I wonder if the Mall of America

I'm sure that they do. Most all the malls in the US have corporate policies of no guns/weapons. It really works great too! NOT!

I've never seen a sign at any malls in Massachusetts that I've been to.

They are usually at the Mall entrances . . . it is part of a large sign about no skate-boarding/roller-skating/cow-tipping [smile]/etc. in the mall. NO such signs at the anchor store entrances however.

Simon Malls has it as a corporate policy. My BIL used to manage a number of their malls years ago.

I never pay attention actually...i was in the mall of america a few months ago. been there before but obviously being out of state working wasnt concerned about ccw. Glad this guy went after the POS who robbed him but he was outnumbered by a set up. That mugshot of that beast and her 27 names sickens me...hope they rot

They are usually at the Mall entrances . . . it is part of a large sign about no skate-boarding/roller-skating/cow-tipping [smile]/etc. in the mall. NO such signs at the anchor store entrances however.

Simon Malls has it as a corporate policy. My BIL used to manage a number of their malls years ago.

Hmm I've been to the mall thousands of times I have never seen them. Are you SURE you have seen them. Wink wink nudge nudge

When Andrew went after him, he was tackled by two teenage girls – aged 18 and 17 — one of which began beating him with a billy club. During the attack, they told Andrew, “We’re going to kill you,” police say.

Andrew was left with a large gash on his head that required nine stitches. He has since been released from the hospital.
I know the guy is 63, but getting beat up by 2 teenaged girls? And he admitted to it?

I would drop all charges......

I would then become very patient........

Law Abiding Citizen, real life style, would then ensue.......

- - - Updated - - -

I know the guy is 63, but getting beat up by 2 teenaged girls? And he admitted to it?

Pretty sure if I knock you down, and club you like a baby seal, it doesn't matter how old or big I am.

Mall of America reportedly did for a while, however, when I was out there a couple of years ago there was no such sign.

Signs in MN have the force of law, however, the penalty for violating such a sign is a maximum $25 fine, no loss of carry permit, and the law specifically states forfeiture of the weapon may not be applied as part of the penalty.

I recently noticed that Northshore mall has a no weapons clause in the Code of Conduct posted near the doors.

Same thing with the Silver City Galleria. IIRC, it's written as "No illegal weapons or firearms", and it's alongside rules like "No swearing", "No Running" etc.

Same thing with the Silver City Galleria. IIRC, it's written as "No illegal weapons or firearms", and it's alongside rules like "No swearing", "No Running" etc.
Parsing ambiguity

"(No illegal weapons) or (firearms)" or "No illegal (weapons or firearms)".

If a kennel had a sign "No unvaccinated dogs or cats" would you assume the banned unvaccinated dogs and all cats, or unvaccinated dogs and unvaccinated cats?

Last edited:
Parsing ambiguity

"(No illegal weapons) or (firearms)" or "No illegal (weapons or firearms)".

If a kennel had a sign "No unvaccinated dogs or cats" would you assume the banned unvaccinated dogs and all cats, or unfaccinated dogs and unvaccinated cats?

It's irrelevant since it's not binding in MA. Since there's a Dick's Sporting Goods in the mall, it's a fair assumption that it means legal firearms are ok. I think it's more of a "cover your ass" type thing. If something happens, the mall says "We have a rule saying what he was doing is not allowed."

I recently noticed that Northshore mall has a no weapons clause in the Code of Conduct posted near the doors.
Wouldn't stand up in court. The court would have to 'prove' you saw the sign, understood it's message AND knowingly brought a firearm onto the premises. Given that, in MA, you'd lose your LTC due to suitability BS.....

So, you carry into the mall and a rent-a-cop sees you. What's the worse thing to happen? They ask you to leave.

So, you carry into the mall and a rent-a-cop sees you. What's the worse thing to happen? They ask you to leave.

If he "sees me" I might say hi or just keep walking. Unless he's Superman with x-ray vision he won't see a gun. People overthink this much too much. I've been in the presence of probably 600 real cops while carrying at various times and not once has anyone said anything or saw anything. Only once did a LEO indicate that he might have thought I was carrying . . . it was a MA SP Captain that I had stopped to talk with after 9/11 on the "oval" at the Hatch Shell (might have been July 4th) and only because I was wearing a Coronado belly bag (gun bag) at that time (no longer use it) . . . and his only comment was "keep your eyes open"! [So he was obviously real concerned about me . . . NOT!]

And mall cops aren't trained nearly as well as real cops.

Wouldn't stand up in court. The court would have to 'prove' you saw the sign, understood it's message AND knowingly brought a firearm onto the premises. Given that, in MA, you'd lose your LTC due to suitability BS.....

Even it if could be proven, a conviction would be unlikely as the concept of conditional trespass based on violation of a rule does not exist in MA (citations to the contrary welcome). If it did, a facility could criminalize ANY behavior by simply saying "these are our rules, any violation is criminal trespass".

The chances of anything happening other than "he has a valid license to carry" to someone with an unrestricted LTC-A who behaves politely, and honors any request to leave without copping an attitude, is slim - with the chances being a bit greater is the incident happens in the town where the LTC was issued.

Back
Top Bottom