I was outted today. I feel weird.

Its hard to hide the fact I have firearms. A family member did some bad things. Anyway for what ever reason the police took all of me and my dads guns at my house. Paraded them out like a huge bust...they could have back the car down the driveway to the slider.......nope carried them across the yard and down the street to furthest car. For all to see.As for carry. Pretty sure most of my direct nieghbors know by now. My closest friends had no clue until recently almost 20 years.

Its hard to hide the fact I have firearms. A family member did some bad things. Anyway for what ever reason the police took all of me and my dads guns at my house. Paraded them out like a huge bust...they could have back the car down the driveway to the slider.......nope carried them across the yard and down the street to furthest car. For all to see.As for carry. Pretty sure most of my direct nieghbors know by now. My closest friends had no clue until recently almost 20 years.

Have you spoken with a firearms attorney about this? Did the relative live with you? Was this in Masschusetts?

Mark056, it was in mass, did not live with but I had some of his guns and a few of my dads. Gun used was owned by my dad.....it was a CF. All items where returned after investication was complete. Was told it was standard proceedure. At the time head was to wrapped up in what happened. In hind sight my dad said we should have told them to get a warrent........its all done with now.

I could have said "I work for the government" because I do. It wouldn't be what you think because I work for the VA and I serve our wounded and disabled soldiers. But it would have been the truth. Nothing is better than being a Vet serving my Brothers. 22 years in the VA. (Yea we still have a long way to go to get all the facilities up to speed but we keep improving and the Boston sites are pretty decent. I elect to get my health care there and no it doesn't cost you a dime because I carry my own insurance and the VA can now do a charge back to my insurance company... so it's out of my pocket.)

I was outed by a third party at my last job. It was common knowledge to a few that I carried (which was my bad - I had mentioned it to a couple of people I was close with because I had a direct "OK" from upper management to carry), and someone brought it up in conversation to a person who didn't know yet. That person was visibly surprised to find out that he had been working with a person carrying a gun every day for a year.

I would have been more upset about it if I didn't get such a kick out of it.

I find that if you put a hand on it and give them a good scowl while doing the "I'm watching you" thing with your other hand, most people don't ask any more questions about you carrying.

Funny story,

I live in the shitville where I had my Christmas lights stolen off my front lawn. So last summer after a confrontation with my crack head neighbors and there kids in my yard (insert Clint Eastwood reference). When I went to the store one of there friends hooked up a chain and tried to take my granite post from the end of the driveway. Called the po-po and ended up being someone my wife knew from the gym at Global Fitness. The neighbor began complaining about how I like to clean my weapons on the porch and it scares her and her welfare children (insert broken spanglish). The cop then informs her it is completely legal to do so and she needs to keep her damn kids off my lawn.
Cop comes over and asks if I shoot at the sportsman club and that we should shoot sometime. F- the sheeple. I will never apologize for carrying. ESPECIALLY on my own property...
Funny how my house is one of the only ones in the hood where my cars or home has not been burglarized...

Offer to take him shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know man...that sounds a little crazy.

Maybe you could offer to take him shooting though?

Back
Top Bottom