• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"I was wrong" - says Gabriel Gomez in Globe Article

76878-DontblamemeIvotedforKodos

Which office is he running for?

Whichever one he can get.

So much arrogance from this a-hole. Really? I'm too stupid to figure out how to safely handle an AR15 on my own? The only way I could possibly figure it out is with .gov training?

Desperate pandering in an attempt to remain relevant. Poor dumb bastard. In any other state he'd probably succeed as a moderate Democrat. His "example" about his SEAL brethren uses terms right out if the gun control dictionary.

Did he really write that? Do SEALs use the term high capacity magazine clip?

I was unaware that there were special handling skills and training required to operate high capacity magazine clips that aren't required for a ten round magazine clip. My ignorance of this fact illustrates why I should not be allowed to have them. When I get home I'm going to line them up in the driveway and back over them before they hurt anyone. I'm not even going to risk unloading them first.

Ya my thoughts exactly, beyond the other may reasons this is just plain stupid

What dose the capacity of a mag have anything to do with someones competency or ability to safly use a firearm,

With that said, what special firearm safty training did he get as a SEAL, that i as a civilian could not possibly have received,

i dont like to point fingers but i know alot of people have seen some realy bad habbits from military and police in regards to handling firearms, so what am i missing, what do they know that i dont?

133 posts and where is the guy that is always yelling at us to vote Republican? He must always miss these articles. Someone PM him a link!

He was dead to me when he wrote the letter begging for Kerry's old job and said that he would support the Fuhrer's gun control policy, then back pedaled when called on it.

He is a slimy, two faced, fork tongued, lying scum bag. If he is on the ballot I will write in Mickey Mouse
Very well said. That crazy Gomez bastard seems to be on a one-man personal mission to embarrass and/or permanently destroy the Republican party in Massachusetts, which is already on its knees after Brown turned nutty libtard on the very people who elected him.

I'd like to think that if Gomez hadn't played the Hispanic card that someone else much more honest and respectable would have been the Republican nominee. The filthy corrupt gun-grabbing Dems must be laughing their asses off at this lunacy.

It would be cool if some of his fellow SEALs came out and publicly trashed him for this crap. There must be some that would be more than happy to. Anybody have any connections?

What a piece of shit.

He just posted to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/GomezforMA?hc_location=stream

I proudly stand by my op-ed. For the armchair critics, suggest they focus on last paragraph. Our country deserves better and it's better than our politics.

His last paragraph reads:
To the professional political critics, I simply offer this: volunteer for the Navy or for the other armed services, successfully go through SEAL or other special forces training. Then you will be fully qualified and prepared to fire as many assault weapons with unlimited high capacity magazines as you desire.

What. A. Douche.

I left him this link: The Second Amendment: The Framers' Intentions

Re: "I was wrong"

He responded to my fb message basically along the lines of they are my personal beliefs and many think this is political suicide...

I didnt see that last message.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Please change the title of the thread - so more people pay attention to this.

I'm sick of listening to all of the idiots who claim that Republicans are going to come save us - and I want to make sure they see this thread and are stupid enough to make a comment - so I can kick them in the nuts.

Are you surprised? He wants to hold public office here. He'll never get elected if he doesn't support an AWB.

So he is also saying that we are apparently too inept to use semi auto firearms of any kind by his statement. What a jackass.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

"volunteer for the Navy or for the other armed services, successfully go through SEAL or other special forces training. Then you will be fully qualified and prepared to fire as many assault weapons with unlimited high capacity magazines as you desire."

What a moron! The closing sentence truly shows what an idiot he is.....So if someone goes through military training but not SEAL or SF training are they are not qualified to "fire as many assault weapons...as they desire"? He uses the word "fire" rather than "own" or "possess"....WTF is he talking about? Not to dwell, but based on his logic it would be okay for his neighbor who was a retired SF/GB to own the evil black rifle but not his other neighbor who is a former 11B? Oh, I see....only those who are special like him should be allowed to do this. He's special...just like BHO and all the other self absorbed elites.....

It's amazing that someone can go through the USNA and Harvard and still be such an idiot.....[puke]

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone see what kind of comments he getting on the Globe?
I don't want to log and pay the POS to see or leave comments..........

Why does this amaze you? The military is basically the police arm of the government - when it comes right down to it - why would they hold any different views than the bulk of the people who are running the government?

Some of the most idiotic raging liberals I've ever met - were all in the military at one point or another.

Why does this amaze you? The military is basically the police arm of the government - when it comes right down to it - why would they hold any different views than the bulk of the people who are running the government?

Some of the most idiotic raging liberals I've ever met - were all in the military at one point or another.

There is a big difference between the rank and file military and the senior officer corps which are basically just politicians. Don't be so quick to lump them all in the same category. Wesley Clark and Colon Powell are perfect examples of progressive thought in the General officer corps.

And of course presidents using the military as their own social experiment hasn't helped.

Didn't see any seals in Iraq and the Stan. Only army and marines. I am not shitting on the special ops guys but wtf you asshat. Just because you are a seal does not make a expert on the second amendment. I hate the mentality that were special ops and we know best. Bullshit. The regular troops certainly did their part with less pay and recondition. All I hear was you were a seal vote for me. Well if seals are morons like you maybe the marines should throw your asses off the ship. Don t worry when you swim to shore the army engineers will have the beach all mined for you.

All I can see is a bunch of guys like Gomez thumping their chest about how great they are - and nothing in the win column.

Last time I checked - America hasn't really been winning any wars lately. So Gomez ought to tone down the "I'm a SEAL " crap - or somebody might start asking him why.

Last time I checked when somebody starts bragging about how they're a race car driver - the first question that gets asked is " what races have you won?".

Same logic applies here.

Not voting or handing in a blank ballot only means that you chose to let others decide how you will be raped, to use your analogy. There was no choice to "not be raped". I looked in to the candidates and decided I would vote for the person I thought less likely to rape me. Or at least buy me some flowers first.

I wasn't "pressured", as dench put it for some reason, in to doing anything. I voted for who I thought would be the better candidate. And since both options sucked that makes him the "lesser of 2 evils".

If anyone here thinks that the blank ballot shit means in this state. Well it doesn't. The powers that be will just chalk it up to that many more wills they have broken. Making it that much easier to impliment their commie policies and ideals. This commie state is being run EXACTLY the way they want. Toeing the D line. More fed money coming in to the state in subsidies. The people have fewer and fewer right every year. More and more libtards flocking here every year further increasing their voter pool. Now when a politician can't get elected here they say "Aww I ****ed up by believing in the constitution, or claiming I do"

Seriously just look at what is going on here. He clearly still has hopes of getting in to one office or another and his "handlers" told him. "Hey if you want any chance of getting elected you have to release a public apology for believing in the constitution and the right of the people" I mean ****, he released a statement that amounted to, "since none of you are SEALS you shouldn't have guns".

As for Denches reply...

I wasn't calling you out. You asked me "why" and I answered. I will never choose to not vote just because no one on the ballot is my ideal candidate. In this state I will never see anything even remotely close to my "ideal" which means that, the best option in any election here will still just be the "lesser". Which is precisely why I am moving the **** out of this state. Hell, until Thomas Jefferson is resurrected, cloned a few hundred times, and put on the ballot for every office in the country, I will never see my ideal candidate.

Blank ballots and/or ballots with non-viable candidate names on them are still a vote.

They're an "eff you" vote.

If you just mindlessly vote for the candidates that system has endorsed - then you are endorsing the system. Nobody who is counting those votes and nobody who those votes elected - are going to give two shits about the reasons behind why you cast it. They're only going to care that they got it.

So if you voted for the crappy candidate - then you're endorsing crappy candidates.

If nobody votes - and the crappy candidates get elected on extremely small turnout - then yes, they still get into office. But it's also plainly clear that nobody thought it was worth voting for them. So when they open their pie-holes and say stupid crap like " I was elected with a majority of the vote" - then somebody can entirely legitimately reply back with " the vote was extremely small - because so many people though everybody running sucked and sucked hard - so don't go claiming that you have a mandate from the people or any of that bullshit - because you DON'T"

If the vote turnout is high - and everybody does the full retard thing and votes for the best of the worst candidate and he gets elected - and then starts screwing you over once he's in office - then you can't say a thing can you? Because you elected him (or her) - which means you voted for whatever screwing you get afterwards.

When you vote for shitty candidates - you're playing the game the way they want you to play it. So you're as much of a part of the problem as they are.

Back
Top Bottom