• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I was just kicked out of a store for a S&W hoodie

Well, easy-peasy. Does Massachusetts have the analogue to the Connecticut's SotS's CONCORD database of corporations? Ours provides the principals' contact information. Post, and let social media do the rest.

Almost every state (including Mass) has a list of corporations online along with the officers names and addresses. The trick is finding the legal name of the corp. Jim's booze may be registered with the local municipality as a DBA.

As an example:

The corporation could be Pantywaist Cowards, Inc. And the local place can call themselves Jim's Booze, as long as they register with the locals that Pantywaist Cowards, Inc. is doing business as Jim's Booze.

yeah good to know there is a totally unarmed packy in Easthampton! Those icky guns are so discriminatory against men just turning their lives around.

Pretty stupid on the clerk's part, but I doubt seriously if sales will suffer given the nature of the business.

You did the right thing by sharing your experience with us and you did the right thing by leaving.

Fair is fair.

A beer shirt is verboten at my kids' school, but shooting shirts are not an issue.

Their house, their dumb rules.

And again, social media. Perfectly 1st Amendment friendly. And public records, as applies to the officers of a corporation, are, of course, public.

contact the owner that you want to make a free sign for him "no guns allowed, go spend your cash elsewhere". tell him you ust want to comply with his wishes and want all your gun carrying friends to keepout of his gun free zone

ALWAYS be polite.

Polite responses include "I am not going to discuss my personal security procedures with you, and I'm certainly not going to be so rude as to ask you about yours".

I don't know enough about the Massachusetts toys and tools to do this (I do, the ones from CT) - and given the holiday and my workload can't do the needed research. Surely SOMEONE here knows about the equivalent to Connecticut's CONCORD database (and even if it leads to a DBA dead end, which it might but probably won't), and can research who the principals to this business are, and post their damned names and addresses.

You lazy sack of .....

google search for "jim's package easthampton" returns "jayohm, Inc."

Here's the corp info for Jayohm, Inc.

Here you go....

Corporations Division
Business Entity Summary
ID Number: 202821116
Summary for: JAYOHM, INC.
The exact name of the Domestic Profit Corporation: JAYOHM, INC.
Entity type: Domestic Profit Corporation
Identification Number: 202821116 Old ID Number:
Date of Organization in Massachusetts: 06-13-2005
Last date certain:
Current Fiscal Month/Day: 12/31
The location of the Principal Office:

Address: 49 COTTAGE STREET
City or town, State, Zip code, Country: EASTHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
The name and address of the Registered Agent:

Name: HARNISH B. PATEL
Address: 334 MAIN ST., 2ND FLOOR
City or town, State, Zip code, Country: EASTHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
The Officers and Directors of the Corporation:
Title Individual Name Address
PRESIDENT HARNISH B. PATEL 334 MAIN ST., 2ND FLOOR ESATHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
TREASURER HARNISH B. PATEL 334 MAIN ST., 2ND FLOOR ESATHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
SECRETARY HARNISH B. PATEL 334 MAIN ST., 2ND FLOOR ESATHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
DIRECTOR HARNISH B. PATEL 334 MAIN ST., 2ND FLOOR ESATHAMPTON, MA 01027 USA
Business entity stock is publicly traded:
The total number of shares and the par value, if any, of each class of stock which this business entity is authorized to issue:
Class of Stock Par value per share Total Authorized Total issued and outstanding
No. of shares Total par value No. of shares
CNP $ 0.00 20,000 $ 0.00 1,000
Consent Confidential Data Merger Allowed Manufacturing
View filings for this business entity:
Comments or notes associated with this business entity:

You know that, in this clerk's mind, he just foiled an armed robbery and probably went home and bragged to his life-partner about it.

The logic of confronting someone for a shirt is puzzling. If the individual is a upstanding citizen, it will only serve to offend, and if the individual is an evil doer, such a confrontation is not likely to be helpful.

Was at the Holyoke mall at lunch getting a few last minute Christmas presents. Saw three guys with S&W hoodies on today! In one trip to the mall! I wanted to wave or something - but I was in dress slacks and probably would have looked like an ass. I just happened to be packing S&W for today's work carry.

Keep wearing those hoodies boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at the Holyoke mall at lunch getting a few last minute Christmas presents. Saw three guys with S&W hoodies on today! In one trip to the mall! I wanted to wave or something - but I was in dress slacks and probably would have looked like an ass. I just happened to be packing S&W for today's work carry.

Keep wearing those hoodies boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't you know holyoke mall is a gun free zone??[wink]

I just got a little back story from my brother, Prem (the guy behind the register) is apparently a customer at my brothers shop. and was recently the victim of an armed robbery at one of his families other stores in Springfield so I am thinking he is just very nervous at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom