would be OK. Let us know how it goes!

A few weeks back I was at S+W and they did not have any bodyguards to try. They said it would be a long while before they had any for people to try.

I was at the S&W Shooting Sports Center this afternoon - no BG380's in the range gun case or in the retail case. They sell as quickly as they arrive. S&W sells them for $ 379.00.

My wife has a new BG380. It's a nice little gun. I like the last shot slide lock, manual safety, etc. The DAO trigger is not bad - in fact far better than I expected. The relatively low bore axis moderates recoil, and the short grip doesn't seem to hamper control.

The latest version of the gun has a ridge around the laser activation buttons.

XS sights has just released their 24/7 Big Dot night sights for the BG380, but they're already sold out. My old eyes need something that can be seen better.

I'll probably buy one myself.

Not in Central MA, but if you want to meet me at HSC some weekend you can shoot mine. PM me if you find yourself out this way.

Back
Top Bottom