• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I wish.......

MSA supreme pro earmuffs are the best I have ever used. They are relatively light, comfortable, nice and thin to allow a good cheek weld, and they have an auxiliary input. You can get them from midwayusa for a little under $300.

Last edited:
Peltor has a set with Bluetooth. Can be used with a cell phone or . . . whatever you have that is Bluetooth. Very pricey however.

I will second the Ear Muff w/ ear-bud recommendation (or maybe it's third or fourth?)

There are some insertable ear-buds that offer noise reduction in the mid 20dB on thier own. Combined with a mid-30dB ear muff, these make for very effective noise canceallation, plus you can wear them when you're not at the range.

Again, keep one ear clear so you can hear the range officer in case of any issues.

This also works well with a radio ear-bug and a hip mounted radio to allow you to talk to your companions more easily around the ear muffs. I've used that set-up for a spotter / shooter set-up while wearing ear protection.

We modified a bunch of ICS plugs to go into diskmans in the Navy. It was pretty cool to launch aircraft to Hendrix playing Voodoo Child.

Get caught with that setup on the flightdeck, and you're going to see the old man though.

Guns deserve your undivided attention. I'm not to crazy about the idea of listening to any thing else but the gun firing. I don't think that a very safe thing to do. I think it's to much of a distraction.

Evidently a lot of people have ever never fired a squib round. If your listening to the Bee Gees, you wouldn't hear the difference in the report and be able to stop firing in time.

You really have to be 100% aware of what your doing and what's going on around you. It's your responsibility to ensure your safety and those around you.

Guns deserve your undivided attention. I'm not to crazy about the idea of listening to any thing else but the gun firing. I don't think that a very safe thing to do. I think it's to much of a distraction.

Evidently a lot of people have ever never fired a squib round. If your listening to the Bee Gees, you wouldn't hear the difference in the report and be able to stop firing in time.

You really have to be 100% aware of what your doing and what's going on around you. It's your responsibility to ensure your safety and those around you.

I agree with that one!!

My hubby has a pair of these-
1746366lg.gif
From HERE like was already mentioned in this thread. I have to say these things are really tough. They have been left out overnight (I think even rained on), dropped innumerable times, played with by my kids, they just keep on going.

But like the other person said, these are great for some things but I don't think shooting, for safety reasons. Also I know of at least one gun range that is basically a concrete bunker underground- that would be useless there, no reception! [laugh]

+6 Excellent points!

I want to know what others around me are doing too, just in case there are potential safety issues (like yahoos pointing guns all over the place, someone else has a jam, etc.) in addition to Bugs excellent comments.

Back
Top Bottom