I wish I was back in the Army tonight.....

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
So I could have a Chaplain to talk to.......

I miss those Army Chaplains.....they could be any denomination...but they listened to me and helped me get through shit.

Now I am going through some rough shit..... and I wish I could call the Chaplain again...

We don't know each other, Sky, and I sure as hell am no chaplain, but if you ever need someone just to shut up and listen without being judgmental, let me know. I'll always make time for a veteran and fellow NES member.

Would a Navy chaplin work? I should be able to get a number tomororw. IM/reply if you are interested.

So I could have a Chaplain to talk to.......

I miss those Army Chaplains.....they could be any denomination...but they listened to me and helped me get through shit.

Now I am going through some rough shit..... and I wish I could call the Chaplain again...

Sorry to hear it. We are all here to help. You just need to let us know as we a re all here for you.

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

You've got plenty of people here to fall back on. Some you may have meant, most that you have not [yet].

Mark

Well, you've got plenty of friends that are willing to help you here.

You can take it to the bank that I won't turn my back on a fellow vet. So, if I can help, let me.

As to finding a Chaplain, try asking your local Guard unit, or the state JFHQ. I'll wager they can put you in contact with a Chaplain that's also a preacher/priest/rabbi.

Well, you've got plenty of friends that are willing to help you here.

You can take it to the bank that I won't turn my back on a fellow vet. So, if I can help, let me.

As to finding a Chaplain, try asking your local Guard unit, or the state JFHQ. I'll wager they can put you in contact with a Chaplain that's also a preacher/priest/rabbi.

Or call Martlet.

Good point. I forgot to mention you, sorry about that.

Yup, contact Martlet is actually a good way to find a Chaplain in Mass. For VT, I would be the choice.

Why? We are, or have been full time Guard. So, we can easily know hook you up, or know who to call.

Marlet, ask Ross (dwarven1) what I look like these days. Long hair, and a full beard.

My FD Chaplain is a hell of a guy and would love chatting with you. If interested, pm me and ill give you his contact info.

Sounds like a lot of people are willing to step up and help. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of their support.

I'm not a vet but my buddy is and is currently in the VA Hospital. Last time I was there the chaplain saw me leaving and weeping he pulled me aside and just let me talk. It was a very settling for me. I'm glad he took the time and I actually spoke to him because it made me feel much better. Anyway I'm sure if you stopped in your local VA Hospital the chaplain would be happy to talk/listen. JMHO

Nope, retired.

I cut it short (relatively) for 39 1/2 years, and kept my beard shaved off for most of that (except for a couple of 1-2 month stretches in the early 80's).

I retired, no need to cut the hair, nor kept my face shaved, so I didn't.

I'm still not even close to being a liberal idiot, though. Just as conservative, and pro-Constitution as ever. Pro-freedom and back the troops too.

By the way, I took that in good humor, laughed about it.

Last edited:
Nope, retired.

I cut it short (relatively) for 39 1/2 years, and kept my beard shaved off for most of that (except for a couple of 1-2 month stretches in the early 80's).

I retired, no need to cut the hair, nor kept my face shaved, so I didn't.

I'm still not even close to being a liberal idiot, though. Just as conservative, and pro-Constitution as ever. Pro-freedom and back the troops too.

By the way, I took that in good humor, laughed about it.

Good, because hopefully (knowing me personally) you realized I was joking. Jealousy, mostly.

I don't think you were joking, I KNEW you were.

Well, I'm older than you, and I was a Technician. You're still AGR, right?

If so, you'll retire younger than I did.

That said, I draw my retired civil service pay, and next fall (at 60), I'll draw my military retired pay. Now, unlike almost everybody, I've got a lot of points. So, they come out to the equivalent of 16 years of active duty. My military retired pay is going to exceed my civil service retired pay by a few hundred bucks a month.

The bottom line? Around $50k a year, gross, for both.

Back
Top Bottom