• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I wonder who would sell a Milsurp to Cabelas Gun Library?

Cabelas had all 30 of them priced at $650 when I called the other day and spoke with a manager. They're roughly $340ish online on various websites I looked at. I didn't even bother arguing with the guy when he said "650 is a good price for these surplus guns. You're getting a deal." I just laughed at him, and hung up the phone.

$340? Maybe for a beater. $650 is not unreasonable for a K31 depending upon condition. Check Gunbroker closed and actually sold auctions. On average they will probably be higher than $650 unless a rough example. They have not been selling for anything close to $340 for a long time. Perhaps a K11 might.

That said, one particular manager was only willing to offer me a ridiculously low price, even for trade-in. I understand making a margin, but offering 1/3 to 1/4 of intended retail price reeks of snake oil.

When I was last looking several months back $500-$600 was the going rate for a K31. Like many milsurps, they've gone up quite a bit. If you find one in stock for good shape at $340, I'd say go for it. GB prices at that time were $500-$700 depending on condition. In the thread we had in June, $500 was considered a good price.

Condition price ?

Stopped by over lunch. Over 20 older rifles, a mix of K11's and 1898's. Approx 9 K31's. Fairly typical condition for decent shooter grade stuff. Billboards were not obnoxious but present on a small flat next to the 'bolts'. The bores l looked at seemed slightly dark but shiny and had decent rifling. Some dings around the crowns. Serial numbers ranged from starting with a 5 to later year starting with a 9. Stocks covered in dings but not terrible condition. No dog-chewed butt stocks. There is one earlier serial number K31 with a very dark walnut stock that has excellent figure. If I didn't already have a better one I would buy it. Lots of pressure dings, however.

I'd say the K31 price is about $50 to $100 high for what they are. Not shocking considering it's Cabelas and not a terrible deal once you consider shipping and transfer fees. The 1898's and K11's are also priced $650, which is ridiculous IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom